PDA

View Full Version : Space

DanJennings
21-08-2009, 15:00
remember these? One of my favourite bands of the 90s, and alas I've just found out their drummer died a few weeks ago

joNeiTmW-jo

Spectral Morn
21-08-2009, 15:49
remember these? One of my favourite bands of the 90s, and alas I've just found out their drummer died a few weeks ago

joNeiTmW-jo

Not one of their better songs IMHO but I love Space too. Calling all Avenging Angels is fantastic. I think they were to quirky for most people at the time, so while popular it didn't go much past the first two albums. I know there were issues with I think the lead guitarist and I think they had been looking at a come back. Sad news indeed.

Regards D S D L

DanJennings
21-08-2009, 15:59
well their third album was finished, but basically murdered at birth and never released....

I've heard a couple of tracks and they sound fantastic! I wish they'd release it as an epitaph...

and then they released another album a few years back, but I heard it was rubbish.

Spectral Morn
21-08-2009, 16:28
well their third album was finished, but basically murdered at birth and never released....

I've heard a couple of tracks and they sound fantastic! I wish they'd release it as an epitaph...

and then they released another album a few years back, but I heard it was rubbish.

Never saw that, only ever saw a Jap album of remixes.

Regards D S D L

DanJennings
21-08-2009, 16:53
yeah, the cancelled third album is called 'Love You More Than Football' and I'm in the process of trying to get hold of a copy of it

and the actual third album was Suburban Rock N Roll... and I wasn't very impressed with the bits I heard, but who knows? there might be hidden gems.

I love Spiders though, what an album

DSJR
21-08-2009, 16:56
Is this the "Space" who did "Magic Fly?" (showing my age now and it's actually in the pile to play...)

DanJennings
21-08-2009, 17:05
Is this the "Space" who did "Magic Fly?" (showing my age now and it's actually in the pile to play...)

fraid not, there've been quite a few bands called Space over the years, this is the one from the 90s hailing from Liverpool who had hits with
Female Of The Spcies
Neighbourhood
Balled Of Tom Jones
and loads more

DSJR
21-08-2009, 17:07
I'll get me zimmer frame and hobble out.....:D

Spectral Morn
21-08-2009, 17:15
yeah, the cancelled third album is called 'Love You More Than Football' and I'm in the process of trying to get hold of a copy of it

and the actual third album was Suburban Rock N Roll... and I wasn't very impressed with the bits I heard, but who knows? there might be hidden gems.

I love Spiders though, what an album

How do you get hold of an album that does not exist ?.... Sounds a bit like the legendary second Touch album (Mark Mangold) that Todd Rundgren produced that suddenly appeared a few years ago as a double CD with the first and better album IMHO.

If you ever get a copy if I send you a CD ;), would you do the needful....please.

Regards D S D L

DanJennings
21-08-2009, 17:21
If you ever get a copy if I send you a CD ;), would you do the needful....please.
Regards D S D L

Of course! I'll keep you posted

Spectral Morn
21-08-2009, 17:27
Of course! I'll keep you posted

Thank you

I have been looking at your musical taste (as revealed on the forum) and yours and mine is quite similar in quite a few areas.

Regards D S D L

DanJennings
21-08-2009, 17:47
well believe it or not, I've just got it....

it's not lossless I'm afraid, but 320kbps is better than a kick in the balls...
is that any good to you?

Spectral Morn
21-08-2009, 20:59
No problem, PM me your address and I will post you a blank....;)

Any good ?

Regards D S D L

Rare Bird
18-01-2010, 02:05
Who mentioned Space?

pgqTS3XcAuI

:eyebrows: