PDA

View Full Version : Review of Dvorak New World Symphony & Slavonic Dances Otmar Suitner & Staatskapelle B

Neil McCauley
24-07-2015, 14:20
Possibly of interest? if so, then http://www.hifianswers.com/2015/07/review-of-dvorak-new-world-symphony-slavonic-dances-otmar-suitner-staatskapelle-berlin-vaclav-neumann-gewandhausorchester-leipzig/
The writer is a new contributor to hifianswers.com where i am the features editor.

Ingrid
29-07-2015, 22:22
A piece I never tire of listening to.

jandl100
30-07-2015, 06:41
Suitner's recordings are all worth exploring - he tends to give fastish, upbeat and exciting renditions.

I just looked at the linked review - the reviewer seems fairly clueless to me, just drivels on, doesn't make any particularly useful comparisons. The number of words allotted to the actual musical performance are minimal and, tbh, ignorant and fairly worthless. Waste of space.

So much more could have been said if he had any significant experience of Suitner's many excellent recordings, which he clearly hasn't ... or if he has then this vital and relevant information is withheld from the reader.

The review is not just bad, but is likely to put readers off from trying more of Suitner's work, which is a crying shame.

There are many superb and well recorded bargain label CDs from eastern Europe, but no mention of that. What a wasted opportunity.

Not just a bad review, but really strongly negatively bad. Far better if it had never been published. Sorry.

Gordon Steadman
30-07-2015, 07:05
Suitner's recordings are all worth exploring - he tends to give fastish, upbeat and exciting renditions.

I just looked at the linked review - the reviewer seems fairly clueless to me, just drivels on, doesn't make any particularly useful comparisons. The number of words allotted to the actual musical performance are minimal and, tbh, ignorant and fairly worthless. Waste of space.

So much more could have been said if he had any significant experience of Suitner's many excellent recordings, which he clearly hasn't.
The review is not just bad, but is likely to put readers off from trying more of Suitner's work, which is a crying shame.

There are many superb and well recorded bargain label CDs from eastern Europe, but no mention of that. What a wasted opportunity.

Not just a bad review, but really strongly negatively bad. Far better if it had never been published. Sorry.

+1. What review?

Barry
30-07-2015, 09:27
Agreed - just a lot of clever, 'knowing' sub-headings without any substance contained under them. A complete waste of electricity!

BTH K10A
15-08-2015, 20:20
Agreed - just a lot of clever, 'knowing' sub-headings without any substance contained under them. A complete waste of electricity!

After looking, that's a fair summation of hifianswers.com