PDA

View Full Version : NEBO 6 set for November 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

Floyddroid
18-04-2015, 22:56
I am really pleased to announce that NEBO 6 will take place on Saturday 14th of November 2015. Unfortunately i have had to find a new venue because the previous one has been taken over by a large corporation. The Schooner pub in Seaton Carew has similar facilities though albeit without accommodation. There is plenty of places to stay only a short walk away on the sea front most at very reasonable rates. I will make inquiries and post them later.

I now need to know who is coming and what you are bringing. As ever, please don't feel you need to bring equipment to enjoy the event. You can turn up and enjoy an amazing day listening to some of the best gear on the planet. Come and join in, have a drink and kick back. Listen to some great music and enjoy the day. We get kicked off at 11am right the way through to 11pm and there will be a fully licensed bar, hot food and carvery at reasonable prices. Be great to see you here again or meet you should it be your first visit. Put the date in your diary and please get in touch if you want to know more.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/Nebo6.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/Nebo6.jpg.html)

RichB
18-04-2015, 23:34
NEBO 6 - Happy days!

Of course I'll be there with a full system in tow, vinyl based this time I think.

Will confirm precisely what closer to the time but if anyone wants to use any of my stuff in for a lash up then that's nee bother.

What's the poster about this time Steve.. are we going all tie-dye or this one or something?

Marco
19-04-2015, 07:34
To save me looking it up (as I'm just out my bed), is Seaton Carew further north than the old venue in Hartlepool was, and if so, by how much? The answer to that question will determine whether I can come or not :)

Marco.

Macca
19-04-2015, 08:26
It's in Hartlepool. So not much further than it was:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idld.srf?x=452105&y=529929&z=126&sv=452105,529929&st=4&mapp=idld.srf&searchp=s.srf&dn=798&ax=452105&ay=529929&lm=0

Jimbo
19-04-2015, 08:48
Count me in Steve - even better by the sea!

Looking forward to it.:)

johnB
19-04-2015, 09:48
Any accommodation at The Schooner?

Ali Tait
19-04-2015, 09:52
Aye am up for it, not sure what I'll bring yet.

Ali Tait
19-04-2015, 09:52

Nope.

Jimbo
19-04-2015, 10:19
Any nice seaside B&B's?

Marco
19-04-2015, 12:23
There's 'Old Annie's whore house' nearby... She'll put you up, no worries, as long as you squirt some cream in her cappuccino :D :eyebrows:

Marco.

Floyddroid
19-04-2015, 16:13
:)No it isn't Marco. It is just a tad further South though equidistant due to it being on the coast.
To save me looking it up (as I'm just out my bed), is Seaton Carew further north than the old venue in Hartlepool was, and if so, by how much? The answer to that question will determine whether I can come or not :)

Marco.

Floyddroid
19-04-2015, 16:15
No but there is only stone throw away. I will post some recommendations later.

Floyddroid
19-04-2015, 16:15
Loads
Any nice seaside B&B's?

Floyddroid
19-04-2015, 16:18
Annie is full up Marco, thanks mostly to me:eyebrows:
There's 'Old Annie's whore house' nearby... She'll put you up, no worries, as long as you squirt some cream in her cappuccino :D :eyebrows:

Marco.

mik_rik
19-04-2015, 18:37
Think I'll come by canoe [may end up in Panama and end up in jail]:)

Floyddroid
19-04-2015, 19:34
Nice one Mik.

RichB
19-04-2015, 20:18

:lol: a compelling image that is Mick, you on your valve powered canoe with a pair of ESLs strapped to it.

You can hide in my loft for a couple of years til the insurance money comes through.

mik_rik
19-04-2015, 21:18
Esl's could double up as solar panels to take over when I get too knackered to paddle. If our lass was like his ,I think 2years in your loft was preferable to going back yem to that

Macca
19-04-2015, 22:11
I think we're into the realms of fantasy now...;)

Marco
20-04-2015, 06:16
Annie is full up Marco, thanks mostly to me:eyebrows:

Ah I see, discounts on multiple 'happy endings'? I getcha... ;)

Anyway, good to know that NEBO 6 will still be accessible. We'll see what goodies I can bring this time to flabber your gasts!

Marco.

337alant
20-04-2015, 09:29
I will come Steve and bring along some of my usual tat :eyebrows:

Alan

Floyddroid
20-04-2015, 09:32
Yes but this time it will be loaded with a twenty minute treat. Lets not reveal that till the day though Alan. Tee hee.
I will come Steve and bring along some of my usual tat :eyebrows:

Alan

337alant
20-04-2015, 16:31
Ok Mums :D
Alan

Qwin
20-04-2015, 17:04
Count me in Steve.

Will bring my latest Pre/Power/speakers and the turntable.

337alant
20-04-2015, 17:53
Count me in Steve.

Will bring my latest Pre/Power/speakers and the turntable.
Cant wait to here the new amps and Yamaha NS1000 Ken

Alan

Qwin
20-04-2015, 18:25
It will certainly be different to my last set up.

I have pleanty of time to knock up some stands for the speakers. :)

337alant
30-04-2015, 17:43
Ah we nearly there yet :rolleyes::scratch::D

Alan

RichB
30-04-2015, 18:02
Ah we nearly there yet :rolleyes::scratch::D

Alan

Might need to have a NEBO 5.1 in the meantime eh?;) just for the locals and that.

I could probably get the back room of the local cricket club gratis for a cheeky afternoon.

337alant
30-04-2015, 19:19
Might need to have a NEBO 5.1 in the meantime eh?;) just for the locals and that.

I could probably get the back room of the local cricket club gratis for a cheeky afternoon.

Yeah like a pre match friendly LOL

Alan

Floyddroid
01-05-2015, 14:54
sounds good

Floyddroid
07-05-2015, 20:48
Well yer little tinkers, i has been down to da Schooner to pay for the room so yaz better turn oot. Could i ask that attendee's try to get there a little sooner as we normally have a lot to get through in the course of the day so the quicker we start playing music the better. I am really looking forward to the day though sad that we lost our headquarters at The Windmill. I have always thought that the spirit of NEBO is far greater than the surroundings. Lets make it a great day.
I am really pleased to announce that NEBO 6 will take place on Saturday 14th of November 2015. Unfortunately i have had to find a new venue because the previous one has been taken over by a large corporation. The Schooner pub in Seaton Carew has similar facilities though albeit without accommodation. There is plenty of places to stay only a short walk away on the sea front most at very reasonable rates. I will make inquiries and post them later.

I now need to know who is coming and what you are bringing. As ever, please don't feel you need to bring equipment to enjoy the event. You can turn up and enjoy an amazing day listening to some of the best gear on the planet. Come and join in, have a drink and kick back. Listen to some great music and enjoy the day. We get kicked off at 11am right the way through to 11pm and there will be a fully licensed bar, hot food and carvery at reasonable prices. Be great to see you here again or meet you should it be your first visit. Put the date in your diary and please get in touch if you want to know more.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/Nebo6.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/Nebo6.jpg.html)

337alant
07-05-2015, 23:11
Nice one Steve look forward to it and thanks for organising it, hope we can get Neil Blackwood back for this one as well, I really miss his input ;)

Alan

Floyddroid
08-05-2015, 07:52
Yes me too. Neil was really instrumental in supporting me getting NEBO off the ground and his technical input. I will do my best to talk him into it though i know he has a lot on his plate. When Neil couldn't commit to NEBO 3 i thought that was it! i didn't really ant to do anymore on my own but i am pleased that i did. I am going to try and see what NEBO 6 looks like with less Guinness on board. Be great to have you here again too alan, your'e the NEBO stalwart.
Nice one Steve look forward to it and thanks for organising it, hope we can get Neil Blackwood back for this one as well, I really miss his input ;)

Alan

RichB
08-05-2015, 09:34
Aye, would be good to have Neil back to NEBO...

That lenco of his was a stunner.

RichB
22-05-2015, 10:03
Since the post I put on the wam mentioning the next NEBO has been removed for reasons known only to their management I'm plugging NEBO 6 in my signature on this and other forums.

It would be great if everyone attending or past attendees also did likewise, let's support Steve with this event!

Floyddroid
22-05-2015, 15:17
Thanks Rich. that's very noble. I don't quite know why your post about Nebo has been taken down as i met up with James at scalford and we shook hands putting our differences aside. I do really appreciate your support.
Since the post I put on the wam mentioning the next NEBO has been removed for reasons known only to their management I'm plugging NEBO 6 in my signature on this and other forums.

It would be great if everyone attending or past attendees also did likewise, let's support Steve with this event!

Floyddroid
23-05-2015, 05:33
I am thinking about having a table set aside for a mini audio jumble for NEBOITES to exchange or sell equipment. What do we think chaps?

