PDA

View Full Version : My BluRay player is dead. What should I do?

Ashmore
04-05-2015, 18:55
Hi

My Denon 1610 appears to be dead. No lights. Tried a couple of plugs but nada. I can't see any user serviceable bits - like a fuse.

So what should I do? Replacement seems like a waste as while I have a bunch of DVDs/BluRays, I seldom watch them. I have that there Amazon LoveFilm thing, and I run a NAS box, which has a DVD (not BluRay).

Is repair an option? Richer sounds maybe?
Put a BluRay in the NAS?
Not bother?

Suggestions welcome.

The Barbarian
04-05-2015, 19:19
Not very helpful but if i was buying consumer electronics these days like a DVD player the last thing on my mind was fixing it..i would be Binning it & buying another is what i would do if it were mine. Absolutely no emotional attachment to my CD player of DVD player..

Ashmore
04-05-2015, 19:28
No me either. But if a repair is possible and cheap...

orbscure
04-05-2015, 19:29
Or pick up another nice cheap one from eBay possibly cheaper than any repair:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DENON-BLU-RAY-DISC-DVD-VIDEO-PLAYER-REMOTE-CONTROL-MODEL-DBP-1610-/311350299095

The Barbarian
04-05-2015, 19:30
Si: i was under the assumption that they don't fix things like this they just replace the board, if uneconomical bin it.. Just how i thought it was with this type of thing these days!

I think that's the best bet Pete..

Ashmore
04-05-2015, 19:34
Ahhhhh eBay. God is that all its worth? Seem to remember it costing a damn sight more. Thanks for the prompt.

orbscure
04-05-2015, 19:38
No worries... if you get it for that price Simon, happy days! Plus you can swap the scratched lid on the eBay example with the pristine lid on yours. You could even keep the kaput example as a source of spares ;)