PDA

View Full Version : Garrard 301 control lever washers

JohnM
25-08-2014, 13:37
Hi folks.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my 301 after taking it completely to pieces, having the linkages replated & chassis resprayed curtesy of Audio Grail. It's looking great & coming together again nicely. But...

The only area I (very stupidly!) didn't take photos of are the underneath of all the control levers, both on top, & below the chassis. Annoyingly, the exploded diagrams in the Garrard 301 manual shows no washers at all, except a friction spring (part 33) underneath the speed control linkage.

Some Garrard web pages say there are thin washers directly underneath the levers (top of chassis), others that there are washers below the lever linkages. It's all a bit maddening. I think Garrard themselves were a little variable in where they placed those thin washers (the eddy current magnet area is another area where one often sees variations - i.e. One spring on top of the spring, sometimes one on top & below the spring, etc).

I'm left with 5 of these thin washers, plus the 'friction spring'. The friction spring is in the manual & goes underneath the variable speed control linkage, but what about the other 5? I'm thinking one placed directly between each control and the top of the chassis, which leaves two. Those two for the underside of the on/off and speed selector levers? Or perhaps one either side of that friction washer?

Any photos/concrete evidence of where these should go would be great! ;)

Fanku.

John.