PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, Barry, Martin and Geoff!

Marco
23-05-2014, 07:37
Guys,

As you know, from time to time, we reward the regular, long-standing and most dedicated members of our community, by promoting them to the management team, as Forum Leaders, and with it the chance to be an influential voice within the 'nerve centre' of AoS, thus helping shape and develop our community.

Therefore, we would like to welcome on board Barry, Martin (Macca) and Geoff (Walpurgis), all established and popular members of AoS, and who no doubt will be a great addition to the team. With their valued input, AoS will be an even friendlier, informative and fun place to be!

Welcome aboard, chaps! :cool:

Marco.

walpurgis
23-05-2014, 09:42
Many thanks Marco.

I'm hoping my future involvement with AOS will be fruitful and of benefit to other members.

Geoff. :)

Marco
23-05-2014, 12:19
Nice one, Geoff. I'm sure that both AoS and you will benefit from your new role! :)

Incidentally, it should be noted that the recent appointments have been made partly due to some existing members of the team no longer being able to maintain their current positions, as a result of a mixture of increasing workloads and personal/family commitments.

In that respect, Martin T and Dave (Synsei) have stepped down from being Forum Leaders, however they will be continuing contributing to AoS as normal members. Therefore, for reference, the current list of Forum Leaders is as follows:

Alex UK
Anthony TD
Barry
John
Keiths
Macca
Snapper
The Black Adder
The Grand Wazoo
Walpurgis

Plus (Nick) Beechwoods, (Rob) Filterlab and myself as Admin.

We may also look at bringing in another couple of people to help cover things, throughout the day and evening (in terms of managing the moderation of the forum), as both Alex and Nick have very demanding jobs and young families to look after, meaning that their opportunity to contribute is currently somewhat limited. Indeed that also applies to Rob, and has done so for some time.

At the end of the day, people have real lives to lead, so it's only natural that they come first :)

The influx of 'new blood' to the team will hopefully add extra direction, in terms of how the forum evolves in future, as different people with new ideas and ways of looking at things is always welcome, and indeed beneficial for the continued development of our community. I would therefore ask all members to give the new Forum Leaders their full support.

Anyway, here's to our continued success in future, and to hitting the 10,000 members mark... It's amazing what we've achieved together since AoS was born in 2008, making it one of the friendliest and most informative hi-fi and music forums on the 'Net! :cool:

Marco.

Marco
27-05-2014, 13:09
I'd just like to welcome Joe (The Black Adder) on board as a Forum Leader. I'm sure we'll all benefit from his erudite input :cool:

Anyway, that's the last victim, sorry new recruit :eyebrows: for now!

Marco.