PDA

View Full Version : Too much posting part 2

Cotlake
31-10-2009, 23:16
Hi Marco, Steve and any other forum owner,

On the original thread I tried to respond to 'Dalek Supreme' Neil but he had organised the thread so I could not use the reply tag or use the quote tag. Draconian control. A PM option is not relevant and certainly not about freedom of speech and the open sharing of information on the forum.

Hense this new thread.

This is about freedom of expression and if Neil thinks he needs to exercise so much control more appropriate to that delivered by junior school playground staff, so be it. It indicates the total inability to comprehend how adults, sometimes in dispute can discuss, find resolution or alternatively choose to disagree. Most of all it supresses intelligent debate. I'm not interested in belonging to a forum that employs moderators who are clearly inept in doing a competant job.

Nice to be here again for a month or so. Once again an appointed moderator who doesn't have the skills to actually moderate (I mean, he just doesn't have the people skills and should be retired) has spoilt things. I'm off........see you all at the next fest (Marco, Steve et al)! You owner moderators could do well to sort this sort of nonsence out. It does nothing good in terms of promoting your forum. Frankly, the Dalek man comes over as simply (it would be so easy to be offensive here) extremely naive in terms of how to carry out his moderator duties. He just doesn't get it. Maybe he needs to grow up as well!

Regards,

Greg

Spectral Morn
31-10-2009, 23:25
Greg

This is a disagreement between Andre and Chris and frankly should be sorted out in private between them.

Imho it is you who should now wind your neck in I asked you to remove your post which was having ago at me, as well as Andre. I did not want that thread getting out of hand which it now has. Wise up.

I sit here doing what I do for free and being a mod is not easy, maybe I have got things slightly wrong, but you calling people childish etc is of no help, in an argument between two members. I want Andre and Chris to sort things out I don't need you or anyone else stirring it up which IMHO is what you were doing at first I thought by accident but now I am not so sure, based on this reaction.

D S D L

Themis
31-10-2009, 23:32
C'mon guys. Moderating passionate discussions is not easy.
Please don't over-exaggerate things. It's certainly easier to point out the positive things than the negative, isn't it ?

Or is it me who is naive ? If so, please disregard.

The Grand Wazoo
31-10-2009, 23:50
Greg,
Neil has to walk a fine line & it's always better to play safe. - I didn't see the post that I presume Neil deleted, but please bear in mind that disputes between members look bad to onlookers and members. I agree with Neil that this should have been handled in private & regret that it was not.

Andre is obviously not available at the moment, but I'm sure we'll work things out.

Cotlake
01-11-2009, 00:27
Hi Neil,

Actually it has nothing to do with what you thought I was doing or anything else for that matter. You as a moderator need to have the skill to discern such things and your response needs to be appropriate. Your reply clearly indicates you really don't have a handle on this thing at all. Beleive me, I have no interest in stirring up trouble. I much prefer posts that reflect how things really are and are informative and educational.

No problem, we all live and learn and move on and no doubt this will turn out to be a worthwhile experience for you in terms of your moderating duties. I acknowledge you do this voluntarily and I applaud you for that.

The original spat was expressed publically so it is reasonable that the membership should be allowed to respond. You've encouraged it to become a private PM matter and I agree. That is good and relevant. However, whilst it was in the public domain, it is reasonable for any member to join in. I thought and still think Andre has been immature. My post was designed to indicate that maybe he didn't know the facts about ELP as well as he might like to think. At no point did I personally call him childish. I used that terminology in reference to ELP material.

No doubt Andre and Chris are great forum members but their spat came into the open and in such circumstances when I have a view, I'll exercise my right to speak. Obviously you have the control to prevent that, but it would seriously spoil the forum if you applied that power as you actually have done by preventing me to reply on the original thread. Do you understand the implications here?

Seriously, not wanting to spoil things and wanting AOL to retain a reputation for freedom of speech, it would be a major issue if any member whoever could not offer reasonable comment on any public thread/debate.

