PDA

View Full Version : Step up? Yam to denon

TimJ
24-12-2015, 19:43
Hi all,
just wanted thoughts on whether changing my yamaha aventage 810 to the new denon 2200 would be wise? The new Yamaha if i was going to would be 1050 aventage but its 1k. The denon avr 2200 is £500.

The reason is im toying with slowly upgrading to 4k ie tv and amp. Tv can wait as i love my panny plasma but thought that the denon came over as a bargain. My current aventage is great and love it but it has no 4k.
Im now also running ma r90's and ma radious centre and sub.

So would my audio suffer by getting the denon but future proof my plans for half the cost ? Or best to hold out for yamaha to do another new range of amps and get the 1050 on offer ?!? Would i notice a real difference in quality? I do not use a 5k sacd player or

Thoughts appreciated

Edit to say the denon is already on offer at £399.

cpjvej2012
02-02-2019, 11:46
Hi all,
just wanted thoughts on whether changing my yamaha aventage 810 to the new denon 2200 would be wise? The new Yamaha if i was going to would be 1050 aventage but its 1k. The denon avr 2200 is £500.

The reason is im toying with slowly upgrading to 4k ie tv and amp. Tv can wait as i love my panny plasma but thought that the denon came over as a bargain. My current aventage is great and love it but it has no 4k.
Im now also running ma r90's and ma radious centre and sub.

So would my audio suffer by getting the denon but future proof my plans for half the cost ? Or best to hold out for yamaha to do another new range of amps and get the 1050 on offer ?!? Would i notice a real difference in quality? I do not use a 5k sacd player or

Thoughts appreciated

Edit to say the denon is already on offer at £399.

I would go with the Denon, have you auditioned/heard one? they are pretty good. im on ebay at the moment looking for one to replacing my Onkyo. A friend of mine is running Denons (AVR-2309 and AVR5308) and swears by them and I can see why - more than enough power - they sound great whether 7.1 or Stereo for music. Obviously the ones im looking at are a bit older now but they are still solid and still seem to be today. The one im looking at (2309) is 125wpc, as is the Pioneer VSX of the day but the Denon sounds so much better and i'm a Pio fan boy.

Mr Neds
22-03-2021, 18:25
I picked up a 2312 on eBay a couple of years ago for£100, possibly because it was collection only. Can’t fault it, apart from it having too many bloody menu options!

chris@panteg
24-03-2021, 07:58
I would go for the Denon, my Yamaha died recently and I don't think I'll buy another any time soon!
I have to also say I have a Panasonic plasma which I really like, had it for 9 years now but it's been relegated to the bedroom/mancave, main TV is now a Samsung TU8500 50inch and although the viewing angles are poor, it beats my old panny hands down on picture quality, 4k is amazing!

Lawrence001
24-03-2021, 10:16
If he still hasn't made his mind up then I imagine prices (and technology) have moved on a little since the first post.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

chris@panteg
24-03-2021, 12:22
Ah yes I see, silly me.