PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!

Primalsea
03-10-2009, 19:57
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Can someone go onto Ebay and search for "WAD amp".

Its my listing for my Kel84 but people keep saying there's no information but I did put a description in and I can see it from my computer even when not signed in:scratch:

I thought it was odd when someone asked me some questions and about 4 of them were already answered in the description. I just thought he didnt read it but then a guy on Wigwam said there was no info on the amp and another potential bidder asked why I didnt put any info on the listing???

Cheers for the help

Stratmangler
03-10-2009, 20:01
Plenty of info on your ebay listing Paul. Might be browser specific. I use Firefox.

Chris:)

Marco
03-10-2009, 20:09
Hi Paul,

I've had a look, and sorry matey, I can't see any info either...

{Edit: Oops, just seen Strat's post - must be the browser then!}

Marco.

Beechwoods
03-10-2009, 20:10
I followed the link via the earlier post, and from the Wigwam link, and everything looked fine in Firefox.

Camino is also fine.

I've just checked in Safari though and the description is missing there :damn: I don't have IE so can't check with that.

I stopped using Safari because of issues like this. Apple's crappest piece of software.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this Paul.

Beechwoods
03-10-2009, 20:12
Save the description as a picture, along with an explanation about why you're doing this, and post it to the listing as an image.

eBay should make sure their systems are fully compatible with the top 5 most used browsers IMO.

Marco
03-10-2009, 20:15
Excuse my ignorance, chaps, but why do browsers make a difference? :confused:

I've never encountered this phenomenon with Ebay listings before...

Marco.

Stratmangler
03-10-2009, 20:17
I don't get the info coming up with IE8. Which is piss poor, 'cos IE is probably the most widely used browser.

Chris:)

Beechwoods
03-10-2009, 20:21
eBay has a number of quirks that only show up with certain browsers, but most of them are cosmetic - like finding you have to scroll right to read the whole description when it should fit in one 20" monitor window :)

Different browsers interpret the HTML in slightly different ways. Internet Explorer is notorious for allowing it's own shorthand HTML that features certain shortcuts that don't work properly with other browsers.

I've found Firefox the most reliable especially the releases over the last 6 months.

Beechwoods
03-10-2009, 20:22
Paul - I'd give eBay support a call and see if they can fix the problem.

Primalsea
03-10-2009, 20:28
Hi thanks guys, Yep I will complain but cant phone till the morning and there crap system stops you sending an email about such as thing unless you go through some crap procedure full of dragons men with big sticks and obfuscation!!

I will probably loose money cause of this so will expect ebay to re-emburse me compansation. People wont bid if they dont see the description thinking it to be a bit dodgy!!

Alex_UK
03-10-2009, 20:48
It's also blank with Google Chrome (was blank with IE 8, fine with Firefox.) Good luck sorting it, though I suspect you will be pi55ing in the wind with ebay...

Cotlake
03-10-2009, 21:04
Hi Paul,

You have PM.

Regards,

Greg

DaveK
03-10-2009, 23:03
Hi Paul,
Haven't looked at the listing but it sounds as if it's unlikely trhat anyone has bid on it - if so, withdraw it and try again. Complaining to eBay, (who will want their listing fee anyway) is like talking to a brick shithouse wall, IMHO, :steam: but good luck anyway.
Cheers,

alfie2902
04-10-2009, 12:21
Damn, I missed this. I would like to have a play with one of these! Hope it went OK what with the browser issues!

Primalsea
04-10-2009, 18:11
It got sold but I do feel that it could have gone for more. I phoned Ebay today but was put through to a call centre in Asia somewhere. The most they could do is give me a £20 voucher to spend which is not enough. I have to send an Email complaining about it so I will try that and if it doesn't go well I will send a letter and copy it to Trading Standards etc etc.