PDA

View Full Version : Tortuga Audio Announces Boathull Loudspeakers

Neil McCauley
03-02-2016, 09:07
They say: We’ve been busy with a number of new projects over the past few months and are finally ready to tell you about one of them.

While our focus will continue to be our LDR preamps we are expanding our offering to include a unique style and type of speaker, the full range boathull speaker.

Full range means there’s only a single driver the covers the full 20 Hz to 20 kHz audible range. This eliminates the complexity and artifacts of multiple drivers including the crossovers.

For me personally, it’s not an exaggeration to say that once you’ve gone full range, you don’t go back.

Large diameter full range drivers capable of delivering both full bodied bass plus satisfying mids and highs are very challenging to design. For the past few years I’ve been working with Audio Nirvana’s full range drivers which are more than up to this challenge. Moreover, I’ve become convinced they offer a level of sound quality that rivals many elite high end speakers.

Having chosen what we believe is the best full range drivers available, we next turned our attention to speaker cabinets. Our goal here was .....

Please continue @ http://www.hifianswers.com/2016/02/tortuga-audio-announces-boathull-loudspeakers/