RichB
23-05-2015, 09:08
I am thinking about having a table set aside for a mini audio jumble for NEBOITES to exchange or sell equipment. What do we think chaps?

Can't see any harm in that , I've got a few things I'll put on it.

wiicrackpot
24-05-2015, 05:51

I think thats a great idea Steve, would help promote the spirit of NEBO.

P.S. not up on forum peeps, what user name does Neil Blackwood go under?.

Marco
24-05-2015, 06:52
Andy, you need to come to the next 'Glasgow mafia' gathering, as you were missed at the last one I attended, at Gary's, with Snapper. Be good to meet up :cool:

Marco.

wiicrackpot
24-05-2015, 07:01
Yes Marco, Brian mentioned when i bought a SPDIF cable off him and been prodded by Gaz about it, we'll see work permitting of course.

Marco
24-05-2015, 07:10
No worries, dude. There's plenty of time between now and the next one to agree a date when everyone can make it :cool:

Marco.

mik_rik
24-05-2015, 19:58

Hi Rich,are you going any further with this?, just to let you know ,if you do, I'm in

RichB
25-05-2015, 10:14
Hi Rich,are you going any further with this?, just to let you know ,if you do, I'm in

I was in there last night but it was quite busy so I didn't ask. I will be going along on Thurs so will see if they've got anything free for July. With the football season drawing to a close it will be easier as they normally have the games on on a Sat afternoon. I think its a canny little venue and would easily fit a couple of systems...

Beer is good (Jarrow Brewery, Rivet Catcher, Westoe IPA etc) and reasonably priced. Theres a pizza shop round the corner so we can easily order grub in.

Floyddroid
26-05-2015, 10:57
For those planning to stay over i would recommend two places to stay. The Altonlea guest house which i am assured is excellent www.altonlea.co.uk or The Marine Hotel www.marinehotel-hartlepool.com both are very clean and serve excellent food Tariffs are on the links. There are B&B's much cheaper, please PM me for details. Some of the B&B's in Seaton cater for contractors so please be cautious as they are very basic. I have researched the better options here. The Schooner is less than a quarter of a mile from both of these establishments and well within walking distance. However, a taxi will cost very little. I would recommend the following 23 23 23 by phoning (yes you guessed it) 01429 323232. Hope this is helpful.

Any nice seaside B&B's?

vinyljunky
01-06-2015, 20:10
mr nebo does it again nebo is like a drug you can't stop taking this time I may bring my edingdales also may bring the rp6 too any dress code was thinking about wearing my latex body suit

RichB
01-06-2015, 21:23
mr nebo does it again nebo is like a drug you can't stop taking this time I may bring my edingdales also may bring the rp6 too any dress code was thinking about wearing my latex body suit

Oh yes, you must bring your edingdales!

In terms of dress code I will be wearing a wetsuit and panama hat in tribute to John Darwin the infamous disappearing canoe fella. I hear Steve is coming as his charming wife Anne.

Floyddroid
01-06-2015, 21:23
Fantastic. Looking forward to hearing the Edingdales. Easy on the latex though. There may be a health and safety issue.

Floyddroid
01-06-2015, 21:26
Thanks for that Rich. It's only if i can find a nice dress.
Fantastic. Looking forward to hearing the Edingdales. Easy on the latex though. There may be a health and safety issue.

brian2957
01-06-2015, 21:30
Thanks for that Rich. It's only if i can find a nice dress.

One of thescottishmafia May be able to loan you something to suit Steve :)

mik_rik
02-06-2015, 15:17
Oh yes, you must bring your edingdales!

In terms of dress code I will be wearing a wetsuit and panama hat in tribute to John Darwin the infamous disappearing canoe fella. I hear Steve is coming as his charming wife Anne.
Hi Rich sounds like you'll be "pushing the boat out then".I thought of something on those lines but could'nt find any heat shrink tubing that went down to 36" waist, might settle for my Targan [a la Vox/Selmer] underpants ,worn on the outside in true john major style ,being the fashionista I am.p.s note to self -bring an active vol control to turn down Ken's shirt . Mick

clarkey555
02-06-2015, 16:03
Hi Steve count me in and t"other Steve VINYL JUNKY I will bring along a vintage turntable nowt to flash and some other little bits and bobs (ayre myrtle blocks anybody):lol: see all you lovely people's there.

RichB
03-08-2015, 09:45
Started work on modifying an old pair of Mission 760se. If they work out fine I'll be bringing them and a pair of stands I've bought for 20quid.

Anyone up for a cheap as chips challenge this time?

DarrenHW
03-08-2015, 10:31
Anyone up for a cheap as chips challenge this time?

Possibly, what budget do you have in mind?

RichB
03-08-2015, 11:33
I think the original cheap as chips challenge they did at Scalford a few years ago was 100quid.

Could make it flexible though and give another 50quid headroom. That would be for a full system and if it's stuff we already have we could look up a notional current value.

For 2015 we could it the 'austereo challenge'

DarrenHW
03-08-2015, 12:24
~£100, Source, Amp & Speakers, I'd be up for that.

Count me in +1 (my brother) if there's still space?

RichB
03-08-2015, 15:04
~£100, Source, Amp & Speakers, I'd be up for that.

Count me in +1 (my brother) if there's still space?

Cool, let's see if Floyddroid the organiser will let us have a half hour or so in the day and a corner to set up our cheap systems. Could provide a bit of light entertainment in between people setting up their systems....

Floyddroid
03-08-2015, 20:27
I'm sure we can sort something. after all, it should be fun shouldn't it? If NEBO 6 is anything like as poular as last time and well attended then i may have to consider a two day event in the fture. If not then hey ho, it's still a great day.
Cool, let's see if Floyddroid the organiser will let us have a half hour or so in the day and a corner to set up our cheap systems. Could provide a bit of light entertainment in between people setting up their systems....

RichB
03-08-2015, 22:50
I'm sure we can sort something. after all, it should be fun shouldn't it? If NEBO 6 is anything like as poular as last time and well attended then i may have to consider a two day event in the fture. If not then hey ho, it's still a great day.

Great, so we can have an 'austereo' mini bake.

Hundred quid is the budget, give or take a couple of quid.

Begging and borrowing is fine as long as the items could reasonably be bought or modified within that budget. I.e. Borrowing a mates krell amp or spending hundreds on modifying a cheap CDP is cheating :lol:

Let the fun begin.

Floyddroid
04-08-2015, 05:21
This will be done towards the end of the day Rich.

Begging and borrowing is fine as long as the items could reasonably be bought or modified within that budget. I.e. Borrowing a mates krell amp or spending hundreds on modifying a cheap CDP is cheating :lol:

Let the fun begin.

RichB
04-08-2015, 06:33
This will be done towards the end of the day Rich.

Aye, that's what I thought.

DarrenHW
04-08-2015, 09:35

Let the fun begin.

What are the rules regarding cost? Is self receipting allowed or do you want to go with market rate?

RichB
04-08-2015, 11:06
What are the rules regarding cost? Is self receipting allowed or do you want to go with market rate?

It's just a bit of fun so we can take a consensus view amongst the audience as to the cost if there's anything can't be proven explicitly. Like my mission speakers, cost me about 170 quid new all them years ago and a quick check of eBay shows someone still wanting a pair for 99quid. I have also seen them go for as low as 30quid and if I was selling my rather tatty pair wouldn't expect much more than that.

We could drive ourselves mad with it lol

DarrenHW
04-08-2015, 12:03
I agree with everything you've said, especially this:

It's just a bit of fun...

At this stage I'm considering bringing:
Sansui AU101 (Paid £5 for it and £7 to recap it)
Marantz CD63SE (Paid £5 modded free from spare parts)
Celestion 15XR (Paid £20 for it ~£10 to recap and rewire).
In total it cost me ~£50 but you could pick it all up on eBay for ~£100, acceptable?

rossman
07-08-2015, 16:00
I've just bought an amp for my daughter on ebay today that could form the basis of a £100 system, an Arcam Alpha 2. I've already got some modified Wharfedale speakers which iirc cost me about £25-30 for parts, and a couple of CD players which cost me £35 each, as well as a turntable from freecycle that my daughter uses. I should be able to put a system together out of that lot :)

Qwin
07-08-2015, 18:47
I'm busy working on my main system, but if time permits I might have an offering for the £100 system.

