PDA

View Full Version : FS: Vinyl Blues.

DaveK
13-09-2009, 21:13
Hi Guys,
Offered for sale to good home a mint condition double LP by 'The Misunderstood' (they certainly are by me !!) called Golden Glass.
Bought brand new and sealed in sellophane by me a few days ago on a whim - heard a snip of a track from it on YouTube I think and thought, "That's for me" - boy, was I mistaken? - not my sort of thing at all, at all!! Some 'blues' I don't mind but this is at the other extreme. Played all of side 1 and a track from side 2 (each once only) and I'd heard enough, sides 3 and 4 never played. Track list available if you can't find that information for yourself.
Anyone interested, please send me a PM with your offer price. I offer two shipment options: by post in original packing or hand delivered to Owston. Make sure that your offer states which option you are including in your bid. I have no fixed price in mind but in the event that no one bids, or no one bids high enough (to be decided on the day, depending what I feel like :) ) it will go on eBay. I will consider offers up to the Friday before Owston.
Think about it, if it's your 'bag' you might just get yourself a bargain, and no one will get ripped off.
Cheers,
PS Please don't respond by asking me what price I'm looking for - I'm looking for the best price I can get from a willing customer - remember the LPs are effectively as good as new.

Prince of Darkness
17-09-2009, 18:07
Bet you saw the "Supershow" footage by a later line up than that featured on Golden Glass.
The Misunderstood are noted mainly for the incredible Pedal Steel Guitar playing of Glenn Campbell (not the Wichita Lineman), who makes the instrument sound totally different to what you hear in C&W. When The Misunderstood split, he went on to form Juicy Lucy.:)

Will
17-09-2009, 22:41
Dave,

bring it to Owston I will give it a play.

DaveK
18-09-2009, 18:57
Bet you saw the "Supershow" footage by a later line up than that featured on Golden Glass.
The Misunderstood are noted mainly for the incredible Pedal Steel Guitar playing of Glenn Campbell (not the Wichita Lineman), who makes the instrument sound totally different to what you hear in C&W. When The Misunderstood split, he went on to form Juicy Lucy.:)

Hi Kev,
Don't know what it was I saw/heard, just know I liked it and it wasn't 'blues', or at least, not as I know it - it was more like 60s rock/pop but with a difference that really appealed to me - now lost for ever :( .
Cheers,