PDA

View Full Version : As the weather is getting better...

CageyH
18-05-2014, 13:20
Are there any decent outdoor speakers available these days?
I would eventually like to get something that is good for background music.
I am not after superb sound quality, but something pleasant sounding.

Barry
18-05-2014, 13:37
Bose? :eyebrows:

istari_knight
18-05-2014, 14:01
Acoustic Energy did some weatherproof speakers... Didn't sound too bad when I heard them in a pub garden.

Firebottle
18-05-2014, 18:21
Yes but if you are outdoors with the birds singing away you don't really need anything that good.
We have an old pair of AR sevens (I think) with replacement russian bass drivers, sounds perfectly fine in the garden.

Just mount the speakers under a cover to keep the rain off, sorted,

:cool: Alan

PS They are driven from the main system and I have an RF remote control so the volume can be adjusted whilst in the garden :)

Audio Al
18-05-2014, 18:31
Are there any decent outdoor speakers available these days?
I would eventually like to get something that is good for background music.
I am not after superb sound quality, but something pleasant sounding.

I do hope you are very isolated , People may not want to listen , Gardens are for piece and quiet if you are lucky

istari_knight
18-05-2014, 18:37
Thats a very good point Al. We are in deepest darkest Cornwall, literally 5 mins walk from the sea and yet all I can hear outside is next door's teenage son playing dubstep in his shed... Its quite annoying to put it mildly :D

Audio Al
18-05-2014, 18:52
Try living in my location , The sun comes out followed by up to 3 systems all competing against each other

Does my f-ing head in :doh: , so I stay indoors or go out for the afternoon

Marco
18-05-2014, 19:51
Thats a very good point Al. We are in deepest darkest Cornwall, literally 5 mins walk from the sea and yet all I can hear outside is next door's teenage son playing dubstep in his shed... Its quite annoying to put it mildly :D

Well, you will go and live near other folk! ;)

Marco.

istari_knight
18-05-2014, 20:20
:lol: Its partly my own fault... He showed an interest in the hifi so I gave him a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds to get him going, unfortunately they are capable of going a lot louder than the bush micro jobbies they replaced :doh:

CageyH
18-05-2014, 20:25
I do hope you are very isolated , People may not want to listen , Gardens are for piece and quiet if you are lucky

I'm relatively isolated. These will be next to the pool in my 2 acre garden.
This is the only reason I am contemplating doing this. But as I said, it's just for background music, and not an all out party.

hifi_dave
18-05-2014, 21:19
JBL have some.

julesd68
18-05-2014, 21:23

I think a bazooka would be an effective remedy for this situation James ...

RichB
18-05-2014, 21:55
Thinking of a sonos play1 for my own rather more modest garden to replace the pos iPod dock we use (at modest volume) when we're chilling rather than grafting out there. Wireless and probably OK for bringing into the conservatory when we're entertaining. I now realise not all my pals are as interested in sitting in front of the main system as I am.