Cambridge A75 power amp cost me £60
Tannoy M20 speakers cost £27
Old Toshiba DVD (CD) player £10

I have a volume pot I paid a couple of quid for, if I can wire it onto the DVD players output It would make a system.
I have renewed the caps in the amp at additional cost but I'm presuming it will still make the weigh in?

mik_rik
07-08-2015, 20:15
All I'll say is you lads have got some stiff competition - watch this space:eyebrows:

struth
07-08-2015, 20:20
I'm rebuilding a set of speakers that cost all of £5.50..... may qualify if anyone wants to take 'em down :eyebrows:

Floyddroid
07-08-2015, 21:31
Gentlemen, please remember that this light hearted and much needed element of fun will only take place after the main business of NEBO has concluded for the day. Please PM me with planned input for this part of the day so i know what is going on. One thing i would observe is that it has been these late in the evening little novelties that has generated the most smiles and laughs in the past. :partytime:

RichB
07-08-2015, 23:12
Gentlemen, please remember that this light hearted and much needed element of fun will only take place after the main business of NEBO has concluded for the day. Please PM me with planned input for this part of the day so i know what is going on. One thing i would observe is that it has been these late in the evening little novelties that has generated the most smiles and laughs in the past. :partytime:

Be an interesting and fun way to round off the day. Just stick to a couple of songs each .

My austereo system will comprise:

Modified Mission 760se, estimated at 35 quid in premodified condition, 15quid spent on mods.
Pair of Alphason stands filled with with atabites, 20quid from Alan (Mad Moon).
a broken but mended Marantz CD player was given to me for nowt and I fixed it.
A slightly case damaged Denon amp, which I recently offered to sell to Pete (Clarky) for 25quid if I recall rightly.
Cables will be homebrewed.
Very much an early 90s system for me.

With the stands I might not make the weigh in but I'll be happy to let them serve as 'community' kit for the day and others can use them unless the judges want to handicap me accordingly. Similarly if my donated broken CD player don't make the cut I can bring an older version Sansa clip I got for 10quid from eBay.

Arkless Electronics
17-08-2015, 15:54
I'm planning to bring along my latest and greatest phono stage :eyebrows:
It should be interesting to "race" it against Firebottle's top of the range unit which I hear will be there...:)

Floyddroid
17-08-2015, 16:20
Looking forward to hearing that dude.

It should be interesting to "race" it against Firebottle's top of the range unit which I hear will be there...:)

Firebottle
17-08-2015, 16:30

Great Jez, a little spice to the proceedings :)

Is it solid state?

Arkless Electronics
17-08-2015, 17:05
Great Jez, a little spice to the proceedings :)

Is it solid state?

Yeah it should be fun :)
It's a hybrid. Passive RIAA, zero feedback, separate PSU with heavily regulated HT and LT and slow start for both, further local regulation, 5 solid state devices and two triodes per channel with the triodes doing nearly all the actual amplification. Lots more solid state in the power supply.
It will be just a prototype (probably) as I need to get some feedback from people as to what they think of it yet and decide what housing it's to go in before laying out a PCB. The prototype external PSU is all point to point wired on tag board, valve style, although it's all solid state. Things like whether or not to do the whole thing in point to point to point wiring or move to a PCB also need feedback from potential customers as obviously the non-PCB option will be lots more expensive!
It's sounding bloody marvellous if I say so myself! Just need to get confirmation from others that I'm not deaf so I'll be offering to take it round to a few enthusiasts in easy travelling distance of Newcastle (on Tyne) very shortly...

RichB
17-08-2015, 17:38
Steve, you must bring your NVA Phono2.

The ultimate battle, Firebottle, Arkless and NVA. One phono stage to rule them all:eyebrows::lol:

Arkless Electronics
17-08-2015, 17:41
Steve, you must bring your NVA Phono2.

The ultimate battle, Firebottle, Arkless and NVA. One phono stage to rule them all:eyebrows::lol:

That would be interesting! Steve reckons it's a bit special.... If it is in the same ballpark as reports on the Firebotte Kin and what I've heard from mine then it's very good VFM!

Firebottle
17-08-2015, 18:15
Yeah it should be fun :)
It's a hybrid. Passive RIAA, zero feedback, separate PSU with heavily regulated HT and LT and slow start for both, further local regulation, 5 solid state devices and two triodes per channel with the triodes doing nearly all the actual amplification. Lots more solid state in the power supply.

It's sounding bloody marvellous if I say so myself! Just need to get confirmation from others that I'm not deaf so I'll be offering to take it round to a few enthusiasts in easy travelling distance of Newcastle (on Tyne) very shortly...

Sounds really interesting Jez, we must compare notes one day :eek:

Will be a very interesting outcome I'm sure, maybe not that much to choose between the 3 contenders :respect:
It's great that the task can be approached in different fashions and have enthusiasts to give opinions :eyebrows:

:)

Arkless Electronics
17-08-2015, 19:52
Sounds really interesting Jez, we must compare notes one day :eek:

Will be a very interesting outcome I'm sure, maybe not that much to choose between the 3 contenders :respect:
It's great that the task can be approached in different fashions and have enthusiasts to give opinions :eyebrows:

:)

Yes indeedy!

Ali Tait
17-08-2015, 20:06
Look forward to this gents!

Qwin
18-08-2015, 10:00
Look forward to this gents!

I'll second that, looks like another great NEBO is shaping up.

Floyddroid
19-08-2015, 20:25
Right chaps. I think it's getting close to the time i need to start about thinking about a running oreder for NEBO 6. I need to know who wants an early or a later slot. or later. May i ask that we get started on time as we have a lot to pack into the day? Please let me know what you are bringing. Please remember that in order to fully enjoy NEBO 6 there is no need to bring anything else than your love for music and/or audio. NEBO meetings are about fun and enjoyment so please come along and join in. They will be plenty to hear and see.:)

:cool:

Qwin
21-08-2015, 13:31
No takers yet Steve?
I will kick off by asking for an early slot as I am fairly local, but not the first slot this time please as I have a lot to set up.

My set up will be a bit different to last time.
I will be bringing this turntable:

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Project_Images/Tech3/Tech3_036.jpg

Playing through this Pre/Phono:

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk//Project_Images/Micro25/micro_01.jpg

Supplying this Active Crossover/Power Amp:

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk///Project_Images/Yam/yam_25.jpg

Into these now active tri wired Yamaha’s:

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk///Project_Images/Yam/yam_05.jpg

I might stick a CD player and DAC in the boot as well just in case?

Come on folks who’s next?
Give Steve the info to help him organise things.

:thumbsup:

RichB
21-08-2015, 14:50
I'll bring a full system Steve and will arrive around 11am I expect, don't mind where I go in the lineup as I'll be there all day/night.

For me it will be

Source TBC, if it's vinyl then I'll bring my Croft phono stage.
Icon Audio passive preamp
NVA monoblocks
Rega RS5 speakers
NVA LS5 cable and SSC

Will also have my sub 100 quid system in the car for the Austereo challenge

mik_rik
21-08-2015, 15:09
Won't be "troubling the scorers"with proper stuff, will fetch a few things for the cheapskate challenge later in the day

vinyljunky
21-08-2015, 19:18
Bringing my edingdales chaps if anyone wants to fit them into there system Petes bringing his vintage Jvc direct drive turntable so if someone has an amp they would like to chuck in the mix we could have an interesting sound.Looking forward to hearing kens set up always wanted to listen to those yammies also dying to here richies nva monoblocks and icon audio passive pre15267would prefer a slot any time after 2pm

Ali Tait
21-08-2015, 19:29
Will bring my Monarchy Audio SM 70 Pro amp and the AVC I just built if that'll do for the Edingdales?

Jimbo
21-08-2015, 19:32
I will be bringing the Firebottle KIN preamp so if anyone wants to build a system using this please let me know.

I can feel another phono / preamp shootout coming?:lol:

Steve I would like to do this afternoon/early evening if possible?

I must just say my house has sold and there is a possibility I may have to move on that weekend which would obviously prevent me from coming.:(

walpurgis
21-08-2015, 19:45
Will bring my Monarchy Audio SM 70 Pro amp and the AVC I just built if that'll do for the Edingdales?

That little combo should give them a surprise Ali.

orbscure
21-08-2015, 19:49

Good to see the Monarchy still providing you with sterling service Ali... I'm almost tempted to schlep up north of the Thames, passport firmly in my mitt, just to hear that combination :)

Ali Tait
21-08-2015, 19:51
I agree. What I'm hearing here now is the best I've heard my system sound, and not by a little. Wanted to hear this amp on the Edingdales for a while as I reckon it'll be a great match. Unfortunately the breakdown prevented it at PEBO. :-(

Ali Tait
21-08-2015, 19:53
Good to see the Monarchy still providing you with sterling service Ali... I'm almost tempted to schlep up north of the Thames, passport firmly in my mitt, just to hear that combination :)

Yeah, have to say thanks for selling me the amp. Wanted to try one for quite a while. It's exceeded my expectations.

Floyddroid
21-08-2015, 19:57
Please do. I will stamp your passport for you.

