PDA

View Full Version : rega planet questions?

The Vinyl Adventure
17-09-2009, 15:20
anyone have any comments on this player? positive or negative?
i have read the reviews, im just interested in personal views from people with direct experience if pos?
its the original that im talking aout so, value? £150?

cheers,

Jason P
17-09-2009, 15:37
Never owned one but a friend had one - impressive, very detailed and open sound. Built well and nice to look at to boot!

£150 doesn't sound bad, but seeing as you have a Caiman... you may find something cheaper, like one of the stable platter Pioneers, just as good for less.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in!

Jason

Steve Toy
17-09-2009, 15:51
The original Planet was a great player. Definitely a case of the second mouse getting the cheese for Rega. It is built like a tank too.

The Vinyl Adventure
17-09-2009, 15:55
i have been thinking on the pioneer 703 for a while now - its only going to be for the odd use here and there - but, and this really contradicts my normal view on this sort of thing, i want it to look pretty as its going to be on the top of the ss rack. it is also likely to be the last cd player i ever buy and i was always drooling over the original planet before i even knew what i was listening to when i was 15(?)
i wouldnt even buy a cd player, but hannah doesnt always get on with the majik ds (however many times i show her)
so , as something i will very raely use, its almost in my books there for show... if that makes sence - so it might as well be somthing i think looks ace!
also it only has 4 buttons so if she cant use it... well... i dunno what il do?!
(she would never get the hang of putting the cd upside down in a pioneer!)

hifi_dave
17-09-2009, 15:55
Don't hesitate, squeeze the price down a bit and buy it. Excellent machines.

The Vinyl Adventure
17-09-2009, 15:58
...its on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REGA-PLANET-CD-PLAYER-with-Remote-Control-Superb_W0QQitemZ190334465374QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates ?hash=item2c50d1755e&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14
unless anyone knows of one else where for sale?

hifi_dave
17-09-2009, 16:21
Sorry, from the original post I got the mistaken impression that you had found one for £150 which would be OK for a good one. :doh:

Good luck with the bidding anyway.

The Vinyl Adventure
17-09-2009, 16:24
no probs,
cheers!
im gonna have a mooch on the rest of tintinet see what i can find