PDA

View Full Version : Aghh power surge - help

sanchezxxx
16-08-2009, 20:44
Hi All,

Would really appreciate any help from the more technically minded on this forum. The power in my house recently tripped out. On turning it back most of my media components no longer work including my Pioneer VSX-AX5i-S av amp and PS3. They both turned on at first straining to run and now won't turn on at all.

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong or if it is a possible easy fix?

Cheers in advance for any help..

The Vinyl Adventure
16-08-2009, 21:45
i had a similar situation today.. the cat has a cystitis problem and as such is weeing blood in the most incovinient places. today he weed on the multi plug which tripped the mains. it took me a while to work out what was goin on as the wee had remainind in the socket and was preventing the one fuse from being switched back on again..

anyway.. this obviously doesnt apply to you ... but what i would guess is happening is that there is still one fuse that has tripped ... and has possibly re-triped because of something on the circuit the mentioned peices of equipment are on

in my house there are plug sockets on oposite sides of the room that are on different circuits ... that can make things confusing when some things are working and others arnt!

hope that helps

on the upside to my little mains disaster i did work out that my creek headphone amp was the cause of sum of the background hum in my system..

good luck