PDA

View Full Version : Steveinspain's system from a few years back..

steveinspain
20-10-2009, 16:00
I have been rebuilding my pc, so have had hard drives all over the place while trying to get pictures saved from one onto another, then backed up, meaning I have been unable to find anything for ages, but anyway...
Here is a picture of me and mine form several years back.
The Gryodec has made way for an Orbe, the Naim boxes all look the same but are now Avondale on the inside, and the speakers are no longer SBL's but are also Avondale units - more pictures will follow at some stage - maybe once the Caiman has arrived. The other end of the room is where the rest of the lp's and cd's are
I too have aged a little. ONLY a little, mind..

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c48/stevethestinkyone/stereoandme640x480.jpg

Beechwoods
20-10-2009, 20:44
Cool... nice room treatment by the looks of it, and a great CD collection! I look forward to the next installment!

Rare Bird
20-10-2009, 22:28
Hi Steve:
Have to say those Mk.I Gyrodec Aluminium platters look miles better than the black Carbon loaded efforts they have now..

The Grand Wazoo
20-10-2009, 22:33
Hi Steve,
Love the pyramidal power amp that your speaker cable's running from. It make those Nagra ones look a bit shite!

Alexxus
25-10-2009, 21:03
Lovely stuff there, Steve. Impressive CD collection too.

steveinspain
26-10-2009, 06:30
Thanks Eddie - there is more, and much more at the other end of the room..
I'll try to get the room sorted and post another picture soon - seems we are now planning on moving the music room upstairs so that my younger daughter can sleep downstairs with the rest of us. This'll mean the new music room may be rather bigger - like 4m x 9m, but will involve a lot of work and expense, with 3 new windows, insulating the ceiling to keep the cold out, and a new floor to stop sound from going down to the bedrooms - not to mention all the new shelving, wiring decorating etc. I'll also need to remove all the sound treatment foam and shelving downstairs to make Jessies bedroom more bedroom-like.
I'll be without a music room for several months it seems, so making the soon-to-arrive Caiman and headphones all the more important !