PDA

View Full Version : Trip to mad moons

vinyljunky
04-10-2015, 11:37
Went to mad moons Alans yesterday afternoon into evening with my mate Pete cracking evening listening to some cracking choons highlight was listening to the Eagles hell freezes over on vinyl he has a modified logic dm101 deck and handbuilt dual mono power amp with now recently purchased tisbury pre and fettled roksan darius stand mount speakers.The sound was crystal clear detailed treble stonking bass not over powering just focused.If he ever gets rid of his speakers I'm in the queue.He also streamed some kraftwerk Tour de France through his Cambridge audio the bass was nice and deep not boomy all in all a sound I aspire too.Ps the biscuits weren't have bad either.

RichB
04-10-2015, 18:39
Went to mad moons Alans yesterday afternoon into evening with my mate Pete cracking evening listening to some cracking choons highlight was listening to the Eagles hell freezes over on vinyl he has a modified logic dm101 deck and handbuilt dual mono power amp with now recently purchased tisbury pre and fettled roksan darius stand mount speakers.The sound was crystal clear detailed treble stonking bass not over powering just focused.If he ever gets rid of his speakers I'm in the queue.He also streamed some kraftwerk Tour de France through his Cambridge audio the bass was nice and deep not boomy all in all a sound I aspire too.Ps the biscuits weren't have bad either.

You got biscuits!!! He charges me by the cup for tea and coffee, sugar is extra!

Those darius speakers are special I told you.

Gazjam
04-10-2015, 18:59
Pics or it didnae happen! :)

vinyljunky
04-10-2015, 20:48
Too busy yacking for photos anyhow not had my plastic surgery yet.:lol:

Marco
04-10-2015, 21:30
Photos of the kit you listened to, daftee, not you! ;)

Marco.

vinyljunky
05-10-2015, 19:36
marco me Pete and Alan were nearly as good looking as the kit(on second thoughts) seriously the battery went flat on the old phonaroony so no pics gazjam I've had Dna samples taken from Alans and it's definitely mine and Petes ps marco any updates on the performance of the gold point pre

mad-moon
14-10-2015, 20:52
Aye...it's no bad for an inexpensive meagre system...streaming is that good I'm selling my Musical Fidelity A3.5 cd spinner...the tiny Tisbury has taken the place of my Roksan kandy Llll integrated (which was wasted as a pre anyway) and that is sold pending payment...I've just paid for an Icon Audio passive R pre...and praying it's going to be better than the Tisbury..It arrives on Friday and I'll be having a bake off straight away...The home brew power amp I have is sublime. Oodles of power..(I would tell you what's in it..but I'd then have to kill you)Camridge audio stream magic 6 for streaming...though it is shite at 24-192..it stutters worse than Arkwright..It's a bloody feature of the thing too..Not keen on the dacs in it..so now using a Rega dac..The filters can be turned off on the streamer...There is no amount of money could buy my Roksan Darius speakers..they is damn ugly..but they are sweeter than honey...I'm using some home brew ic's too..MIT ONE WIRE a/v coax..centre core silver plated solid ofc copper...brilliant for interconnects....

Oh..forgot to give my Logic DM101 turntable a mention..it looks beautiful..and sounds beautiful too

If you want pics of my system..giz a shout and al put some up..cheerz..mad-moon.

brian2957
14-10-2015, 21:16
Aye we like the piccies here Alan . :) Sounds like a most excellent afternoon was had by all :)

RichB
14-10-2015, 22:54
Aye...it's no bad for an inexpensive meagre system...streaming is that good I'm selling my Musical Fidelity A3.5 cd spinner...the tiny Tisbury has taken the place of my Roksan kandy Llll integrated (which was wasted as a pre anyway) and that is sold pending payment...I've just paid for an Icon Audio passive R pre...and praying it's going to be better than the Tisbury..It arrives on Friday and I'll be having a bake off straight away...The home brew power amp I have is sublime. Oodles of power..(I would tell you what's in it..but I'd then have to kill you)Camridge audio stream magic 6 for streaming...though it is shite at 24-192..it stutters worse than Arkwright..It's a bloody feature of the thing too..Not keen on the dacs in it..so now using a Rega dac..The filters can be turned off on the streamer...There is no amount of money could buy my Roksan Darius speakers..they is damn ugly..but they are sweeter than honey...I'm using some home brew ic's too..MIT ONE WIRE a/v coax..centre core silver plated solid ofc copper...brilliant for interconnects....

Oh..forgot to give my Logic DM101 turntable a mention..it looks beautiful..and sounds beautiful too

If you want pics of my system..giz a shout and al put some up..cheerz..mad-moon.

I had the Icon passive Alan. I liked it but it became surplus to requirements with the benchmark dac in the system.

Speaking of which, Steve have you still got mine? Is it a keeper?

vinyljunky
15-10-2015, 19:03
Rich I am still using it if it's possible could I give you a decision monday:D

RichB
15-10-2015, 19:49
Rich I am still using it if it's possible could I give you a decision monday:D

No worries.

mad-moon
16-10-2015, 16:11
Erm...Yes...The Icon Audio is a tad better than the Tisbury..by a fortnight..wooooooosh!......It's a cracker...I was impressed by what the Tisbury did..but this Icon Audio is something else...and The price I got it for...well, that's nobody's business..hahaaaaa!...