PDA

View Full Version : The best IC in the World! My Audio Design Diamond Signature

MAD
05-09-2009, 19:46
In June 2009, the Hi-Fi World magazine elected the Missing Link Cryo Reference as the ‘THE WORLD STANDARD CABLE’ In September issue, the editor David Price reviewed the MAD Diamond Signature and said ‘This is certainly a distinctive sounding interconnect, possessing one of the most open and accurate top ends I’ve heard at almost any price.’ Duran Duran’s ‘Lonely in Your Nightmare’ is a fussy pop production, full of early eighties studio trickery, yet the MAD cable cut through it like a hot knife cut through butter, making my current mid-price reference cable, the Missing Link Link Cryo Reference interconnect actually sound quite diffuse. Given the great quality of the latter, I wasn’t prepared for the extra treble clarity the Diamond Signature was bringing – I could even hear the tape hiss running all the way through the song. It’s an amazingly fast and transparent sounding cable, one which seems to have little or no overhang; instruments start and stop with tremendous alacrity. The midband is superb too, although here the MAD was less obviously superior and better described as ‘different’. Whilst it made the Missing Link cable still seem quite opaque by comparasion.

Mike
05-09-2009, 20:06
Wow!... quite a claim!

Can I try one please? :)

Marco
05-09-2009, 21:04
Why not do a swapsy for comparison with one of yours? ;)

Marco.

Mike
05-09-2009, 22:10
I was going to 'work on it!. ;)

DaveK
05-09-2009, 22:30
the editor David Price reviewed the MAD Diamond Signature and said ‘This is certainly a distinctive sounding interconnect, possessing one of the most open and accurate top ends I’ve heard at almost any price.’

As you know, I know nothing about such things but is that a particularly desirable attribute for any piece of kit to have? I (thought that I) was lead to believe that no cable should have a distinctive sound but be totally transparent.
Polite explanations as to where I am misunderstanding something would be appreciated.:)
Cheers,

Alex_UK
05-09-2009, 22:30
I'm a bit confused though, MAD - your E-shop also stocks other manufactureres cables, and if "The best IC in the World! {is the} My Audio Design Diamond Signature" then what do we make of the "My Queen" i/c at three times the price? ("My Queen is one of the best sounding cable in the world, and it is definitely the most price friendly one." (£1,948 for 1m, vs. £675 for the Diamond Signature?) Not wishing to be confrontational, but in my book nearly 2 grand for an interconnect is hardly "the most price friendly one", surely?

leo
06-09-2009, 00:28
Well adding the "Best" bit might attract more of a crowd?

Didn't work for me with the Benchmark dac thread though ;)
Anyway congrats on the cable review

StanleyB
06-09-2009, 08:39
Hi MAD, nice to see you on AoS:). I always thought it was just a brand name of some foreign manufacturer.

I picked up a set of your audio interconnects last year and have been using them exclusively for a while now, and I must say that they are indeed the best I have actually parted money for in the last few years. I got attracted to them by the high level of workmanship, and the looks. Kind of sexy in a way, if you can say that about interconnects. They go particularly well with my DAC.

Have you considered doing a discount for AoS members? Maybe I can put a link on my site to yours if you PM me the details. I frequently get asked which interconnects I use, and I am always happy to recommend a fellow AoS member whenever the opportunity arrises.

Stan

Mr. C
06-09-2009, 10:05
Mad,

Are they all built to the same standard as the cables that Jimmy Hughes reviewed?

MAD
06-09-2009, 10:49
I think you're refering to the SPL (Super Pure Litz) range reviewed on Hi-Fi+ vol 66. We actually increased the spec to a higher stanard , now we deoxit treat all RCA plugs as a new standard. AOS members have 45 days money back guarantee.

MAD
06-09-2009, 10:59
I think you should really have a trial on them, I agree with you the Queen is not cheap £1299 0.5m and £2k 1m. But they are only one tenth of the price of Nordost Odin. In fact Roy Gregory once said I priced everthing too cheap. Other than the Silver Series, we have the Super Pure Litz Series only start from £69.99, and they are hand crafted with the best British craftsmanship as the top of the range models. http://www.madengland.com/catalog.interconnect.php

MAD
06-09-2009, 11:11
Yes, you can try one and we give you 45 days money back guarantee. http://www.shop.madengland.com/shop/article_ICWIFE-05/My-Audio-Design---My-Diamond-Signature-Interonnect-0.5M.html?shop_param=cid%3D81%26aid%3DICWIFE-05%26
Let's see what Mr. Grove says:

Dear Sir,

Your Diamond Signature cable arrives this morning. Although it's only had 8
hours to 'burn in', it is already very apparent that this is an exceptional cable. I've auditioned several silver cables in the past- these include Kimber KCAG, Stereovox, Neotech and the Cryo Reference from Missing Link- all fabulous cables in their own right but I've never been impressed enough overall to keep them. Sure, they've all sounded detailed and transparent with impressive high frequency reproduction but they all appealed to the intellect rather than the emotion of the music- consequently I've always gone back to copper cables- preferring it's warmth but missing that lovely 'hear through' character of silver.