Floyddroid
21-08-2015, 20:01
No problem Steven. Absolutely gagging to hear your Edingdales. Pete's JVC sounds interesting too. It sounds like NEBO 6 really is shaping up to be a gooden!!
Bringing my edingdales chaps if anyone wants to fit them into there system Petes bringing his vintage Jvc direct drive turntable so if someone has an amp they would like to chuck in the mix we could have an interesting sound.Looking forward to hearing kens set up always wanted to listen to those yammies also dying to here richies nva monoblocks and icon audio passive pre15267would prefer a slot any time after 2pm

Floyddroid
21-08-2015, 20:04
Just to remind those of you who may bother with social media that NEBO does have a Facebook page should you wish to join in? https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastBakeOff/

Macca
21-08-2015, 20:25
I'll be there and will bring my nva passive. Depending on Marco's plans I could also bring the Akai Sw175 speakers. They won 't blow anyone away but they are different and interesting and worth a quick listen.

I'm looking forward to those Yammies :)

Marco
21-08-2015, 20:34
We can bring what you want, muchacho. The Akais would be an interesting listen for folks :cool:

Marco.

vinyljunky
21-08-2015, 20:40
Ali reckon the monarchy up the eddies would be fantastic with the avc 1 the 25 watts of the monarchy would be more than ample as everyone on here States it's not the number of watts but the quality of those watts

Qwin
21-08-2015, 21:21
Steve - Couldn't find NEBO on a Facebook search?

Floyddroid
21-08-2015, 21:23
It's definately there Ken. I have just been on it. Click here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastBakeOff/

Steve - Couldn't find NEBO on a Facebook search?

Qwin
21-08-2015, 22:01
Doh - I searched "NEBO" "NEBO6" etc

Found it now.

RichB
21-08-2015, 22:03
I will be bringing the Firebottle KIN preamp so if anyone wants to build a system using this please let me know.

I can feel another phono / preamp shootout coming?:lol:

Steve I would like to do this afternoon/early evening if possible?

I must just say my house has sold and there is a possibility I may have to move on that weekend which would obviously prevent me from coming.:(

Good luck with the house move but hope it don't clash with the NEBO... Get yer priorities straight man! ;)

RichB
21-08-2015, 22:06
I'll be there and will bring my nva passive. Depending on Marco's plans I could also bring the Akai Sw175 speakers. They won 't blow anyone away but they are different and interesting and worth a quick listen.

I'm looking forward to those Yammies :)

I'll baggsy that passive for my system pls Martin!

Ali Tait
21-08-2015, 23:24
Ali reckon the monarchy up the eddies would be fantastic with the avc 1 the 25 watts of the monarchy would be more than ample as everyone on here States it's not the number of watts but the quality of those watts

Aye me too, look forward to it!

Jimbo
22-08-2015, 07:01
Good luck with the house move but hope it don't clash with the NEBO... Get yer priorities straight man! ;)

I know which one I would rather be doing!:)

Qwin
01-09-2015, 15:40
http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Pics/Stello_CDT100.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on one of these, Stello CDT 100 Transport’s.
It's pre owned, should be here in a few days, I will bring it to NEBO along with the other gear I listed.

Macca
01-09-2015, 15:52
Always like the look of them - Red LEDs - can't fault them. The DAC is cool too.

Qwin
01-09-2015, 15:59
Yes the partnering DAC has had good write ups, but I will be looking for a Jolida Glass FX Tube output DAC to mate with it (also well thought of).
It sports a pair of ECC83 output tubes, the same as my Croft Phono Stage, hoping that there will be some synergy with the rest of the system.

Floyddroid
01-09-2015, 16:01
Very nice
http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Pics/Stello_CDT100.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on one of these, Stello CDT 100 Transport’s.
It's pre owned, should be here in a few days, I will bring it to NEBO along with the other gear I listed.

walpurgis
01-09-2015, 16:12
Yes. I like the look of those. Have been tempted.

RichB
01-09-2015, 16:45
Nice. Partial to a red LED or two myself :)

Floyddroid
01-09-2015, 19:41
It pains me to have to say this but due to work commitments it is unlikely that 337alanT will be attending NEBO 6. I see this as being a man down as will the regular NEBO contributors no doubt. Alan is one of the innovators, Engineers and much loved music lovers of NEBO. Alan's wonderful R2R and home made Voyager amps will also be sorely missed. ALAN, make sure you're home for the next gig or we will charter a plane for you.

Which leaves me scratching my bonse:scratch: Do i bring my hitherto slightly inferior R2R in an attempt to fill the gap or is this as the joker once said "treading on another man's rhubarb"? I am always cautious about my contribution to NEBO meets for historical reasons. In addition to this i took my R2R the recent Pelaw meet and last year to Owston Hall.

I have a feeling this is going to be a great NEBO though i am treating the venue as temporary due to losing our home at The Windmill. I hope in the coming weeks to be formulating a flexible running order so please confirm what you are bringing and those who have not yet confirmed a preferred slot please get in touch. We have a couple of Bake Off's to perform too which i hope to perform later in the afternoon. Well, that's my little up date complete. Watch this space.:)

RichB
01-09-2015, 20:16
That's a pity.... always enjoy hearing Alan's reels a spinning.

Something tells me this is going to be a bit of vinyl fest this time though.

I'd suggest you come armed with a turntable Steve!

Floyddroid
01-09-2015, 20:22
Will do Mr B
That's a pity.... always enjoy hearing Alan's reels a spinning.

I'd suggest you come armed with a turntable Steve!

Marco
02-09-2015, 16:39
Yup, really sorry to hear that Alan can't make it. His demos are always superb, and he's always up for laugh. Never mind, we can always down a few frothies in his name! :cool: :cool:

Lol - so was the last one! Do I have to wow you all again with my Techy? ;)

I think it'll be a bit of a passive preamp fest, too. A few of the guys, including Macca, have talked about bringing some tasty passives along. I'll have the Goldpoint by then, so will defo bring that with me. Macca also mentioned about bringing along his Akai speakers.

Should be lots of fun, as usual! :)

Marco.

vinyljunky
02-09-2015, 19:08
It seems from the news of all the kit coming to nebo I'm going to have many a religious experience probably better than you know what concerning consensual adults.

Jimbo
29-09-2015, 19:30
Hi Steve, have you managed to get any order of equipment scheduled yet.

I am bringing Firebottle KIN preamp with me which also has his newly developed linear phono stage. I believe one or two folk might be interested in hearing this?:) It has MC and MM phono capabilities, aswell as a great linestage so will fit in with almost any vinyl or Digital system. Hopefully it can be demonstrated throughout the day with various systems so shout up if anyone would like to try it with their kit!:)

Worth hearing just for the phono stage never mind the preamp capabilities.

Qwin
29-09-2015, 21:53
Glad you are able to make it James with everything you have going on.

I have a serious intrest in the Firebottle KIN.

I will be there all day so drop it into my system anytime you like. I will have the Stello CD Transport with me and my Techie based Turntable with Linear tracking arm, this has a MM fitted at present (Goldring 1042).

I just purchased one of RFC's Reference Digital interconnects for the Transport and can confirm what other folks have said in that it is very well constructed and totally transparent, adding nothing at all to the recording, great value, as these things go.

I also now have a full set of interconnects made up of Klotz MC5000 and MS Audio plugs plumbing the active filter into the amp amongst other things.

Looking forward to giving the set up its first public airing, I have just drawn up the stands I need to make for the speakers, time is getting short, but I should have it finished in time.

Floyddroid
29-09-2015, 22:08
What time would you like to present your gear young man?
Hi Steve, have you managed to get any order of equipment scheduled yet.

I am bringing Firebottle KIN preamp with me which also has his newly developed linear phono stage. I believe one or two folk might be interested in hearing this?:) It has MC and MM phono capabilities, aswell as a great linestage so will fit in with almost any vinyl or Digital system. Hopefully it can be demonstrated throughout the day with various systems so shout up if anyone would like to try it with their kit!:)

Worth hearing just for the phono stage never mind the preamp capabilities.

Floyddroid
29-09-2015, 22:13
Don't forget chaps that i intend to have an audio jumble table so if you have things that you want to move on please bring them along.

Qwin
29-09-2015, 22:22
Steve - I had forgoten you were doing that, I have a Proton Power Amp and Sugden CD21 surplus to requirements so they will add some weight to the table.

struth
29-09-2015, 22:35
some of those proton amps were rather good.. were a good company by Tiwanese standards. wish I was going now lol

walpurgis
29-09-2015, 22:46
I have a suspicion the NAD stuff came from the same company as Proton did.

struth
29-09-2015, 22:48

Indeed, Proton made a lot of NAD gear:)

Floyddroid
30-09-2015, 05:26
Grant, come on over to the dark side. It's a fun day. Hopefully the Scottish mafia will be turning up so you may be able to hitch a ride with them. There's always something interesting to see and more importantly hear and the guys are just great.:trust:
Indeed, Proton made a lot of NAD gear:)

Jimbo
30-09-2015, 07:12
What time would you like to present your gear young man?

