PDA

View Full Version : Reel to Reel to CD service?

Bluebeat13
16-07-2015, 09:21
Morning all,

I have a friend who has some of his father's piano recitals on reel to reel tape but doesn't have the equipment to listen to them. He would like to get them copied to CD so that he can play them, does anyone know of anyone in London who offers this service?

I think they are pretty sentimentally important to him so hoped you guys might have experience of someone who can do the tapes justice.

Many thanks,

Tom

Barry
16-07-2015, 10:06
Morning all,

I have a friend who has some of his father's piano recitals on reel to reel tape but doesn't have the equipment to listen to them. He would like to get them copied to CD so that he can play them, does anyone know of anyone in London who offers this service?

I think they are pretty sentimentally important to him so hoped you guys might have experience of someone who can do the tapes justice.

Many thanks,

Tom

We would need to know a little more about the tapes. What is the size of the spool, what was the recording speed and are they two track or four track tapes?

Bluebeat13
16-07-2015, 10:15
Thanks for the reply Barry, I havent a clue. I'll find out.

topoxforddoc
18-07-2015, 09:15
How about Shaw Sounds? I have no connection to them, but the list of clients looks good. £25 per hour for R2R tape transfer looks very reasonable

http://shawsounds.net/home

Bluebeat13
22-07-2015, 18:42
Thanks Charlie, they look to be providing exactly what he's after. I have sent my friend the link.

Lodgesound
22-07-2015, 18:46
We can do any format / gauge as required - and we are extremely careful.

PM me for further details.