Regards,

Greg

Rare Bird
01-11-2009, 00:44
Hmmm for a thid time. While you're slagging that piece off, consider it was composed in 1942 by Aaron Copeland, one of America's most highly regarded composers. Keith Emerson has just done his usual rock 'n' roll take on a well loved and regarded classical piece of music. Seems ok to me.

Greg you are obviously up Chrises arse hole & can i just put you straight as you know nothing ast all about ELP

Right i'll tell you why i hate ELP post '74 is because for some demented reason Keith Emerson got hold of his new toy: Yamaha GX1,which was the basis of the new ELP over the Moog sound, i hated it it destroyed what was the sound of ELP, i personaly had enough of it.'Fanfare For The Common Man' is trash IMHO.

Rare Bird
01-11-2009, 00:45

John
01-11-2009, 08:36
Greg first of all I hope you do not leave I always enjoy your posts and you bring a wonderful knowledge As Chris siad getting the balance right is a hard at times but we really want the forum to be a friendly place where opions can be challenged and diebated but keeps that fine line in being welcoming
Andre all musical views are welcome here Chris i tend to agree with his view point around genre I am not a fan of ELP myself but totally welcome that passion you have for the music they make I understand being a fan can make critism about a band harder to hear but for myself I gave up caring if people do not get what I love music is personnal and subjective however I love it when I turn people onto music they never heard before or someone turns me onto an album I would not genreally consider or even know about

DSJR
01-11-2009, 12:32
Wasn't the GX1 one of the most complex and comprehensive "modular" synths ever made (apart from the wonderfully awsome T.O.N.T.O.)?

ELP went down the pan for me with "Love Beach," which was dire to my ears. I rather liked much of the "Works" albums, which may have been just contract fillers for all I know........

Rare Bird
01-11-2009, 20:39
Wasn't the GX1 one of the most complex and comprehensive "modular" synths ever made (apart from the wonderfully awsome T.O.N.T.O.)?

ELP went down the pan for me with "Love Beach," which was dire to my ears. I rather liked much of the "Works" albums, which may have been just contract fillers for all I know........

'GX-1' wasnt a modular synth although it was one of the worse sounding pieces of shit ever

'Love Beech' was an album made to conclude a record contract the band had with Atlantic Records, nothing more, none of the band had any intrest what so ever in the it.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/gx1.php

Marco
01-11-2009, 21:58
I'm just back from the MAD event in London, so I'll look through all this stuff and deal with it tomorrow!

Marco.

P.S Nice to see you again, John :)

Rare Bird
01-11-2009, 22:04
Deal with what?

The Grand Wazoo
01-11-2009, 22:14
Deal with what?

The original post on this thread was directed at Marco & Steve. Did you neglect to read that as well?

Rare Bird
01-11-2009, 22:17
The original post on this thread was directed at Marco & Steve. Did you neglect to read that as well?

Yes cos i've as much intrest as the man in the moon.

Marco
01-11-2009, 22:29
Deal with what?

Whatever happened between Chris and you, and apparently also Greg. I don't have time to read through it all now, but will do tomorrow.

Marco.

Rare Bird
01-11-2009, 22:40
Nothing to do with greg he just stuck his nose in..But i'll be the bad one i always am.

Marco
02-11-2009, 10:33
Ok...

Could someone who was there when this 'big girls tiff' happened (I don't mind who) please supply a link to where it originally kicked off (showing the offending posts), and also a link to the ensuing 'debate' elsewhere (if applicable) between all parties involved, including Greg's input in it all?

I specifically would like to see which hairy-arsed big girl 'swung their handbag' first, as it were ;)

I simply can't be arsed trying to find where it all happened and then wading through it all... I will then make a decision as to what to do about it (if anything).

Cheers!

Marco.

Rare Bird
02-11-2009, 11:16
PM Sent. Quite simple realy a small tiff broke out between two people that got totally out of hand cos someone stuck his hooter in transending it into a bonzo of a tiff introducing others in the process..

Marco
02-11-2009, 21:30
Having now read through all this stuff, gentlemen, I think we can safely file it under 'handbags', and move on :)

Marco.