PDA

View Full Version : The next step for my Techie - Advice needed.

twelvebears
14-10-2009, 08:01
OK chaps, the time has come for the next upgrade to my Techie.

My signature lists my current status, so it's a 'what next?' question.

I realise that I need a replacement arm AND a TimeStep, but funds dictate only one just at the moment.

Question is, which one? New PS or replace the stock arm?

As the arm has been rewired, foam-filled and generally worked-over by Jonnie at Audio Origami, my instincts are to go with the PS, but I'm aware there are others who will have practical experience of which is likely to be the best choice at this point.

Views?

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2009, 08:52
did you ever read my response to getting the timestep? it might have been a little ott ... but blimey it is a good upgrade. i would think that would be the most logical step concidoring your circumstances

chris@panteg
14-10-2009, 09:40
Hi Steve

I still use the stock arm , and i would recommend getting the Timestep ' its more than just speed stability ' the transformer hum's and interfere's with your cart .

Fit the timestep ' at the same time take out the transformer, i think you will be pleased with the difference.

twelvebears
14-10-2009, 09:55
Thanks chaps, sounds like solid advice, especially getting rid of the original transformer.

I'mn guessing this is likely to be even more noticable given that I'm using a MC.....

Right, TimeStep it is.

Mr Cawley?

chris@panteg
14-10-2009, 11:32
Good decision Steve ' i am sure you will love it ' give it a few days to run in .

My next upgrade has to be the Mat ' i think i will pm Dave:)

The Vinyl Adventure
14-10-2009, 16:10
as a side note... the other thing with replacing the psu is that it is so easy even i managed it (with a bit of advice over the phone from dave... what he didnt know was that i was cutting the internal wiring that needs removing with garden shears :) )

mike1210
14-10-2009, 23:09
Another vote for the timestep, great upgrade:)