PDA

View Full Version : Ignore a mod

Desmo
31-12-2015, 11:04
I have found the 'Ignore' setting to be quite useful (never needed it on any other forum I've ever been a member of) however, the system will not let me add certain people to the ignore list since they are moderators of the forum. Please can you extend the 'Ignore' functionality so that these people can be included in the list too.

Marco
31-12-2015, 11:32
Hi Graeme,

The software, I'm afraid, is what it is, so the ignore function cannot be modified as you suggest.

My advice, if you have an issue with one of the moderators, is to chat with the person concerned, via PM, and try and resolve the issues you have amicably. That way you're dealing with the issue 'at source', rather than having to take any preventative measures, which will only deflect, rather than cure the problem.

Hope this helps :)

Marco.

jandl100
31-12-2015, 11:39
made me smile. :)

I wonder which one it is :hmm:

I've got one irritating booger blanked on TAS and another on Wigwam but none here.

lordmortlock
31-12-2015, 11:48
I've got one irritating booger blanked on TAS and another on Wigwam but none here.

It's me, isn't it? :)

jandl100
31-12-2015, 11:51
Damn, he's found me here, too :( - where's the AOS Ignore button?

Firebottle
31-12-2015, 11:55
Somehow I can guess who the blank is on TAS. He comes over as a right irritating twat.

PS are there left and right twats :lol:

Macca
31-12-2015, 12:02
Probably me I'm the biggest gobshite or can be :)

Not really understood the ignore function, why not just skip the posts you don't want to read?

I think it only exists to piss people off anyway. It seems to be accepted practice on forums that if you put someone on your ignore list you have to announce it in the open forum first. What's that all about?

YNWaN
31-12-2015, 12:04
My PFM 'ignore' list is quite extensive.

jandl100
31-12-2015, 12:05
My PFM 'ignore' list is quite extensive.

I can imagine that. What a forum. :doh: I just don't bother with it at all now. Nasty place. I ignore the lot of 'em. :lol:

Marco
31-12-2015, 12:06
It seems to be accepted practice on forums that if you put someone on your ignore list you have to announce it in the open forum first. What's that all about?

Attention-seeking idiocy? ;)

'Leaving threads' are just as bad! :doh:

Marco.

struth
31-12-2015, 12:08
An attempt to embarrass someone I guess. A form of bullying. I've never used it and don't intend to... Well I can't now anyways.

At least this forum allows some mod criticism within reason. most don't....but folk have to remember a call has to be made on some things and it will inevitably upset someone.

Marco
31-12-2015, 12:10
I can imagine that. What a forum. :doh: I just don't bother with it at all now. Nasty place. I ignore the lot of 'em. :lol:

I actually rather like pfm. No forum is perfect, and overall I believe that Tony and his team do a good job. I certainly know how difficult it is to try and keep every bugger happy on a large and busy forum! It's a thankless task.

Anyway, I won't allow this thread to exist as a pop at forums and folks we don't like, so unless Graeme has anything else to add? :)

Marco.

jandl100
31-12-2015, 12:10
Attention-seeking idiocy? ;)

'Leaving threads' are just as bad! :doh:

Marco.

A good flounce can be fun in a way.

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/golden_flounce.jpg?w=720

Marco
31-12-2015, 12:16
:lolsign:

Indeed, and there are some rather flouncy little poppets out there (in their floral frocks), too! Bless... :pat: :D

Marco.

Macca
31-12-2015, 12:31
Ed Harris demonstrates how to do a proper flounce in the classic 'Glengarry Glenross'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVHJrz6Sk7U

Not suitable for work!

lordmortlock
31-12-2015, 12:52
Damn, he's found me here, too :( - where's the AOS Ignore button?

:lol:

YNWaN
31-12-2015, 13:34
I doubt that many of the people on my PFM ignore list know that they are (some of them are now banned anyway). The feature really works best on Tapatalk where posts simply don't exist if that poster is on your ignore list. Otherwise it's just as easy to not read the post in the first place. I really like PFM as a whole though and find it very well moderated.

jandl100
31-12-2015, 15:10
I really like PFM as a whole though .

That's cos you're a Flat Earther at heart, Mark.:mental: ;)

Marco
31-12-2015, 15:20
I doubt that many of the people on my PFM ignore list know that they are (some of them are now banned anyway)

I suspect that I could name about four of them at least! ;)

Having said that, Tony's done a good job recently of clearing out the waste of space irritants.....

Marco.

YNWaN
31-12-2015, 16:47
Marco, yes you probably could ;). I agree regarding Tone and the other mods though - not an easy job as you know.

Jerry, what can I say - true though :).

Audio Advent
31-12-2015, 21:45
What does it do, the ignore function? Doesn't it just blank out posts of certain people so that whereever they say something a people reply, that post is then quoted (so no longer ignored) or threads stop making any sense? Sounds a bit daft ... And people can't see or hear what you're saying about them behind your computer screen anyway :)