PDA

View Full Version : Possibly dumb Subwoofer question.

hughandella
02-02-2015, 11:29
Hi

I'd just like to check my thinking ( which trust me is well in need of checking !)
If I have an integrated amp which has no pre amp output ( Audio Analogue Puccini ) and I have a subwoofer that doesnot allow for speaker level connection i.e. the only way to connect is via a sub an 'in' RCA interconnect ------ I am 'buggered' ? e.g. I cant use an interconnect from the tape out because that will have a fixed output and so I cant alter volume into sub ?
In this instance the only sort of sub I would look for would be one where I run an extra speaker cable from the amp speaker plugs to the subwoofer speaker plugs or use a REL type connector where nutrick goes into sub and bare wire goes onto amp speaker outputs ..... is that all correct ?

thanks in advance

chris

Brigadoon
16-05-2015, 07:15
Hi

I'd just like to check my thinking ( which trust me is well in need of checking !)
If I have an integrated amp which has no pre amp output ( Audio Analogue Puccini ) and I have a subwoofer that doesnot allow for speaker level connection i.e. the only way to connect is via a sub an 'in' RCA interconnect ------ I am 'buggered' ? e.g. I cant use an interconnect from the tape out because that will have a fixed output and so I cant alter volume into sub ?
In this instance the only sort of sub I would look for would be one where I run an extra speaker cable from the amp speaker plugs to the subwoofer speaker plugs or use a REL type connector where nutrick goes into sub and bare wire goes onto amp speaker outputs ..... is that all correct ?

thanks in advance

chris

Chris do you still want an answer on this?
Barry