Anytime between 1pm- 9pm thanks Steve.

Jimbo
30-09-2015, 07:15
Glad you are able to make it James with everything you have going on.

I have a serious intrest in the Firebottle KIN.

I will be there all day so drop it into my system anytime you like. I will have the Stello CD Transport with me and my Techie based Turntable with Linear tracking arm, this has a MM fitted at present (Goldring 1042).

I just purchased one of RFC's Reference Digital interconnects for the Transport and can confirm what other folks have said in that it is very well constructed and totally transparent, adding nothing at all to the recording, great value, as these things go.

I also now have a full set of interconnects made up of Klotz MC5000 and MS Audio plugs plumbing the active filter into the amp amongst other things.

Looking forward to giving the set up its first public airing, I have just drawn up the stands I need to make for the speakers, time is getting short, but I should have it finished in time.

Hi Ken, look forward to hearing your system and particular I am keen to hear the Goldring cartridge. I think you will be impressed with the KIN.

Qwin
30-09-2015, 07:53

Yes Proton was a Brand name started and developed for domestic hifi products by a massive electronics corporation in Tiawan. Their chairman was considered the founder of the Tiawan electronics industry (Mr Hong) and even by the 1950's they had 25 manufacturing sites in that country, much later expanding to China. NAD were a small scale marketing and Design company in the begining and had some of their early products manufactured by Proton. Some NAD models were available badged as Proton, these never seemed to be sold in the same countries, so I suspect there was an agreement made where Proton carried some of the tooling costs and was allowed to sell the product under their own name to certain markets. Companies I worked for did this all the time, we kept it simple, they had the USA we had Europe as our territory.

The two companies fell out, it is rumered because Proton made their own versions using higher quality parts, transformers, caps etc, but as there were fewer folks in the supply chain, they could undercut NAD's pricing model for model.

The products designed in house by Proton and sold exclusively under their name are the ones to watch out for and were very good, both in design and quality of parts used and were a step up from the NAD gear. At the price point, the NAD products were still pretty good and set the standard for others to attain at the time.

struth
30-09-2015, 09:20
Grant, come on over to the dark side. It's a fun day. Hopefully the Scottish mafia will be turning up so you may be able to hitch a ride with them. There's always something interesting to see and more importantly hear and the guys are just great.:trust:

Would love to Steve but alas my health means i cannot travel that far ar moment..pity we dont have a video/audio link lol...

RichB
30-09-2015, 10:24
If I can get down to pick them up next week we will have a pair of JBL 4311 there :eyebrows:

Qwin
30-09-2015, 20:55
JBL 4311 - Nice.
I considered these when looking at the Yammies but couldn't find a pair this end of the country to compare.

NEBO 6 is looking like one not to miss.

vinyljunky
30-09-2015, 21:39
Hope you get the jbl in time rich I always wanted to hear a pair of these Steve I will deffo bring my eddies and possibly a Firebottle 2 phono stage

Floyddroid
01-10-2015, 07:31
Excellent. I look forwards to seeing you again and especially looking forwards to hearing the Eddies. I am hoping people arrive early. We have a lot to pack into the day. I am hoping to bring along my Techie which i have just fitted an antique Rega R200 arm to. See you down there?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/Tech2.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/Tech2.jpg.html)

Hope you get the jbl in time rich I always wanted to hear a pair of these Steve I will deffo bring my eddies and possibly a Firebottle 2 phono stage

Tarzan
01-10-2015, 07:34
Excellent. I look forwards to seeing you again and especially looking forwards to hearing the Eddies. I am hoping people arrive early. We have a lot to pack into the day. I am hoping to bring along my Techie which i have just fitted an antique Rega R200 arm to. See you down there?

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/Tech2.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/Tech2.jpg.html)

That looks mad!:cool::fingers:

Floyddroid
01-10-2015, 07:43
It is. It actually sounds better than my Orbe set up. I have fitted a LDA power supply to it too. Come along to NEBO 6 and have a listen.

RichB
01-10-2015, 12:51
It is. It actually sounds better than my Orbe set up. I have fitted a LDA power supply to it too. Come along to NEBO 6 and have a listen.

Pleased you've found some happiness with the techie Steve. If you're taking yours it will save me dragging a turntable along if I can use it for my system pls.

vinyljunky
01-10-2015, 20:09
Love the look of the techy Steve is that a carbon fibre wrap on the plinth :stalks:

Ali Tait
01-10-2015, 20:35
Aye, nice looking deck Steve, look forward to hearing it.

Floyddroid
01-10-2015, 20:57
Tiz a cheap n cheerful wrap.
Love the look of the techy Steve is that a carbon fibre wrap on the plinth :stalks:

brian2957
01-10-2015, 21:01
Doesn't look cheap an cheerful Steve . Looks very nice indeed .:)

Floyddroid
02-10-2015, 05:44
Thanks for that Brian. I'm picking up a Pioneer PL71 this afternoon though and i have a sneaky feeling it may usurp my Techie. I have been after one for quite some time but they are as rare as rocking horse sh1t on the second hand market and in good nick. I may have to call upon someone with better soldering skills than mine to sort the electronic side of things with it. I won't be doig a Blue Peter job on it though as it has a great seventies chic about it.A little coconut oil and elbow grease should do it.
Doesn't look cheap an cheerful Steve . Looks very nice indeed .:)

brian2957
05-10-2015, 18:09
Hoping to attend this NEBO on 14th November . Can anyone recommend suitable places to stay on the Saturday night ?

vinyljunky
05-10-2015, 19:51
Would be mega to see you Brian any chance in a leather kilt like a bit leather got it all over me sofa:D

brian2957
05-10-2015, 21:53
Never wore a kilt in me life mate , although I do own a few leather accoutrements which I'd get arrested for if I wore them in public :lol:

struth
05-10-2015, 21:57
Never wore a kilt in me life mate , although I do own a few leather accoutrements which I'd get arrested for if I wore them in public :lol:

...and that feathery tutu:eyebrows:

brian2957
05-10-2015, 22:10
Shush mate , the wife hasn't seen me in that :D

Floyddroid
06-10-2015, 09:07
Hi Brian

For those planning to stay over i would recommend two places to stay. The Altonlea guest house which i am assured is excellent www.altonlea.co.uk or The Marine Hotel www.marinehotel-hartlepool.com both are very clean and serve excellent food Tariffs are on the links. There are B&B's much cheaper, please PM me for details. Some of the B&B's in Seaton cater for contractors so please be cautious as they are very basic. I have researched the better options here. The Schooner is less than a quarter of a mile from both of these establishments and well within walking distance. However, a taxi will cost very little. I would recommend the following 23 23 23 by phoning (yes you guessed it) 01429 323232. Hope this is helpful.

Hoping to attend this NEBO on 14th November . Can anyone recommend suitable places to stay on the Saturday night ?

brian2957
06-10-2015, 12:22
Thanks Steve , this is much appreciated .:)

Gazjam
06-10-2015, 12:47
Scottish Mafia represent...

Is someone taking down a set of Eddingdales?
Have a 300 Set power amp that's a bit of a good match for them...

vinyljunky
07-10-2015, 19:49
Yes me :D your welcome to try them in a set up with your amp eddies are like Semtex they blow you away.:eek:

Gazjam
07-10-2015, 21:54
Yes me :D your welcome to try them in a set up with your amp eddies are like Semtex they blow you away.:eek:

I know Steven I have a set myself!
Big boxes of awesome.
Was asking to save me lugging them down from Sconnie Botland.

My new valve amp was designed specifically to go with the Eddies, be good to let the NEBO massive hear the combo.

vinyljunky
08-10-2015, 19:41
Looks like we may have a system made in heaven if we introduce one of those mega passive pre that people are bringing especially ally's.looks like it's going to be one mega pre fest.:stalks:ps Steve does the schooner do food

Ali Tait
08-10-2015, 19:58
Aye should be good. Nick's amp is something rather special.

Gazjam
08-10-2015, 20:17
Should hear it now Ali now that its had a chance to get some miles under its belt...

Ali Tait
08-10-2015, 20:31
Will on Sunday. :-)

Gazjam
08-10-2015, 20:35
you betcha. :)

RichB
08-10-2015, 21:13
Definitely shaping up to be an impressive line up for this one!

