PDA

View Full Version : Should women be allowed to drive?

Chris Frost
04-04-2008, 13:24
Clip1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWDpZ0El07Y)

Clip2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7gsE-RoOwA)

Discuss...

Prince of Darkness
04-04-2008, 14:42
Bring back Reginald Mole-Husband!:lolsign:

Chris Frost
04-04-2008, 15:24
That name is vaguely familiar, so I looked it up...here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_4770000/newsid_4770800/4770818.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&bbcws=1)

greenhomeelectronics
07-04-2008, 11:28
No women should not be allowed to drive. If that bitch had not driven her car to the car park she would not have parked next to me and I could not have driven in to her. They are a bloody menace.

Filterlab
07-04-2008, 11:38
Clip one is great. What makes it truly funny is that the pump is vacant on the other side. Feckin' moron.

The second shouldn't have ever obtained a license. :confused:

Marco
14-04-2008, 09:35
Excellent clips :lol:

In my experience, though, women either make really shit drivers or exceptionally good ones - there doesn't seem to be a 'half-way house'.

I would say that women are generally more careful drivers, which of course makes them (generally) safer and less prone to be involved in high speed accidents. Of course, they'll quite possibly bump into someone in Tesco's car park, or whatever, at 5mph because they weren't paying attention to what was going on around them, or hit things as they're trying to park...

Whist trying to be as unbiased as possible, I would say that generally men are 'better' drivers, and by this I mean more able to control their vehicles in difficult situations. They also tend to have more confidence (sometimes too much, though) when driving and therefore less likely to be fazed by situations occurring that are out of the ordinary.

Incidentally, what are people's top 5 driving 'hates'? Mine are:

1) Excessively slow and indecisive drivers.
2) Lane hoggers (especially the fast lane on motorways).
3) Lorry drivers on motorways overtaking other lorries uphill, taking forever to do it, and consequently holding everyone else back for miles.
4) 'The school run'.
5) Tractors, and suchlike, on urban roads during rush hour, and learner drivers, too, at this time of the day :steam:

Marco.

Chris Frost
14-04-2008, 10:26
Men are hunters. We are genetically programmed to concentrate on one thing at once. Stuff we did was dangerous. We hunted wild animals and protected the family from attack. We were risk takers too. If some of our tribe were killed by a bear we'd be the ones going in the cave to do battle for the sake of the tribe (happens a lot around Tesco & Morrisons :lol:).

Women are gathers. They're programmed to multi-task. They go out mob handed to squeeze the berries, watch the kids and chat with the other women from the tribe.

Two women will go out shopping, try on loads of clothes, have a coffee, chat all day and then come back with nothing and tell us they've had a great day. For a bloke that sort of day is a disaster. We need a result; we need to drag a Wilderbeast back.

So what's this all go to do with driving?...

Ever noticed how few women let a car out of a side street? How they'll ignore filtering traffic, or be oblivious to the oncoming traffic flow in a narrow street? All that stuff is happening in another field somewhere else, not here where the berries are. ;)

Chris Frost
14-04-2008, 10:35
Incidentally, what are people's top 5 driving 'hates'?That's worthy of a thread on it's own, mate.

Here's mine...

middle lane hoggers
fog light amnesiacs
petrol pump prats
litter louts
the psycho school run

:doh:

Marco
14-04-2008, 10:42
Ever noticed how few women let a car out of a side street? How they'll ignore filtering traffic, or be oblivious to the oncoming traffic flow in a narrow street? All that stuff is happening in another field somewhere else, not here where the berries are.

I thought it was because they were too busy plucking their eyebrows and putting on make-up!! :lol:

Marco.

anthonyTD
14-04-2008, 11:59
That's worthy of a thread on it's own, mate.

Here's mine...

middle lane hoggers
fog light amnesiacs
petrol pump prats
litter louts
the psycho school run

:doh:
Thats strange chris, you must have read my mind!