PDA

View Full Version : The amplifier designer hall of fame (part #4) – Antony Michaelson (again), Mark Levin

Neil McCauley
12-02-2016, 08:56
Editor McCauley in conversation with Howard Popeck:

From that standpoint then, is Antony Michaelson a UK version of Mark Levinson?

Yes, possibly. Antony is a very unusual man and again is the sole occupant of a rare and special ‘box’. He’s very gifted in many ways and yes he’s an audio designer as well as being a powerhouse sales and marketing man. And he knows what live music should sound like when reproduced in the home.

I only know Mr. Levinson a bit and Antony a lot better. Antony has his feet very firmly planted in commercial reality and Mark, err Mark … well somewhat less so it seems to me (HP gazes off into the distance). ML and Antony both know what live music should sound like. They're both musicians. Both of them understand both vintage analogue and modern digital recording techniques.

Any other similarities?

Oh probably yes, but that’s not really the point of this interview I guess. (HP yawns) What I will say though is that neither .....

Continues @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/02/the-amplifier-designer-hall-of-fame-part-4-neil-mccauley-in-conversation-with-howard-popeck/