Floyddroid
09-10-2015, 09:53
It most certainly does. Nice too. In fact I will be going for the carvery this coming Sunday
Looks like we may have a system made in heaven if we introduce one of those mega passive pre that people are bringing especially ally's.looks like it's going to be one mega pre fest.:stalks:ps Steve does the schooner do food

Arkless Electronics
13-10-2015, 17:44
Is there anyone in the NE area who could give me a lift to NEBO 6? I'm endeavouring to have a prototype high end hybrid power amp as well as the phono stage and if I manage to get it ready it will be too big and heavy to take on my motorbike....

clarkey555
13-10-2015, 19:14
Hi Jez whereabouts in the north east do you live?

Ali Tait
13-10-2015, 19:26
Could pick you up on the way Jez, we're staying over though.

Arkless Electronics
13-10-2015, 19:36
I'm in Bedlington so about 14 miles north of you Peter.
Ali, the stopping over bit could be an issue for me. I do have a friend in Seaton Carew who happens to be a vintage hi fi enthusiast and may come along to NEBO but I don't know if he'd have a spare couch for me to surf!

Ali Tait
13-10-2015, 20:31
Well you're welcome to a lift if you need it, just let me know.

Marco
14-10-2015, 10:20
Look forward to meeting you at Nebo, Jez, and hearing whatever goodies you're bringing with you! :cool:

Marco.

Arkless Electronics
14-10-2015, 11:38
Thanks Marco and likewise here :)

Floyddroid
14-10-2015, 23:14
:)Hey guys, i know many of you aren't fans of social media but Nebo does have a Facebook page which if you have an account i urge you to follow. Here is the latest update. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastBakeOff/

Nebo 6 is looking like it is going to be the best one so far. A lot of great things happening throughout the day but we need to get a crack on guys. I know some of you are coming from a fair distance though i am mindful that on this occasion we have a lot to get through. Please be patient with me if i appear to be a little pushy but i want everyone to get a fair hearing. In proper bake off fashion we have a clash between NVA's Phono 2 phono stage and the cult favourite valve design Firebottle 2 which i have no doubt will be a heated debate. Nebo 6 appears to be heading towards being a vintage turntable fest with some great units from Technics and Sony making an appearance. On a personal note i can't wait to hear the Edingdale speakers and some treasures being brought to us by our Scottish colleagues. There will be a challenge later on in the evening set by Rich Britton to put together a system for a ton or less and the best one will be judged by my good self. The winner will receive a Nebo mug ( hey, it's not the world cup ) contact Rich if you want to know more about that.

The Schooner pub is shaping up to being a pretty good alternative to our previous venue who evicted us due to corporate enterprise. The food is very good and i sampled the Caffrey's last week and it was pretty darned good. Please use the facilities at the pub as much as possible as this will stand us in good stead should we wish to hold another meeting there in the future. Please park at the opposite end of the car park at the rear furthest away from it's entrance as this will make it easier for off loading. Judging by some of the posts on The Art Of Sound Forum i think Nebo 6 is going to be a treat. Get there as early as you can folks. Just look for the sign below on the door and come on in and enjoy yourself. SEE YOU DOWN THERE!

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/nebo6%20welcome.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/nebo6%20welcome.jpg.html)

Arkless Electronics
19-10-2015, 16:25
:)Hey guys, i know many of you aren't fans of social media but Nebo does have a Facebook page which if you have an account i urge you to follow. Here is the latest update. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthEastBakeOff/

Nebo 6 is looking like it is going to be the best one so far. A lot of great things happening throughout the day but we need to get a crack on guys. I know some of you are coming from a fair distance though i am mindful that on this occasion we have a lot to get through. Please be patient with me if i appear to be a little pushy but i want everyone to get a fair hearing. In proper bake off fashion we have a clash between NVA's Phono 2 phono stage and the cult favourite valve design Firebottle 2 which i have no doubt will be a heated debate. Nebo 6 appears to be heading towards being a vintage turntable fest with some great units from Technics and Sony making an appearance. On a personal note i can't wait to hear the Edingdale speakers and some treasures being brought to us by our Scottish colleagues. There will be a challenge later on in the evening set by Rich Britton to put together a system for a ton or less and the best one will be judged by my good self. The winner will receive a Nebo mug ( hey, it's not the world cup ) contact Rich if you want to know more about that.

The Schooner pub is shaping up to being a pretty good alternative to our previous venue who evicted us due to corporate enterprise. The food is very good and i sampled the Caffrey's last week and it was pretty darned good. Please use the facilities at the pub as much as possible as this will stand us in good stead should we wish to hold another meeting there in the future. Please park at the opposite end of the car park at the rear furthest away from it's entrance as this will make it easier for off loading. Judging by some of the posts on The Art Of Sound Forum i think Nebo 6 is going to be a treat. Get there as early as you can folks. Just look for the sign below on the door and come on in and enjoy yourself. SEE YOU DOWN THERE!

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/nebo6%20welcome.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/nebo6%20welcome.jpg.html)

You seem to be forgetting that I'm planning on challenging with my new MC only hybrid phono stage! Also IF I can get a lift to the event and back I hope to have a prototype high end hybrid power amp to take on all comers.... It's taking all my time and effort at the moment and I haven't a clue what it will sound like until it's finished but I have high hopes for it. It will be a very big and heavy beast so transport by motorbike is out of the question.
Any change of spec is still possible at this stage but to (hopefully) whet appetites expect Class A, 50WPC, fan cooling, 4 mains transformers, 8 regulated supplies (and now for the really interesting/different bits!) fully direct coupled from input to output, all gain by triode valves, expected frequency response about 0.1Hz - 200KHz+, THD <0.005% and damping factor 100+ ;)

Jimbo
19-10-2015, 18:19

Hey Steve, I am bringing Firebottle,s KIN Preamp along to NEBO6 so this needs to be in the shootout against his Firebottle 2 and the NVA:)

Already got myself booked into a hotel on the lovely Seaton carew seafront:lol:

Ali Tait
19-10-2015, 18:51
As have the Scottish Mafia. :-)

Jimbo
19-10-2015, 18:52
As have the Scottish Mafia. :-)

Oh no, wont be a quiet night in the hotel then:lol:

Ali Tait
19-10-2015, 18:54
Don't know what you mean.. :-)

Qwin
19-10-2015, 20:06
Jimbo - your PM box is full.

Jimbo
19-10-2015, 20:11
Jimbo - your PM box is full.

Should be free now Ken.

RichB
19-10-2015, 22:10
Haven't decided whether I'm staying yet, the best digs are booked out and I don't fancy the alternatives so I'll probably be having a dry day and driving from Gateshead.

Jez I'd probably be OK to take you down there but don't fancy coming home via Bedlington on the way back.

And the clutch has just gone on the Rich-mobile so more bloody expense. I'll be cadging a lift myself at this rate.

vinyljunky
20-10-2015, 20:05
Rich will the jbl 's be making a trip to nebo:eyebrows:

Gazjam
20-10-2015, 20:12
Rich will the jbl 's be making a trip to nebo:eyebrows:

Aye...
curious about them up against the Eddies. :)

RichB
20-10-2015, 20:35
Aye... They'll be making an appearance. Pete has had a bit of a challenge on his hands with the logistics of getting them to me but all being well they should be with me this weekend.

R

RichB
20-10-2015, 20:35
Aye...
curious about them up against the Eddies. :)

Reckon Ken's Yamahas will be worth the trip to nebo as well!

vinyljunky
20-10-2015, 20:51
Gonner be one hell of a speaker shootout may the best tweeter win reckon the winner should get a weekend with kera knightley unlimited booze with a hot tub thrown in:lol:

RichB
21-10-2015, 06:41
Gonner be one hell of a speaker shootout may the best tweeter win reckon the winner should get a weekend with kera knightley unlimited booze with a hot tub thrown in:lol:

Kiera Knightly?

I've seen more meat on a toothpick.

Can we change my prize to Rachel Riley from countdown pls. Beauty and brains.

Firebottle
21-10-2015, 08:32
Can we change my prize to Rachel Riley from countdown pls. Beauty and brains.

Oooh.................stop it, Countdown is just as enjoyable without the sound :eyebrows:

Macca
21-10-2015, 11:24
They could just put Riley on screen for 30 minutes, you don't need the game show at all.

She'll still be second place to Carol in my heart, though....

vinyljunky
21-10-2015, 18:48
Kate winslet is a buxom lass plenty of eye candy there:stalks:

RichB
21-10-2015, 19:10
Think my nebo secret weapon will be a strategically placed pic of the lovely Rachel to distract you all from any shortcomings in the sound quality :lol:

Marco
21-10-2015, 20:01
They could just put Riley on screen for 30 minutes, you don't need the game show at all.

She'll still be second place to Carol in my heart, though....

Where does Lindsay come into the equation, then? ;)

Marco.

r100
21-10-2015, 20:05
Think my nebo secret weapon will be a strategically placed pic of the lovely Rachel to distract you all from any shortcomings in the sound quality :lol:

those will be pardoned, I am sure !

Macca
22-10-2015, 07:44
Where does Lindsay come into the equation, then? ;)

Marco.

She knows she's number one....

Gazjam
22-10-2015, 09:17
Two from the top and one from the bottom please Rachel...

Floyddroid
22-10-2015, 09:26
I think a dose of Bromide for one and all may be the order of the day.

Floyddroid
25-10-2015, 11:50
Blimey, for the first time since i organised the very first Nebo meeting in the humble surroundings of my friends bistro i actually feel nervous. Nebo 6 really does look like it could be the best one so far. Lots of great things to listen to and people to meet. I am starting to sweat a little as to how i am going to get through everything. Perhaps i should buy a whistle (only joking chaps). I think as a group we will have to be slick and responsive to my instruction as i will be my usual bossy self trying to Marshall the event along. I hope to post the approximate itinerary in the next week or so. Even if you don't have anything you want to show please come along and listen to some great music through some fine audio equipment. Nebo really is the event for the enthusiast who's passion transcends the usual corporate based events so please come along and enjoy yourself.:)

rossman
25-10-2015, 13:25
I'm still hoping to come along, the only thing that might stop me is if, as an ex SSI employee, I get a job where I have to work that day.

It's just as well I abandoned my plans to bring a sub £100 system as there wouldn't be time by the looks of it.

Floyddroid
26-10-2015, 06:26
My heart goes out to you good sir. Let me know if you do attend and I will buy you a pint or a drink of your choosing.
I'm still hoping to come along, the only thing that might stop me is if, as an ex SSI employee, I get a job where I have to work that day.

It's just as well I abandoned my plans to bring a sub £100 system as there wouldn't be time by the looks of it.

rossman
26-10-2015, 07:27
Thank you Steve, I'm not much of a drinker and I'll be driving anyway so it'll probably be a cup of tea for me :lol:

I've got a job interview later this week so I'll see how that goes.

Floyddroid
26-10-2015, 18:18
Thank you Steve, I'm not much of a drinker and I'll be driving anyway so it'll probably be a cup of tea for me :lol:

I've got a job interview later this week so I'll see how that goes.

Good luck with your interview.

Gazjam
28-10-2015, 20:25
Any of the guys going run 300B valve amps?

I'd be interested if anyone could bring along some different 300Bs to do a bit of valve rolling. :)
I'm using Electro Harmonix Gold Grids

Ali Tait
28-10-2015, 22:51
I can bring some.

Floyddroid
29-10-2015, 20:01
No problem Steven. Absolutely gagging to hear your Edingdales. Pete's JVC sounds interesting too. It sounds like NEBO 6 really is shaping up to be a gooden!!

Steve, which jvc to is Pete bringing just out of interest.

Floyddroid
29-10-2015, 20:23
In a bid to get some kind of order can you please identify from the following time slots which you would prefer.....

11am-12pm
12pm-1300
1300-1400
1400-1500
1500-1600
1600-1700
1700-1800
1800-1900
1900-2000
2000-2100

This will give me a rough guide. Cheers gents. In addition can you all pm me just to confirm eh at you are bringing. I would like to perform the phono stage bake off at the four o'clock mark if that is convenient?

RichB
30-10-2015, 08:02
In a bid to get some kind of order can you please identify from the following time slots which you would prefer.....

11am-12pm
12pm-1300
1300-1400
1400-1500
1500-1600
1600-1700
1700-1800
1800-1900
1900-2000
2000-2100

This will give me a rough guide. Cheers gents. In addition can you all pm me just to confirm eh at you are bringing. I would like to perform the phono stage bake off at the four o'clock mark if that is convenient?

If the phono stage bake off commences at 16.00 then you'll need a good couple of hours for that.

I'll aim to be there from the start with a full system to get some music playing in case people travelling distances and bringing other kit have any disruption. After that I'm happy to be formally slotted anywhere else in the agenda.

My contributions will be:

Speakers - JBL 4311, NVA Cubettes, a pair of sturdy oak stands
Amps - NVA A40 monoblocks
Dac/pre - Benchmark DAC1
Source - File or CD
Cables - LS5, SSC

brian2957
30-10-2015, 08:18
Looking forward to hearing some of that gear Richard , particularly the NVA amps and Cubettes , the JBLs , and the Benchmark DAC. :) Well everything you're bringing really :D

RichB
30-10-2015, 08:22
Looking forward to hearing some of that gear Richard , particularly the NVA amps and Cubettes , the JBLs , and the Benchmark DAC. :) Well everything you're bringing really :D

Be great to meet you Brian!

brian2957
30-10-2015, 08:26
Yup , be good to meet all you guys too Richard . I had a chat on the phone with Steve ( vyniljunky ) yesterday and he's a canny lad indeed :D

Jimbo
30-10-2015, 08:42
Hi Steve,

I will be up around 12-1.00pm so any time after that suits as I will be staying over. I will have the Firebottle KIN preamp with me so can fit into any schedule.
Think it may be a good idea to run it in the phono stage bake off as it does have the latest Firebottle phono stage incorporated.

Obviously anyone else can try it in their systems throughout the day.:)

brian2957
30-10-2015, 08:46
Another nice piece of gear to get a listen to :)

Gazjam
30-10-2015, 09:24
Bringing the 300B SET amp which will be a great match for Steve's Edingdales.

Qwin
30-10-2015, 10:48
Steve - Whats the set up going to be, as the room is an unknown to most of us?

Is it two systems, one at each end, or is there space for multiple set ups around the room?

The reason I ask, is that it will take me half an hour at least to set up my full active system with CD source and additional air powered turntable/arm, and nearly as long to take it down.

I think I might pop down and take a look at the venue, being local to me. ;)

Toppsy
30-10-2015, 13:26
Just to confirm that myself and Chris (Stratmangler) will be coming along for the day, if there is room for us?
We aim to arrive 10.00am so have no preference for a 'slot'.

We'll be bringing:
Speakers: New 'Norge' series Stand-mount prototypes - a 2-way design using state-of-the-art ring dome tweeter and 6½ inch mid-woofer.
Power Amp: Conrad Johnson LP66S2
Preamp: Active TVC based DIY design.
Source: Either my AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 reference CD player or Chris's Squeezebox.

Look forward to putting some faces to the names.

Gazjam
30-10-2015, 14:49
Nice one Colin.
Owe you a fruit based soft drink for the great job on the woodwork you did with my 300B amp. :)

RichB
30-10-2015, 15:25

Is it two systems, one at each end, or is there space for multiple set ups around the room?

The reason I ask, is that it will take me half an hour at least to set up my full active system with CD source and additional air powered turntable/arm, and nearly as long to take it down.

If you do a reccie Ken let me know how it looks. If space is limited I'll be happy to share a corner with you so we can see the Yammies and JBLs standing together in 'control monitor corner' :lol:

Dare say my oak stands might well suit your Yamahas too.

orbscure
30-10-2015, 16:09
Bit of a long shot, but is anybody driving up from the London area? I can't share the driving, but I'm happy to pay my way fuel wise and chip in with digs for the stay over too... 😀

brian2957
30-10-2015, 16:24
Hope you get fixed out Pete , be good to meet you :)

orbscure
30-10-2015, 16:27
Likewise Brian... I've been mulling it over for a month or so now but the 5hr train journey doesn't fill me with enough enthusiasm to take the plunge by that route..

Qwin
30-10-2015, 17:39
Hi Rich - I'll nip over and take a few pics so folks can see what the space is like, its only twenty minutes away.

I checked them out on tinternet and they have a "Mermaid" function room, if that's our room it looks a decent size. Wooden floor as they have Disco's and wedding receptions in there.

Just completed the stands for the Yammies yesterday so will bring them as well, they bring the tweeters up to ear level.
Still waiting on a final part for the active crossover from Oz, posted today and will take ten days, which is cutting it fine. They sound pretty good without it so will be bringing them regardless.

Monitor Corner - I like it :D

brian2957
30-10-2015, 17:40
That's a long time to be traveling Pete , just for a one day event :)
TBH with you I don't think we'll be far off that journey time either :rolleyes:

RichB
30-10-2015, 18:02
That's a long time to be traveling Pete , just for a one day event :)
TBH with you I don't think we'll be far off that journey time either :rolleyes:

All depends on who's driving :lol:

brian2957
30-10-2015, 18:11
If it's me it'll be more than 5 hours :lol:
Life's too short to be making it go faster :ner:

Ali Tait
30-10-2015, 18:15
It is I. :-)

brian2957
30-10-2015, 18:19
Ali ( Fast and Furious ) Tait :lol:

Qwin
30-10-2015, 18:22
Glasgow to Hartlepool 3 1/2 hours plus stops if you stick to the speed limit.

Depends where you are starting from, I do Motherwell/Bellshill a few times a year in around that time.

