PDA

View Full Version : Look at this

REM
10-08-2009, 16:51
A certain R Dunn (late of this parish) has a T/T up for grabs on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-PL-71-turntable_W0QQitemZ270440962159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables?has h=item3ef789986f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14).
He reckons it saw off all comers at his recent PFM bake off, which isn't quite how I recall the results being recorded but I could be wrong after the 20 or so pages of guff about his house foundations I kinda lost interest:lol:.
Does anyone reckon he would do a discount BIN for fellow forum members?;)

Mike
10-08-2009, 18:19
At that price, or at least opening bid, I think he's taking the piss... it doesn't even work properly at 45rpm! :mental:

Marco
10-08-2009, 18:38
He reckons it saw off all comers at his recent PFM bake off, which isn't quite how I recall the results being recorded...

Oh FFS, more fantasy-land from Dunn! At the last bake-off the Garrard stole the show. Mind you, as he's been banned from every forum in the land, he's now only got Ebay to spout his blinkered shit :lol:

And does anyone know if an "Ortophon" SPU shares anything in common with an Ortofon SPU? :eyebrows:

Marco.

StanleyB
10-08-2009, 19:22
It's not a bad turntable. It's a wreck:mental:. The faulty switch is no longer available (obviously), and cannot be fixed. I worked on those things in the 80's.

The Vinyl Adventure
10-08-2009, 19:47
heh... i love the wake of iritation that richard dunn leaves where ever he goes!it really makes me laugh... i have to say all the dealings with him i have had have been very good and reasonable and i do like his kit, but blimey i wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of one of his attacks

Mike
10-08-2009, 20:57
Didn't Gromit pick his up for about eighty quid? And it looked mint!

Joe
11-08-2009, 07:38
Oh FFS, more fantasy-land from Dunn! At the last bake-off the Garrard stole the show. Mind you, as he's been banned from every forum in the land, he's now only got Ebay to spout his blinkered shit :lol:

Remind us how many forums you've been banned from, Marco.:lol:

Marco
11-08-2009, 07:42
Oh, plenty! In the past, I was yer veritable on-line bad boy... But at least I've got a rather good forum of my own now to 'play in', unlike Mr Dunn! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Dave Cawley
11-08-2009, 07:58
Where he says "my systems PL-71" that isn't the one he is selling though. Tight bearing?

Dave

Marco
11-08-2009, 08:02
Nope - it's one of the shagged ones he bought for spares, which of course makes it a real bargain!

Marco.

Ammonite Audio
11-08-2009, 11:24
There's always the possibility that this is a perfectly genuine sale, and that Richard's listing is straightforward and honest. I for one do not think that Richard would put his name to anything remotely dodgy.

What's wrong in assuming that there is good, somewhere, in everyone, rather than issuing instant condemnations out of hand?

Here endeth the sermon.

The Vinyl Adventure
11-08-2009, 11:37
well said!!! ... < shields him self from the bits of food and screwed up bits of paper currently bouncing off shuggies head for backing up mr dunn >

Marco
11-08-2009, 11:41
Hi Shuggie,

I'm sure that it is a perfectly genuine sale, albeit one that others and I consider as somewhat less than good value. We're all entitled to an opinion..... :)

What's wrong in assuming that there is good, somewhere, in everyone, rather than issuing instant condemnations out of hand?

That's very Christian of you, but I'm afraid in Dunn's case the saying 'You reap what you sow' is most apt, especially considering the grief and ill-feeling he causes wherever he goes with his outrageous and disrespectful behaviour.

On that note, I think this thread has run its course so it's time for it to be locked.

Marco.