It strikes me vividly that the Diamond Signature does everything that a silver cable should do but without sacrificing that all important visceral quality of good copper cables. It is, without doubt, the best silver cable I have heard. Interestingly, I think it shares a very similiar presentation to the excellent Paris interconnect- they seem to share similar musical DNA despite the difference in the metallurgy. The Paris is oustanding but the Diamond Signature is exceptional.

I would have very happily kept the Paris but having heard it's silver brother, I've got to keep the Diamond Signature I will return the Paris by special delivery tomorrow.

N Groves

Manchester

http://www.madengland.com/reviews.php?cat=0&key=25&act=view

MAD
06-09-2009, 11:42
Hi Dave,

I cannot speak on behalf of David on your comment, I think that just a kind of expression of his experience, perhaps reading the whole review in context will answer your question. Let's go to get a copy of Hi-Fi World to find out more.

MAD
06-09-2009, 11:47
Hi Marco,

That's a good idea! What are you suggesting?

MAD
06-09-2009, 13:13
Thanks for your compliment and I am pleased that our daughters (MAD Cables) getting on well with your sons (Beresford DACs). Oh no! My cables have male plugs and your dac are ............. Ha ha.... It is a big honour of receiving praise from a big inventor like you! Thanks!

DaveK
06-09-2009, 13:21
I must say that they are indeed the best I have actually parted money for in the last few years.
Stan

Hi Stan,
I take it from this that you may have been given some better ones then? :lol:
Cheers,

DSJR
06-09-2009, 14:16
One tenth the price of Odin is still 100 times more than Mark Grant's offerings...

It's all a matter of perspective!

I thought litz style weaving gave high capacitance, not something desirable in any cable unless it's to assist in optimising loads for cartridges etc...

StanleyB
06-09-2009, 15:05
Hi Stan,
I take it from this that you may have been given some better ones then? :lol:
Cheers,
I know quality when I see it, and had no reason to refrain from paying:). I drove through two hours of traffic just to get to the MAD office and back in order to personally see them first.
I haven't got the top of the range version though. Even the level entry ones were outstanding enough for me. A worthwhile investment in terms of interconnects. I can't speak highly enough about them.

Stan

StanleyB
06-09-2009, 15:09
I thought litz style weaving gave high capacitance, not something desirable in any cable unless it's to assist in optimising loads for cartridges etc...
They also say that the bumblebee shouldn't have been able to fly, or the colibri to flap its wings at 200 times a second..

MAD
06-09-2009, 16:03
One tenth the price of Odin is still 100 times more than Mark Grant's offerings...

It's all a matter of perspective!

We are talking about completely different thing, One tenth of Odin's price is our top of the range Diamond Silver 99.9997% cable, and they are not Litz!
Moreover, our SPL range are not normal Litz wire, instead of Canare we use Cardas, The patented technologies being use are called 'Golden Section' & ‘Constant Q U.S Patent 4628151 & 4980517), this approach uses multi conductors arranged in a helical triad of quad-axial planetary arrays. This arrangement conforms to the golden ratio and creates constant Q conductors. It eliminates resonant multiples in conductors mathematically. The musical presentation produced by this arrangement is well balanced and rounded. Super high purity 99.99997% cooper wire is used, and each strand is extruded and polished from a special Diamond Die, and individually insulated with a specially-formulated enamel in nitrogen atmosphere, to eliminate corrosion oxidation and contamination during the manufacturing process.

After a lengthy extrusion process, the cables are arranged in Golden Section Stranding and sheathed with Teflon dielectric to ensure the highest quality sound reproduction. The RCA phono plugs on our cables are low-mass connectors designed to minimize mechanical vibration. Even our entry level cables are terminated with professional grade gold-plated connectors, and the Paris are terminated with high end non-magnetic, Eutectic Brass connectors with Rodium/Gold over Silver Plating to ensure the best possible conductivity. All connectors are hand soldered using Cardas Tri-Eutectic Silver Solder.

We never listened to Mark Grant cables but I suppose it is a good one for it's price, I think it is more fair for you to compare QED and IXOS entry level stuff with the Mark Grant.

Our cable, even the Baby £69.99 can easily out perform cables doubled of it's price; why? We tested a couple hundred types of different conductors before we make ours. You should try one and it is only 3 times the price of the entry level Mark Grant cable. With 45 days guarantee you have nothing to lose.

Marco
06-09-2009, 17:35
Hi Mr 'Mad'. What's your first name? It's something we prefer people to have here, particularly our trade members, as it engenders a more 'personal' connection during exchanges between potential customers :)

We never listened to Mark Grant cables but I suppose it is a good one for it's price, I think it is more fair for you to compare QED and IXOS entry level stuff with the Mark Grant.

Our cable, even the Baby £69.99 can easily out perform cables doubled of it's price; why? We tested a couple hundred types of different conductors before we make ours. You should try one and it is only 3 times the price of the entry level Mark Grant cable. With 45 days guarantee you have nothing to lose.

My experience with Mark Grant cables, and all manner of cables in general, both entry-level and 'hi-end', shows that they're not simply good ones for their price, but completely outperform every other cable I've listened to or used myself - and trust me, that's plenty! They retired my Transparent Reference interconnects at nearly £1000 a metre.

If you send me some of your cables (different varieties would be good) I will gladly compare them to the Mark Grant cables I use and produce a detailed review of the comparison on the forum. If any outperform the MG's I will gladly report this and you will receive some excellent free publicity and exposure on this busy and influential audio forum.

However, it will be on a loan and return basis for review purposes only, as you would do if submitting product to a magazine. I am not buying anything in advance. You can have a think and let me know if you would like to proceed :cool:

Marco.

Covenant
06-09-2009, 17:49
We are talking about completely different thing, One tenth of Odin's price is our top of the range Diamond Silver 99.9997% cable, and they are not Litz!
Moreover, our SPL range are not normal Litz wire, instead of Canare we use Cardas, The patented technologies being use are called 'Golden Section' & ‘Constant Q U.S Patent 4628151 & 4980517), this approach uses multi conductors arranged in a helical triad of quad-axial planetary arrays. This arrangement conforms to the golden ratio and creates constant Q conductors. It eliminates resonant multiples in conductors mathematically. The musical presentation produced by this arrangement is well balanced and rounded. Super high purity 99.99997% cooper wire is used, and each strand is extruded and polished from a special Diamond Die, and individually insulated with a specially-formulated enamel in nitrogen atmosphere, to eliminate corrosion oxidation and contamination during the manufacturing process.

After a lengthy extrusion process, the cables are arranged in Golden Section Stranding and sheathed with Teflon dielectric to ensure the highest quality sound reproduction. The RCA phono plugs on our cables are low-mass connectors designed to minimize mechanical vibration. Even our entry level cables are terminated with professional grade gold-plated connectors, and the Paris are terminated with high end non-magnetic, Eutectic Brass connectors with Rodium/Gold over Silver Plating to ensure the best possible conductivity. All connectors are hand soldered using Cardas Tri-Eutectic Silver Solder.

I dont mean to be rude but I cant help thinking about the Crunchy Frog sketch:
"We use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose." :lol:

NRG
06-09-2009, 20:02
I dont mean to be rude but I cant help thinking about the Crunchy Frog sketch:
"We use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose." :lol:

:D

StanleyB
06-09-2009, 20:08
Well I am impressed with their performance:).

Stan

Alex_UK
06-09-2009, 21:22
If you send me some of your cables (different varieties would be good) I will gladly compare them to the Mark Grant cables I use and produce a detailed review of the comparison on the forum. If any outperform the MG's I will gladly report this and you will receive some excellent free publicity and exposure on this busy and influential audio forum.

I would definitely like to see this happen - my system is never going to be good enough, nor my ears (or experience of different cables, for that matter ), but I would certainly trust an endorsement from Marco on his findings - as I would Stan Beresford's - Stan, which MAD cables are you using, and in what scenario?

I hope my first post didn't come across as too harsh - but you must understand that having opened a topic "The Best IC in the World!" is going to make people "frown" and ask questions!

John
07-09-2009, 05:48
Alex try not to worry to much about interconnect cables in the past I spent a fortune on them yes they can help the sound but as long you have well made cables with good quality materials the sound should be ok Remember a good sytem is all about synergy getting everything to work together

MAD
07-09-2009, 08:54
Hi Marco,

I looked at the Mark Grant website, they only do a £20 Canare and a £48 balanced cable. I think perhaps we can start with a pair of My Baby. Could you send me your address and telephone number through the private message.

Perhaps after your listening test we can circulate this cable around to different AOS members?

Marco
07-09-2009, 09:04
Hi,

Yes, they may only "do £20 Canare", but it's those cables which outperformed my £1000 Transparents!!

Don't be fooled by their lowly price - they are stunning cables ;)

No problem; I'll PM you my address, but I need your first name to use on the forum. I ain't going to call you 'Mr Mad' all the time :eyebrows:

So what's your first name?

Marco.

MAD
07-09-2009, 11:33
My name is JJ, look forwaring to seeing your mail soon.

Marco
07-09-2009, 11:47
Thanks, JJ - PM sent! :)

Marco.

Marco
07-09-2009, 12:25
This could be very interesting, people..... ;)

Marco.

leo
07-09-2009, 19:48
This could be very interesting, people..... ;)

Marco.

Yes indeed, look forward to your honest opinion:)

Marco
08-09-2009, 09:16
LOL... What other kind of opinion were you suggesting? ;)

If the MAD is better that is exactly what I will report, and if that's the case, I'd also buy one! :)

I'd probably want to hear some of the 'hi-end' stuff first, though...

Marco.

MAD
08-09-2009, 15:00
It will go out the door this evening, you should get it first thing in the morning if the Welsh postman are early birds. The London mail don't get deliver till three or four pm!!!!!

Marco
08-09-2009, 16:12
Hi JJ,

I look forward to it and will keep you posted :)

Marco.

MAD
08-09-2009, 19:44
I just posted a clearance list, there are some b-stock cables (only aesthetic imperection, not effected to audio performance). Very good value!

Marco
08-09-2009, 20:00
Where is it? :)

Marco.

anthonyTD
08-09-2009, 20:03
I just posted a clearance list, there are some b-stock cables (only aesthetic imperection, not effected to audio performance). Very good value!
hi jj,
just looked in on this thread briefly, given your high claims for your cables i too would be interested to see what AOS members think, i would also like to try a set in my own system at some point.
regards,anthony,TD...

Steve Toy
09-09-2009, 00:26
Yes, me too. I'm also using Mark Grant i/cs replacing Siltech offerings at 2 x £400 a pair

AOS was my vision based in part on subjective reviews of ancilliary stuff and the importance thereof.

Marco implements such vision exactly.

I'd like to audition these cables too. I'll need at least two pairs though, as will Marco as it happens. Like chez Marco as well as Anthony, my system tends to reveal cable differences...

PM me and I'll forward my address.

Regards,

Steve (registered owner of AOS)

Marco
09-09-2009, 07:45
AOS was my vision…

<Cough, splutter> !!

How many sherberts did you have last night, shweety?

Steve (registered owner of AOS)

Read as: 'You got your credit card out before I did, and lived near the guy who set it up'.

Sorry, couldn't resist!!! :lol: :eyebrows:

I think that I have a 'slight say' in things here me old son.

Marco.

Steve Toy
09-09-2009, 08:35
you have more than a slight say and that was acknowledged above! I did not mean to ruffle feathers here.

Marco
09-09-2009, 08:52
No "feathers ruffled" here, matey, just having a giggle... You did rather set yourself up! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Steve Toy
09-09-2009, 09:52
We shared the vision for a true subjectivist forum for the discerning, which is why I should also receive some samples of these ICs to try. Given the very bold claims made by their manufacturer it will not suffice for only one person and one system to put them to the test.

They will be evaluated honestly before being returned. I will even meet the return carriage costs.

Marco
09-09-2009, 10:04
Erm, as Michael Winner, says: "Calm down dear"! :lol:

Marco.

StanleyB
09-09-2009, 11:16
No need to start spitting flames guys:). I have been using the MAD audio cables for a while now, but I never mentioned it just in case anyone wondered who they are...

But for the digital cables, I still use my own. I have yet to find a better set of digital interconnects than mine:smoking:.

Stan

MAD
09-09-2009, 21:30
Hi,

How you getting on with the cable?:eyebrows:

leo
09-09-2009, 21:34
How about passing a pair around the regular members who's interested? each can post opinions

Mike
09-09-2009, 22:13
How about passing a pair around the regular members who's interested? each can post opinions

I think JJ has suggested that... but 'admin' are pulling rank on the proletariat! :lolsign:

Marco
09-09-2009, 23:45
JJ,

The cables haven't arrived yet. I should get them tomorrow, though. I'll let you know :)

Mikey & Leo,

Passing them round isn't a problem!

Marco.

Mike
09-09-2009, 23:50
JJ,

The cables haven't arrived yet. I should get them tomorrow, though. I'll let you know :)

Mikey & Leo,

Passing them round isn't a problem!

Marco.

That reminds me... didn't you want to try one of these 'ere digi things?

Marco
09-09-2009, 23:58
Ya, if you can spare one! No rush for me, though. Make sure the other guys get theirs sorted out first :)

Marco.

Marco
10-09-2009, 13:06
JJ,

I'm afraid it's still no-show. Did you send them by Registered First Class post or SD?

Marco.

Mike
10-09-2009, 15:16
JJ,

I'm afraid it's still no-show. Did you send them by Registered First Class post or SD?

Marco.

The postal system is all over the place ATM, mate. They'll turn up sooner or later.

Marco
11-09-2009, 09:58
They've arrived..... But they're too short!

My fault, JJ, I should've said that I needed 2m lengths :doh:

TBH, as Steve says, to do this properly we really need two sets of cables. One from source to preamp, and another from preamp to power amp, so that the signature of another interconnect isn't getting in the way or influencing the result.

So...... I can either return the 1m pair you sent or forward them to someone else here who'd like to try them and can use 1m lenghts.

Your call! :)

In the meantine, if you can get the sets of cables I need sent off that would be much appreciated :smoking:

Marco.

anthonyTD
11-09-2009, 12:16
hi marco,
if mr MAD allows you to send them to someone else can i request first try, i can put them in between my amps and pre-amps,and then between my CD player and pre-amp that seems to make the biggest diffrence in my system.
anthony,TD...

Marco
11-09-2009, 12:41
No worries, mate. We'll see what JJ says :)

Marco.

Steve Toy
11-09-2009, 16:03
Just to reiterate I need two pairs in 1m lengths. One pair only screws up coherence.

MAD
12-09-2009, 09:23
Hi Folks,

I am happy to let different members of the AOS to try the My Baby IC. Let's pm me if you are interested so that I can work out a circulation system. Any good suggestions?:eyebrows::gig:

MAD
12-09-2009, 09:27
Will two pairs of 0.5m any good?:gig:

MAD
12-09-2009, 09:30
Hi,

We have to prepare for the national show 09, so we need to ensure that we have sufficent stock for the show. Will two pairs of 0.5m any good for you?

Steve Toy
12-09-2009, 09:36
For me, no. The pre and power amp are on two separate stands side by side. I am not prepared to move the power amp and create too many variables and also allow heat generated by it to affect other components. The preamp also responds to the shelf it sits on with the larger hole to a great enough magnitude to undermine any gains added by even the best interconnects.

Marco
12-09-2009, 09:49
Hi JJ,

LOL... If 1m lengths are too short, how are 0.5m lenghts going to be any better? :lol:

I'm going to try the 1m length you sent on my tuner, and if I like it in that application I'll buy it from you for that purpose (my tuner is nearer my preamp than my DAC is). How much is the 1m 'My Baby'?

But I still need 2x 2m lengths to use in my main system. We can sort that out after the show, or if I go to the show, perhaps I could pick some up on the last day? :)

Marco.

Mike
12-09-2009, 09:53
Will two pairs of 0.5m any good?:gig:

Yep... I could try those. :)

Steve Toy
12-09-2009, 10:38
Marco, look above. JJ was responding to my request for 2 x 1m pairs.

Marco
12-09-2009, 10:42
Hi, We have to prepare for the national show 09, so we need to ensure that we have sufficent stock for the show. Will two pairs of 0.5m any good for you?

Steve, scroll back matey... The above was addressed to me in a "Message to Marco" ;)

Marco.

anthonyTD
13-09-2009, 10:16
hi jj,
a one mtr pair and a .5mtr pair would be ideal for my system.:)
regards,anthony,TD...

MAD
13-09-2009, 16:54
Hi Marco,

How's your test with your tuner, are they sounding better or worse than your Mark Grant? Hope they sound good on your system. The 2x 2m pair I need to custom order a pair for you from the workshop, if you don't mind we probably can do it after the show. Why you needed such a long length?

Marco
13-09-2009, 17:09
Hi JJ,

It sounds fine, but I've not had a chance yet to compare with the Mark Grants. Given that radio isn't a particularly 'high-end' source, I'll need the longer lengths to use with my CDP and turntable in order to judge them properly. We can do this after the show no problem :)

I need longer lengths because my DAC and power amp are quite far away from my preamp. He's a picture of my system to give you an idea of what I mean:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6240/marcossystem.png (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/marcossystem.png/)

If you look on the second rack, you'll see my Sony DAC sitting on the top (it's too wide to fit anywhere else), and my Croft preamp sitting some three shelves below... You can also see where my valve power amp is in relation to my preamp.

A 1m pair just ain't gonna reach! :eyebrows:

You obviously don't sell much to the American market, as they often go for 8-10m interconnects!! They like to put their power amp in between their speakers and go for short speaker cables instead.

Marco.

DSJR
13-09-2009, 17:22
Marco, It looks as if your power amp is very close to the turntable. Is there no hum issue at all, 'cos those transformers don't look to be shielded?

'Scuse me asking......

Marco
13-09-2009, 17:34
Nope, none whatsoever matey! :)

Marco.

snapper
13-09-2009, 18:42
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6240/marcossystem.png (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/marcossystem.png/)

:eek:

That looks like my bedroom at my 'holiday home'.

Marco
13-09-2009, 19:01
Aye, that it is! Yep, you've dropped a few wee botty burps in there... :lol: :eyebrows:

Marco.

snapper
13-09-2009, 19:18
Aye, that it is! Yep, you've dropped a few wee botty burps in there... :lol: :eyebrows:

Marco.

Thank God I didn't 'shart'.

http://peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=7

:lolsign:

Marco
13-09-2009, 19:31
Hahaha... Did you see that? It's a belter! :lolsign:

Ur ye gawn oot soon fur yer usual wee Sunday night swally?

Marco.

snapper
13-09-2009, 19:43
Ur ye gawn oot soon fur yer usual wee Sunday night swally?

Marco.

Aye,just gawn thi noo'.

See ye's efter a coupla thees.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Mibbe.

Marco
13-09-2009, 19:45
Nae botha - enjoy :smoking:

Tell them o' the huns wur jammy gets! ;)

Marco.

MAD
19-09-2009, 20:57
Hi,

How's it going with My Baby IC, if it is too short could you send it back to me? We are short of this type of ic for the show. Will you going to the show? Our cables will be demonstrate at the Music First Room.

markf
20-09-2009, 04:46
How many of each cable do you normally take to a show?

Spectral Morn
20-09-2009, 08:34

I am surprised no one has commented on the disembodied face lurking among the racks on the right side. Very spooky eh Marco.

Regards D S D L

Marco
20-09-2009, 19:30
LOL. Can you guess which album it is?

Hi JJ,

How's it going with My Baby IC, if it is too short could you send it back to me?

We are short of this type of ic for the show. Will you going to the show? Our cables will be demonstrate at the Music First Room.

How about if I bring the cable with me (I'll be there first thing on the Saturday morning), because with the threatened postal strike anything could happen.

I look forward to your cable demonstration. Perhaps I could bring my Mark Grant cables with me for comparison? :)

Marco.

MAD
21-09-2009, 00:31
That demo room is not ours, that is the Music First room and they are going to use their Silver Passive Pre with our Diamond Signature and My Paris. I don't think they will be happy to changing stuffs around, their main focus would be on their own stuffs, not ours. This time we are having a stall there. However it would be an interesting thing to do at the Hi-Fi World or Hi-Fi+ rooms, if the editors feel interested. Or if Mark Grant is exhibiting there, you can bring the cable there for an A & B. By the way, at the Hi-fi World room you will find our Balanced Power Isolation Platforms & Power Cables, I strongly recommend you go for a listen and request an A & B test and let us know what do you think. They are very very good stuff, if you ask John (AOS member), he will tells you how good it is. If you are interested I can send you some literature via e-mail. Power conds often make somethings better but other things worst, but this is a super balanced transformer (it's weight doubled the Russ Andrews One, that means we use much heavier guage copper wire and a better core in it). And people told us it sounds better than the Russ Andrews Balanced Transformer 3kva one and all the PS Power Products. And we are far cheaper and look better. John said the different is bloody huge with it.

I am thinking that we have the My Ox cable, which are 75ohm, it sounds great on both digital SPDIF or analogue IC. Nick Whethstone of TNT thinks it is the best of all of the SPL series (of course we disagree with him, however will respect his comment, it is very subjective and vary from system to system and room to room sometimes). I think this would be a more interesting comparasion rather then the My Baby.

Anyway, we might bring a pair of good headphone with me and demonstrate it with Benchmark DAC1, perhaps this may be a good idea to demonstrate cables (not ideal, but obviously good for such a noise place) any good suggestions? By the way, can I borrow you MG cables? I wonder how can they survive with £20, I think the plugs cost them quite a bit, however it save them a lot of time for solder the plugs. Ah... They probably terminate it with special machine, rather than hand termination. By the way, we spend minium 30 mins on making each pair of IC, for something like Paris and silver cable even takes up to six hours. :gig:

markf
23-09-2009, 00:26
I don't know if this would be of any interest to the other members of the forum but here's something I
would be interested in.
Rather than lending Steve a set of My Baby cables why not let him borrow and evaluate a set of My Queens
2 x 2m interconnects and whatever length speaker cables required.
I read in the magazines of reviewers taking a moderately priced system then connecting it all up with cables
costing more than the system just because they can ,so I would like to see what Steve thinks of his system
with money no object cables, I think he knows his system well enough by now (single source, that simplifies matters)
and I think Steve will give us an honest appraisal.

MAD
28-09-2009, 18:09
That's a good idea! Will get the ball rolling this week. Hopefully we can all see the review this weekend or sometime next week.

DSJR
28-09-2009, 18:15
I don't think I could EVER own and run some wires called "My Queen's," even if they really were good..... I think I'll stick to Belden and smile smugly ;)

StanleyB
28-09-2009, 22:16
I don't think I could EVER own and run some wires called "My Queen's," even if they really were good..... I think I'll stick to Belden and smile smugly
You would turn down the chance to improve your system all because you don't like the name of the cable?

Marco
28-09-2009, 22:44
As (I believe) they say: many a good tune was played on an old queen! :lol: ;)

Marco.

StanleyB
29-09-2009, 07:40
JJ suggested a food and drinks meet in China Town one evening. Sounds good to me:cool:.

Marco
29-09-2009, 07:53
Defo up for that... Trouble is, you'll be seeking some loose women and ganja after that :eyebrows:

:peace:

Marco.

StanleyB
29-09-2009, 07:58
That's one way to burn off the excess fat:lol:.

MAD
30-09-2009, 12:12
:lolsign: Sorry, busy like hell recently! Will post details for the 15 courses MAD dinner tonight:gig:. Warning! Don't come if you are allergic to DAC & Cables, or if you doesn't like cattles roaming / fishes, prawns & salmon swimming in your stomach. Moreover, your body must be a good isolation transformer to produce good output as well!!!! Keep watching.

StanleyB
30-09-2009, 12:57
If it's anything like the lobster and sea bass meet you organized before, I think the other forums are going to be very envious of AoS:smoking:. And I am now also a Prosecco aficionado after tasting it at that meet:cool:.

MAD
01-10-2009, 12:27
Hi everyone,

As I said yesterday there will be a MAD Feast with DAC, Cables & Speakers. Of course I don't suggest you eat them, electronics are full of toxic chemicals, although our stuffs use lead free silver solder, I still advise you to eat the 15 course instead. Okay! Let's stop talking rubbish!