Ali Tait
30-10-2015, 19:06
Ali ( Fast and Furious ) Tait :lol:

Don't mind a bit of drifting do ye? :D

brian2957
30-10-2015, 19:09
Probably waken me up :lol: I suspect we may have an early start :)

Halfway Tree
30-10-2015, 19:10

Steve, I'm happy to take any slot, but like Ken it will take me a little while to set up. I can come early and set up if that makes things easier.

I'll bring:

Linkwitz LX521.4 speakers
4x Benchmark DACs
2x Nak AVP1 Power amps
MiniDSPnano2x8
JRiver front end

I can also bring an ADC in case anyone wants to plug some analogue gear into the front end.

Gordon

vinyljunky
30-10-2015, 20:34
Steve Petes deck is a jvc qly3f stock arm ortofon 2m red cart me and Pete should be there for 1pm I will be bringing my eddies an icon audio pre and Firebottle2 phono stage any time after 2pm suits me fine Steve folks are quite welcome to try my eddies in there system chuffed Colin's coming he's one of the great hifi guru

Gazjam
30-10-2015, 21:14
Probably waken me up :lol: I suspect we may have an early start :)

Phew...
Save me wearing earplugs for your snoring.... :)

brian2957
30-10-2015, 21:16
Cheeky boy :donk:

Floyddroid
30-10-2015, 22:50
Privilege to have you at NEBO Colin.
Just to confirm that myself and Chris (Stratmangler) will be coming along for the day, if there is room for us?
We aim to arrive 10.00am so have no preference for a 'slot'.

We'll be bringing:
Speakers: New 'Norge' series Stand-mount prototypes - a 2-way design using state-of-the-art ring dome tweeter and 6½ inch mid-woofer.
Power Amp: Conrad Johnson LP66S2
Preamp: Active TVC based DIY design.
Source: Either my AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 reference CD player or Chris's Squeezebox.

Look forward to putting some faces to the names.

Floyddroid
30-10-2015, 22:51
Cool
Steve Petes deck is a jvc qly3f stock arm ortofon 2m red cart me and Pete should be there for 1pm I will be bringing my eddies an icon audio pre and Firebottle2 phono stage any time after 2pm suits me fine Steve folks are quite welcome to try my eddies in there system chuffed Colin's coming he's one of the great hifi guru

struth
30-10-2015, 22:57
Building up to the event of the year... good stuff, nd hope to see plenty pics. when is it again... next sat?

Floyddroid
30-10-2015, 23:06
14th of November Grant.
Building up to the event of the year... good stuff, nd hope to see plenty pics. when is it again... next sat?

Floyddroid
30-10-2015, 23:10
That's one hell of a turntable. Can't wait to hear that too. I am starting to get really excited about it now.

Floyddroid
30-10-2015, 23:21
I went last week and had a look at the floor plan and sockets etc. I will take a picture of me drawing and post it tomorrow.

Gazjam
31-10-2015, 02:44
I went last week and had a look at the floor plan and sockets etc. I will take a picture of me drawing and post it tomorrow.

Worth remembering Steve that on the Day, you'll have as much help as you need, were all in the same boat! :)

RichB
31-10-2015, 10:25
Worth remembering Steve that on the Day, you'll have as much help as you need, were all in the same boat! :)

Yep. Spot on.

Qwin
31-10-2015, 15:01
I went down to the Schooner this morning and did a bit of a reckie.

Our venue is the “Mermaid” function room and is approx. 12m x 14m with a 3m ceiling.

It is split roughly in two with a lower dance floor having a wood floor and the upper seating area being carpeted.

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Pics/Schooner_1.jpg

The Bar is in the corner of the lower area and I believe they will be opening this, if not we will have to use the main bar in the next room.

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Pics/Schooner_2.jpg

The upper level is thickly carpeted and there are power outlets in all the likely set up spots.

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Pics/Schooner_3.jpg

There are plenty of sturdy tables to use, 2” thick wood tops and cast iron legs, they weigh a ton but are very stable for setting up a turntable etc.

Getting there:
We probably all have Sat Nav, but the easiest way of finding the Schooner, is to drive out of Hartlepool and along the sea front towards Seaton Carew. Look for the Staincliffe Hotel on your right and turn right just after it into Queen Street. Keep straight on as far as you can go through the housing Estate and when you reach the T-Junction at the end, the Schooner is straight in front of you.

For those whose Sat Nav brings them in from the South. Drive from Seaton Carew along the sea front towards Hartlepool and turn left into Queen Street just in front of the Staincliffe Hotel. You will see a Beacon Basket on your right just before the turning. Then straight on as above.

Parking:
Go to the left of the building and into the “L” shaped car park. Go along the side of the building in the car park and park round the back. The entrance to the “Mermaid” room is on the left corner of the building for unloading gear.

I think Steve has found a good venue here, hope you don’t mind me giving folks a heads up here Steve, not trying to take over or anything like that mate. The tables are very heavy so I will get there early to help arrange the room. ;)

RichB
31-10-2015, 15:22
Excellent work Ken!

Halfway Tree
31-10-2015, 18:59
Looks like it's about 35 mins from my place so I can get there early to help setup tables, Steve.

Gordon

Floyddroid
01-11-2015, 09:47
Excellent work Ken and thanks Gordon. I did intend to take some pictures myself but due to one thing and another didn't get the opportunity so this has been very helpful. I have drawn a very rough floor plan which i will post this evening.

rossman
01-11-2015, 16:55
It looks like I'll be able to make it as the job I had an interview for isn't starting yet, although I have managed to secure some temp work (just down the road from Seaton Carew in Port Clarence) which means I'll be working until 1am on Friday night/Saturday morning. I hope to arrive by early afternoon if a get a decent nights sleep.

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Floyddroid
01-11-2015, 19:02
It looks like I'll be able to make it as the job I had an interview for isn't starting yet, although I have managed to secure some temp work (just down the road from Seaton Carew in Port Clarence) which means I'll be working until 1am on Friday night/Saturday morning. I hope to arrive by early afternoon if a get a decent nights sleep.

Brilliant. Looking forwards to meeting you too.

RichB
01-11-2015, 19:28

Be good to meet you too.

Floyddroid
01-11-2015, 21:03
Below is a rough floor plan of the Schooner to give a guide for system set up etc.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n621/Progmeister/Floorplan.jpg (http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Progmeister/media/Floorplan.jpg.html)

Qwin
02-11-2015, 11:15
I think Steve has that floor plan and sockets fairly accurate.
Proportions are a little out, the total height accross the two areas on the plan is 12m and the width is 14m so use your imagination and stretch it a bit horizontaly and its spot on.

brian2957
02-11-2015, 12:24
Might get us all in then Ken :D

Qwin
02-11-2015, 12:37
I'ye, we should fill it out nicely. :eyebrows:

brian2957
02-11-2015, 12:59
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/brian2957/613445810_2249c2d193_b_zpsdesmxxb8.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/brian2957/media/613445810_2249c2d193_b_zpsdesmxxb8.jpg.html)

:lol: No room for the gear :lol:

RichB
02-11-2015, 14:33
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/brian2957/613445810_2249c2d193_b_zpsdesmxxb8.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/brian2957/media/613445810_2249c2d193_b_zpsdesmxxb8.jpg.html)

:lol: No room for the gear :lol:

Just so long as nobody let's one of those emergency flares off we'll be OK in the moshpit :lol:

Floyddroid
02-11-2015, 20:37
It's not flares I'm worried about.

Barry
02-11-2015, 21:05

Where's Wally?

CageyH
03-11-2015, 06:02
I don't think he is invited?

Floyddroid
04-11-2015, 08:49
The forthcoming NEBO meeting on Saturday november 14th promises to be the best one yet. Kicking things off at 11 am and finishing at 11pm the day will be packed with some really exciting kit and more importantly some great music.On this occasion we will be baking off two current loveys of the phono stage world The Firebottle and the NVA Phono 2 as well as comparing both with the latest Firebottle KIN pre-amp with built if phono stage. Also making an appearance will be the Linkwitz LX521.4 loudspeakers which i can confirm are a bit special. Also making an appearance in thespeaker group will be the Edingdales being driven by the fabulous Lurcher 300b valve amps. NVA will be well represented with the brands A40 monoblock amplifiers driving their Cubette speakers. Also present will be some to die for rebuilt and/or modified vintage equipment incuding a rather special Technics SL1210 turntable as well as some rather tasty JBL and Yamaha NS100M speakers. This is just a hint of what will be happening throughout the day so why not come along and enjoy the day. If you are a Hi-Fi/Audio enthusiast and live in the North East or willing to travel, NEBO 6 is simply a must.

Floyddroid
05-11-2015, 06:48
Di i need to provide a turntable for the phono stage bake off or is someone taking one we can use?:scratch: