PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: Sonic Satori Impressions: Audeze Titanium EL-8 + Cypher Lightning Cable

Neil McCauley
25-02-2016, 08:36
Michael Mercer: Audeze Nails It Yet Again

As I sit on the back porch bobbin' my head to A Tribe Called Quest's "Lyrics To Go" off Midnight Marauders via TIDAL through Audeze's new Titanium EL-8 closed-back planars, I'm feelin' the music like I do when I'm using one of my usual portable systems. The sound is full-bodied, engagingly dynamic, and silky-smooth. There's also plenty of headroom. So, what's the dilli'? What makes this experience different and worth talkin' about this morning? Usually, when I'm rockin' my tunes out in the world I'm using a full portable rig, typically consisting of: My headphones, battery-powered headphone amp/DAC and DAP (digital audio player) plus necessary cabling.

Now, the set-up process for one of those rigs is admittedly somewhat lengthly due to my audio OCD, but no matter what, I have to consider things like component synergy, which cables to run, and I usually end-up slappin' some rubber bands around what we Head-Fiers call a "brick": a lil' stack with the Amp/DAC and DAP rubber-banded together (we do have some fashionable, branded bands I'll admit) like a .....

Continues @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/02/news-sonic-satori-impressions-audeze-titanium-el-8-cypher-lightning-cable/