PDA

View Full Version : nightmares on wax - well chuffed

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2009, 20:49
i have bought a good few new and second hand vinyl lately.
i am especially shuffed about this though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230374450402&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

heres hoping that its on 2 disks coz they made it sound good for 2 disks!
quite a lot of mollar for a second hand pair of disks, but as this is literally in my top 5 albums its worth every penny!
heres hoping that where he says it plays excelently he means it!
im very very exited about reciving this!

marco: this is the disk i said i was waiting for to send to you for cleaning

Alex_UK
14-09-2009, 21:13
Nice one Hamish, I LOVE Nightmares on Wax - and this is a cracking album on CD, so should be brill on LP - I'll play my CD copy now in celebration for you!

The Vinyl Adventure
14-09-2009, 21:23
excelent stuff! im glad im not the only fan! carboot soul was the first album by any "dance" oriented artist i bought! i subsiquently bought smokers delight and shelved it to a greater extent prefering the easier to listen to carboot. about a year or so later in a differnt frame of mind to usual i properly discoverd smokers delight and havent looked back! its my ultimate relaxation album these days, i really do find it almost hypnotic listening... fantastic stuff!! i recomend it wholely to anyone!

The Vinyl Adventure
19-09-2009, 20:10
in the imortal words of mr garison ..
"jesus tap dancing christ"
i cant speak for the single disk version, but this 2 disk version is quite possibly the best bit of vinyl i own! gloriously open sounding, detail - well theres a lot of it!
im not even sure if it is the same as the cd version... theres a lt more to hear... i would need to check the cd versionn again.. but if they are the same then the music is so much better presented on the black disks over the silver ones!

The Vinyl Adventure
19-09-2009, 20:10
alex:do your self a favour - hunt down this double version, you will be amazed

Spectral Morn
19-09-2009, 20:25
Now thats a very good album, however I prefer Car Boot Soul. Nights interlude (of Smokers Delight) which becomes Les Nuits on Car Boot Soul is amazing. I use this album to evaluate gear and when in the trade I took it to customers homes, along with Mr Scruff Mrs Scruff these were helpful in locating bass problems.

Excellent stuff enjoy...

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK
19-09-2009, 20:34
Cool - glad you're liking it - off to the 'bay now then! ;)

Alex_UK
19-10-2009, 10:29
Well luckily I was the only one who followed Hamish's advice, (or rather "Bidder 2" if that was you didn't want to spend too much!) because I picked up the double vinyl LP from ebay for a bargain £7.50 plus postage, in "Very Good Condition" - (which I would say it is, though it could do with a clean I suspect to get the best out of it.)

I'm only playing it through first time, but yes, it does sound very good, on the Pro-Ject - if everything is ok then I might spin it on the Garrard this evening... (Monday is usually Ironing night, for me, "Soap Night" for Sue (no, not the one night she has a wash - Corrie, 'stenders etc - all that tosh!) the Garrard is setup in a spare room, so I can escape!)

The Vinyl Adventure
19-10-2009, 13:17
Well luckily I was the only one who followed Hamish's advice, (or rather "Bidder 2" if that was you didn't want to spend too much!) because I picked up the double vinyl LP from ebay for a bargain £7.50 plus postage, in "Very Good Condition" - (which I would say it is, though it could do with a clean I suspect to get the best out of it.)

I'm only playing it through first time, but yes, it does sound very good, on the Pro-Ject - if everything is ok then I might spin it on the Garrard this evening... (Monday is usually Ironing night, for me, "Soap Night" for Sue (no, not the one night she has a wash - Corrie, 'stenders etc - all that tosh!) the Garrard is setup in a spare room, so I can escape!)

ah ha .. I have after over 1000 post managed to provide some good advice... Woooo me:smoking: