PDA

View Full Version : CD Shelving Help

The Grand Wazoo
29-08-2009, 08:40
I'm hoping someone can help me out with another storage problem. I need to find a source of the following:
They're a sort of step that you put onto a deep bookshelf to convert it into two tiers. Great for CD's, maybe designed specifically for CD's, I don't know.

I know I've seen them around, but I don't know where, maybe someone's got a better memory than me.

You can get a similar thing for kitchen cupboards, but the step's only the depth of a baked bean tin.

Any clues anyone?

DaveK
29-08-2009, 10:17
I'm hoping someone can help me out with another storage problem. I need to find a source of the following:
They're a sort of step that you put onto a deep bookshelf to convert it into two tiers. Great for CD's, maybe designed specifically for CD's, I don't know.

I know I've seen them around, but I don't know where, maybe someone's got a better memory than me.

You can get a similar thing for kitchen cupboards, but the step's only the depth of a baked bean tin.

Any clues anyone?

Hi Chris,
Get the baked bean tin step and pack something underneath it to bring it up to the correct height you want - who's gonna see it with a row of CDs in front?
Easy-Peasy!! :)
Dave.

The Grand Wazoo
29-08-2009, 10:36
Don't think it'd work Dave, its the front to back dimension that's wrong & there are two steps.
As you can see here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Extending-Step-Shelves---Extends-Your-Shelves!_W0QQitemZ270358451519QQcmdZViewItem

Bleeding expensive too, to cater for all my CD's

DaveK
29-08-2009, 10:41
Hi Chris,
Silly me!!! I assumed that each step would be single and bean tin high.
Congratulations on your politely restrained reply though :) .
Cheers,

The Grand Wazoo
29-08-2009, 10:52
Congratulations on your politely restrained reply though :) .

You make me grin when you say stuff like that you bleedin' Yorkshireman, you!