PDA

View Full Version : Bake-off in Maidstone

John
26-12-2013, 22:55
Bake-off in Maidstone

Sovereign and myself plan to meet up and see have a bake off Saturday 25th from 2pm onwards
I be bringing my Bantam and Bushmaster along
If you interested joining in the fun let us know

Sovereign
26-12-2013, 23:12
This bake off mainly came about as I have been very interested in the Bantam Gold amp. An amp that will look like a pack of playing cards compared to my large SS amp, which makes my mind boggle, so I would really like to see how it compares. What makes my mind boggle even more is the fact that the performance of this Bantam Gold amp is further improved by taking it off grid and running it from a battery. This is a wee bit bonkers to my mind as my hifi is powered from a full Roy K Riches mains installation, to a 3Kva Balanced Power supply leading to a AG1500 Power Regenerator. However I can understand the possible benefits of bypassing the grid altogether and the problems it brings.
We can fit as many cars as you like on the drive but the hifi rom is a little narrow, so I think we can probably host a maximum of four people and it would be good to wrap up by 6pm. Ill see if I can rustle up some snacks and drinks.
My only source is a laptop straight to my MDAC, if you want to hear your own music then I can rip it to my lap top or you can bring your own.
All in all it should be a good afternoon.

synsei
27-12-2013, 13:01
Should we bring a boat? :D

John
27-12-2013, 13:41
Boats canoes ships all welcomed

Sovereign
27-12-2013, 15:02
:Just got back from town. It is quite bad still but the water is subsiding. Where I olive it is all dry as a bone:wave:

The Grand Wazoo
27-12-2013, 16:11
Where I olive it is all dry as a bone:wave:

What you get up to in your private life is nobody's business but yours. However, it's good to know that you've been able to clean yerself up a little before John and the others get there.

Sovereign
27-12-2013, 16:25
What you get up to in your private life is nobody's business but yours. However, it's good to know that you've been able to clean yerself up a little before John and the others get there.

Very clever, if not a little crazy. I must have had one too many to drink!

Oldpinkman
27-12-2013, 17:49
Not so dry here. Yalding flooded badly again. We went down in the morning on christmas day and our friends who have 4 feet of water in the downstairs of their house all had alternative accomodation. We went down at 5PM on christmas day to check in the church whether anybody needed a bed, and took in Louise and Darren with their Lab lady who had just arrived in the village and been evacuated by boat. The firebrigade and others have been back and forth with zodiacs, and there have been helicopters circling with floodlights at night. Then the power went off at 9 on Christmas Day, and came back on about 2 hours ago, although I am getting the usual "power up" nuisance trips on the RCD's. We had a generator from yesterday afternoon, but its been a bit of a Christmas. Floods went down last night and all roads open, although the river is still running fast, there are cars in the water, and debris everywhere. Big mess to clear up

John
27-12-2013, 17:51
Sorry to hear that Richard sounds pretty bad

Sovereign
27-12-2013, 18:05
Richard I'm in Loose, just 10 minutes away. Is there anything I can do, I'm part of RAM an emergency response unit for events just like this. Please let me know.

Oldpinkman
27-12-2013, 18:30
Thanks john and james. We're fine since we are on high ground - just inconvenienced by the river crossings closing. I've phoned an electrician friend who is going to come out and test and almost certainly change the fuseboard for rcbos. I gather david cameron was being filmed in the village and is taking the credit for getting the power back on.
If there is a spare 4th place for your bake off I would be interested, but don't exclude anyone else because I might cancel at the last minute if clients let me down and dump late tax returns on me.

John
27-12-2013, 19:00
Be great to meet you I think room for one more
Glad everything is okay

Sovereign
27-12-2013, 19:52
If you need any trades I have many who we contract our work to. Just shout

Ali Tait
13-01-2014, 19:18
Why not do as we have been doing for years at Owston, just split the cost of the room between whoever turns up?

Maybe see if they can put on some lunch.

MCRU
13-01-2014, 19:24
Why not do as we have been doing for years at Owston, just split the cost of the room between whoever turns up?

Yes sensible idea, even for a scotsman :lol:

There are some key dates throughout 2014 for the trade like myself, Munich, Owston, Whittlebury, Bristol etc, I will attend with a few bits and maybe Nick too as we can travel down together if the dates are good, is that set yet?

Macca
13-01-2014, 19:53

Nah don't want to do that as it will cost people to travel there already. Hotel buffets are rip off but there is a subway next doorr and fifty other takeaways within a five minute walk. Should point out it is just one train from glasgae if any mafioso would like to come down.

John
13-01-2014, 20:03
Stoke a bit more central than Owston

MCRU
13-01-2014, 20:18
Stoke a bit more central than Owston

Central for who kind sir? Londoners?

MCRU
13-01-2014, 20:21
Nah don't want to do that as it will cost people to travel there already. Hotel buffets are rip off but there is a subway next doorr and fifty other takeaways within a five minute walk. Should point out it is just one train from glasgae if any mafioso would like to come down.

being tight arses ali and gaz will probably come down on their horse and cart so give them both at least 3 weeks notice to set off in good time.....:lol:

if they bringing gear it won't fit on a train, not those open baffle speakers ali owns anyway! they fit on a cart though

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/10/1/1285934912553/horse-and-cart-recycling-005.jpg

Ali Tait
13-01-2014, 20:28
That would look just right with an MRCU sign on the side.

Wakefield Turntables
13-01-2014, 20:30
being tight arses ali and gaz will probably come down on their horse and cart so give them both at least 3 weeks notice to set off in good time.....:lol:

if they bringing gear it won't fit on a train, not those open baffle speakers ali owns anyway! they fit on a cart though

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/10/1/1285934912553/horse-and-cart-recycling-005.jpg

That picture reminds me of Almondbury!

MCRU
13-01-2014, 20:31
That picture reminds me of Almondbury!

LOL you been round Huddersfield then dude?

I have no van now so maybe Ali's idea may catch on!

Wakefield Turntables
13-01-2014, 20:36
Yeah I did some training at Hudds Uni, I used to live in Shelley (the poosh bit), t'was bloody cold in winter. I've got some mates from Fixby and Edgerton. I thinkI might end up coming to this "do" if it's stoke-on-trent. I know the place quite well as it's where I got my MSc degree ,so I have a good idea where all the shit-holes are when it comes to drinking :lol: Not sure about fetching my deck "black magic" as I think it would probably getting shown up by all the new swanky 1210's out there!