PDA

View Full Version : Help!

WikiBoy
19-03-2008, 21:31
PLEASE do something!

Look at the latest / top 6 threads not one of them is talking about the subject they were supposed to address, they are all talking about Ashley and AVI. They are all now off topic.

What do we have to do to get our forum back?

Ashley James
19-03-2008, 21:45
I shouldn't worry about it Richard, they'll soon get tired of me and I'm nearly out of things to say anyway.

Marco
19-03-2008, 22:33
Richard,

Like I've said before it's your forum, so if you've got any suggestions to make to admin, I'm all ears :)

Marco.

Mike
19-03-2008, 22:42
I for one am getting a bit tired of some of this crap......

Think I might hang around 'elsewhere' for a wee while.

Nighty night...

WikiBoy
19-03-2008, 22:52
Richard,

Like I've said before it's your forum, so if you've got any suggestions to make to admin, I'm all ears :)

Marco.

I think I will take you up on your offer temp, at least then I can keep them out of one thread until you do something generally to sort it.

jandl100
20-03-2008, 08:23
Ban Ashley and his nasty JC Bum drongo - all they do is turn everything into marketing for AVI - obnoxiously so, in the case of Mr Bum. You know it makes sense!

I'd be happy to post a bit more then (Gosh, they cry, how gracious of him ;)) - it's all a bit pointless at the moment -and I really do hate to be used as marketing fodder for Ashley.

Marco
20-03-2008, 09:17
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your feedback, and I understand your concerns.

I can't ban for people for discussing their products or referring to them, albeit somewhat, erm, 'too enthusiastically'. As I'm sure you'll appreciate, it isn't really a ban-able offence.

What I will do though, as I'm getting more and more complaints about this, is ban any further discussion about AVI or its products on existing threads. I will only permit AVI or its products to be mentioned on new threads if it's appropriate or to new members specifically asking about their products.

How's that as a fair compromise? :)

Marco.

Ashley James
20-03-2008, 09:38
Marco I think you know that I'm not trying to market AVI and that JC is an enthusiastic customer who doesn't even have an agency.

This is not the place to market anything, however ADM9s are a hot product right now, they've caused tremendous interest and controversy and they are selling in substantial quantities. As a result an argument has been raging for a year on Hi Fi Wigwam and I've never once contributed to it, it's simply the inevitable fall out from product that breaks with tradition. Accusing me of marketing on any Forum is just pointless bitching, it won't stop the row and it may increase traffic on this one, it increased PF's uniques by 25% and there have been 25,000 odd viewings on Wigwam. There aren't that many products around that could do that.

I'd far rather discuss all things audio and answer the odd question about ADM9s and I believe that if the whingers shut up and ignored the subject instead of trying to make trouble, the whole issue would die a death.

And JCBrum's latest Post is a hell of a lot more amusing than the tosh Richard spouts.

Marco
20-03-2008, 09:48
Ashley,

Please see the lastest message in the notice board. I have to listen to what the majority of our members want.

Regards,
Marco.

jcbrum
20-03-2008, 09:51
I don't mind buggering off and never coming back, I've got fans too you know, and I've been thrown out of better places than this !

If you ban discussion of AVI and leave it free to discuss Nene Valley Audio, and Pure Sound, then it puts a pretty big label on this forum with respect to it's objectives, and the opinions of it's members. It's not a label I'd be proud to be associated with.

You can't govern by censorship and free speech is essential to mental health.

I'm all for allowing Richard to rant at me as much as he likes, if you segregate the membership, then it makes his rant pointless, and devalues every remark by anyone on the whole forum.

I'm quite happy with anyone coming into my room and saying their piece. It's only a hifi forum, and like a hifi set, you can always turn it off.

Get real. :):)

Ashley James
20-03-2008, 10:05
Marco - you most certainly don't - you have to do what gets traffic through this Forum. The complainers are narrow minded bigots with axes to grind, they are not necessarily representative of passing trade and they haven't said anything worth listening to either!
They've just bitched!

The whole trouble with hi fi for years has been narrow minded intransigence as demonstrated by the back door whiners here. They don't like anything different, they are jealous of the interest that AVI has provoked and they'd rather this forum die (as is hi fi ) than tolerate anything that doesn't accord with their dull little viewpoint.

JCBrum has very eloquently expressed precisely the view that would be held by a majority were this a big enough forum to attract a representative cross section of the population.

I suggest you let it roll, ignore the whiners and allow this Forum to grow and attract a wider and much more interesting cross section.

Marco
20-03-2008, 10:08
jc,

I'm sorry, but this matter is not up for debate.

I presume you didn't join this forum just to discuss AVI? If so, let's see some evidence of this.

Start a thread on your audio history, or discuss anything else you wish relating to hi-fi, music, or permitted off-topic subjects. I'm sure in all the years you've been into hi-fi you must have had lots of different and interesting experiences, so let's hear about them :)

Marco.

Marco
20-03-2008, 10:13
Marco - you most certainly don't - you have to do what gets traffic through this Forum.

Ashley,

I don't *have* to do anything. I have made a decision and it is final. Please respect my wishes and contribute on other subjects as you have been asked. If you don't wish to do this you are more than welcome to leave, although I would be sorry to see you go.

I will not allow any more debate about this - thread closed.

Marco.

Steve Toy
20-03-2008, 10:14
There is such a thing as doing a particular topic to death. Ashley, it's for your own good. You can put people off you know and we wouldn't want to do that, would we?

AVI infomercials here there and everywhere are now banned. You may of course extoll ithe endless virtues of ADM9s hooked up to an iPod in the Trade Inspirations - that is still free of charge!