My friends restaurant called Sole Luna, next to South Kensington Tube station, after 1830 you can find free parking. Sole Luna is an Italian Restaurant you never know who you are going to meet there, once my friend introduced me to Woody Allen & various celebrities. The good thing for his place is use 'discreet components', that means it is a very discreet place (Private Dinning) and 'components' means many dishes, as I said it's going to be 15 courses, not 3, not 5, it is 15!!!! My freind will cook in a very special fusion style, he will charge us only £25 included unlimited supply of drinks, (make sure you don't eat hi fi after binge drinking, our you can ask me to sell you cables for £1 when I am piss). What you can expect is I cannot tell you what he's going to cook, but it is like Naim, Linn, MAD & Beresford, whatever they make is expected to be a brilliant one. You can never have the same dish again at his place, everytime you visit there is a new suprise.

What I am proposing is we go there on Saturday 17th or 31st October 2009. We can start early, I will set up a nice hi fi system (it is always very neutral sounding ones) there, and you guys can bring your own stuffs to compare and contrast with each others. I will bring some one my cables there as well. I think it would be a great saturday day and night out. If you are interested to come along, please kindly send me a PM, so that I can organise the event.

P.S If you are veggie, please let me know in advance.

MAD
01-10-2009, 12:39
Hey!

I forgot to tell you guys the cooking style, it will be fusion with

Japanese, French, Italian, Cantonese (authentic Hong Kong style, (not take away style, it is something like the Dorchester / Mr Chow standard ), and Shanghai style. Like my Balanced Power Isolation Platform, I cannot describe how good it is, this is something you need to experience with your mouth! (I don't blame you after a few bottles of wine you may experience it with your ears). :cool::lol:

MAD
01-10-2009, 12:54
If it's anything like the lobster and sea bass meet you organized before, I think the other forums are going to be very envious of AoS:smoking:. And I am now also a Prosecco aficionado after tasting it at that meet:cool:.

Don't worry, Sea bass and Lobster will become unattractive when you dine at my friend's place. If you go to China town you need to pay £100+ per head for such kind of standard, and this kind of cusine is not available at anywhere. They make Seabass flying!

anthonyTD
01-10-2009, 13:14
hi,jj,
i would love to come, even if its just to meet you in person you seem like quite a character [in a good way] unfortunetly its way too far for me, but i would encourage all who are able to make it to do so, then come back and tell us all about it.:)
regards,anthony,TD...

Marco
01-10-2009, 13:18
Hi JJ, sounds very interesting and is the sort of thing that is just up my street! :)

I'll check what the 'boss' and I are up to and PM you if we can make it.

It would be nice to meet Stanley, too! :cool:

Marco.

P.S you could do those 2m cables for me, too, for then...

Spectral Morn
01-10-2009, 14:05
What a wonderfully civilized idea. Sadly being hundreds of miles away I can't go, but would love to have been able too.

JJ you paint a fantastic evening of food, talk and music, it does not get much better IMHO. I wish you the best for your evening.

Regards D S D L

StanleyB
01-10-2009, 15:22
You can count me in JJ:). Are we allowed to bring someone along as well who is not on AoS?

The Grand Wazoo
01-10-2009, 15:41
Hi JJ, sounds very interesting and is the sort of thing that is just up my street..............you could do those 2m cables for me, too, for then...

You'll be eating interconnect spagetti, Marco, just like Mamma makes it!

What an offer! It sounds like a great idea & I'd love to come, but there's a certain amount of geography in the way.

JJ, I'd like to thank you for the thought.

MAD
02-10-2009, 11:05
Hi JJ, sounds very interesting and is the sort of thing that is just up my street! :)

I'll check what the 'boss' and I are up to and PM you if we can make it.

It would be nice to meet Stanley, too! :cool:

Marco.

P.S you could do those 2m cables for me, too, for then...

My Boss will come, if yours coming! If more wives coming they can form another forum called 'Audiophile's Wives' or 'My Husband love hi-fi more than me' etc... We want to make sure they don't get bore and continue support our OCD in hi-fi....

Marco
02-10-2009, 11:09
Haha, sounds like a great idea! Yes, Del would love to come down (and share Chinese food recipies ;)) if she's able to come. Your good lady and her got on very well.

I'll get back to you as soon as poss, JJ :)

Marco.

StanleyB
02-10-2009, 12:41
Is AoS the first forum to organize a 'HIFI Eating'? Makes a change from greasy hamburgers and a pint in the local pub:).

Marco
02-10-2009, 12:50
Of course, we are a paragon of taste and sophistication in all things and thus a cut above the rest! ;)

If we're coming we'll need to sort out some overnight accommodation... So do you know of any affordable decent hotels in the area? :)

Marco.

StanleyB
02-10-2009, 13:06
If we're coming we'll need to sort out some overnight accommodation... So do you know of any affordable decent hotels in the area? :)
Very good point. Some hotels do group booking discounts. I am sure JJ has a few connections...

Marco
02-10-2009, 13:28
I await his advice :)

Marco.

MAD
06-10-2009, 10:35
hi,jj,
i would love to come, even if its just to meet you in person you seem like quite a character [in a good way] unfortunetly its way too far for me, but i would encourage all who are able to make it to do so, then come back and tell us all about it.:)
regards,anthony,TD...

From time to time I travel to Swansea, my brother in law living there. We can do boat fishing, you may able to catch some pre WWII :doh:old new stock valves from the sea.

anthonyTD
06-10-2009, 11:14
From time to time I travel to Swansea, my brother in law living there. We can do boat fishing, you may able to catch some pre WWII :doh:old new stock valves from the sea.
:smoking:

MAD
06-10-2009, 14:04
:ner:
:smoking:

anthonyTD
06-10-2009, 16:12
:ner:
hi jj,
seriously though,
it would be great to meet up,,, one day when your down in south wales maybe!
regards,anthony,TD...

MAD
06-10-2009, 18:03
Hey Marco,

Eventually! The cables are finished and I will test them for couple of days b4 I send them off to you. Ha ha..... B4 your review them, could you kindly make sure your ears are free of WAX! :lolsign: By the way I tried something in Hong Kong called ear candle, it is in cone shape and you put one side in you ear and burn the otherside, it sucks all the wax, insects and something you are not supposed to hear out from your ear, sounds horrible but it was one of the best downgrade I had (only £5).:lol::lol:

MAD
06-10-2009, 18:05
I await his advice :)

Marco.

Please see the Feast thread on the Canvas section, I posted something there about accomodation.

MAD
10-10-2009, 20:40
:lol:Hi guys, it was a long waiting but it is on it's way to Marco for review:gig:

Marco
10-10-2009, 20:49
Nice one, JJ. I look forward to receiving them :)

Marco.

anthonyTD
10-10-2009, 20:49
yea!!!:gig:
A

MAD
11-10-2009, 09:35
:lol:

Marco
12-10-2009, 09:49
Hi Tim,

Got the stuff - cheers! You have an email :)

Marco.

MAD
18-10-2009, 14:49
Hi Marco,

How you getting on with the cables, are they sexy?:lol:

Marco
18-10-2009, 16:14
Interesting! I've got a friend coming round for dinner and a music sesh this evening, so don't have time to comment here.

Phone me for a chat tomorrow, dude :)

Marco.

Alex_UK
19-10-2009, 22:02
Don't keep us in suspenders any longer Marco, how are the MAD cables doing?

Marco
20-10-2009, 06:39
I thought you rather liked being shtrapped into your Pretty Polly hold-ups, Alex? :eyebrows:

Anyway.... I haven't reached a conclusion yet, as the cables I got from JJ were too long (my fault), so this may or may not be causing an effect I'm hearing at the moment.

I'll be back though to report my thoughts when JJ sends me the revised lengths :)

Marco.

MAD
20-10-2009, 09:45
I thought you rather liked being shtrapped into your Pretty Polly hold-ups, Alex? :eyebrows:

Anyway.... I haven't reached a conclusion yet, as the cables I got from JJ were too long (my fault), so this may or may not be causing an effect I'm hearing at the moment.

I'll be back though to report my thoughts when JJ sends me the revised lengths :)

Marco.

:lol: Perhaps it would be interesting for you let us know your finding with the pairs of 2m long MAD cables this week. On the 31st, you can bring them along will you to the dinner and I will replace some shorter ones for you for further tests.

On the 31st Oct event, we can do a group blind test with different cables in different lengths. It would be good if someone can suggest a test structure.
Perhaps we should consult hi-fi reviewer for method.

:lol:

DSJR
20-10-2009, 11:33
How much is "too long?" A couple of metres here or there shouldn't have an effect, should it?

Even my home made cheap cables don't make any audible difference from 1 to 8m in length, but then again, you could argue that my stereo isn't good enough to hear these differences......:confused:

Alex_UK
20-10-2009, 11:54

Well yes, but not on a Tuesday!

Anyway.... I haven't reached a conclusion yet, as the cables I got from JJ were too long (my fault), so this may or may not be causing an effect I'm hearing at the moment

Like DSJR and indeed JJ has intimated, I doubt a cable difference of only a metre or so (we can't be talking much more, the 1/2 metre ones were initially too short I recall?) would make that much difference, if at all (to my ears, anyway!) But then you know your system better than we do, so your call I guess.

The Grand Wazoo
20-10-2009, 12:21
Alex,

Surely you know by now - too long & they'll be touching the wall!!

StanleyB
20-10-2009, 15:09
Some of my days at college and uni were spent listening to female companions saying almost the same thing to me:scratch:.

MAD
20-10-2009, 16:06
Some of my days at college and uni were spent listening to female companions saying almost the same thing to me:scratch:.

:lol:How long are you Stanley? It make me associate with one of the dishes last night. The vixxna slices!:lol::lolsign:

Gazjam
20-10-2009, 16:20
Steady......;)

MAD
22-10-2009, 17:09
Hey guys, you probably already know that we are going to have a MAD feast on the 31st October 2009 evening, but if you cannot make it in the evening and you're not too far from London, please come along in the afternoon for demo, we will be there after 1400. Please send me an e-mail admin@madengland.com if you are coming. Feel free to bring your own eqiuppments or cables along with you.:gig:cheers