PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye David Bowie, Thanks For The Music!

HiFi Lounge
12-01-2016, 08:34
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr109/Mikawen/Music/IMG_3204_zpskuikdadp.jpg (http://s474.photobucket.com/user/Mikawen/media/Music/IMG_3204_zpskuikdadp.jpg.html)

Hi All,

I’m sure many of us were put into a state of shock yesterday at the news of David Bowies passing, it was so unexpected, I was only listening to his new album, Blackstar, the night before hoping that he would tour with it, then woke to the sad news that really effected me.

Like so many people Bowies music really had been such an integral part of my growing up and still is today, there really aren’t many weeks that pass when I am not playing Bowie at work. For me 2 of my favourite albums of all time are Hunky Dory and Scary Monsters, both very different but both truly excellent.

I know Bowie was known as a chameleon, changing his appearance regularly, he was a real fashion icon but for me it was all about his music, I would have loved to have been a teenager through the whole Ziggy era, that must have been such an exciting time.

I guess it hit me quite hard as not only was Bowie one of my all time favourite artists but also the first time that one of my hero’s has died, I love Elvis but I was too young when he died to really understand the significance but this time I really felt it.

I won’t go in as all the tributes that are being paid say everything, my only regret is that I never got the chance to see him more live, I only got the opportunity once at Wembley Stadium on the Glass Spider tour, an awesome gig that I will always remember.

I guess Bowie had the last word with his latest Blackstar album, his parting gift to all his legions of fans and destined to go to No1 this week.

Thanks David, you have inspired so many and made such a difference to our culture, a true legend, RIP.

Cheers,

Paul.

British high fidelity
12-01-2016, 10:18
Well said brother, he will always be apart of our lives, now and forever, R.I.P Ziggy