PDA

View Full Version : my Zeppelin vinyl collection

struth
17-05-2014, 11:02
Going to put these up for sale. No idea what they are worth tbh but will say £250 plus post at cost.I'll thriw in the box.
If enough people show interest in them individually I might split.
All the vinyl is in great condition, and most of the covers too..a few of the original pressings covers show wear as expected.

LED ZEPPELIN ONE JAPAN PRESS with obi and song sheet.. Fabulous condition.

LED ZEPPELIN ONE HEAVY PRESS. likely 200 gm classic. Fabulous again.

LED ZEPPELIN TWO PLUM. Cover shows some wear.

LED ZEPPELIN THREE PLUM. cover shows some wear.

LED ZEPPELIN THREE GREEN HEAVY PRESS.maybe another classic. Super nick.

LED ZEPPELIN FOUR PLUM.Cover has wear.

LED ZEPPELIN FOUR GREEN HEAVY PRESS. Again likely a 200 classic.Fantastic nick.

HOUSES OF THE HOLY 200GM CLASSIC..MINTY.

PRESENCE. LOVELY NICK.

IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR.LOVELY.

Physical Graffiti. Some edge wear. All window fine..inner complete, a few minor marks on vinyl.still very nice for original or early I think?

REMASTERS. near mint bar a residue mark from a label.

I will also add this one!....THE AGE OF ATLANTIC.
Has loads of great stuff on this

If I am way out sure someone will let me know:eek:

The Barbarian
17-05-2014, 11:04
Grant you will have to split them as most people will have some already..You might be better auctioning off the Plumbs, alser we need a picture of which 'In Through The Outdoor' cover you have as there is a hand full of different variations as well as the original brown paper bag the cover should be in..

struth
17-05-2014, 11:23
Not an expert on these things that's why I put them up as a lot for quickish sale as there is something I want..

struth
17-05-2014, 11:24
Just sold them over on the wam STP of course.
Thanks for the info andre

The Barbarian
17-05-2014, 11:49
However here's some info

http://zeppelincollectables.com/pages.php?pageid=3

struth
17-05-2014, 11:55
My neighbour, who it conveniently on holiday is a knowlagable zep man.he said a lot of the stuff was valuable...but I wanted a quick sale, one for buying something and 2, to stop me changing my mind.
Seems to be a lot of dif covers on that one Andre..must have been a collector gimmick.
Zep collecting can be a minefield it seems

The Barbarian
17-05-2014, 12:05
The thing was it came in a brown paper bag at the time so the buyer had no idea which cover variation was in which bag! Off the top of my head a simular thing happened with Genesis 'Abacab' LP this came in four different variation embossed covers..

twotone
17-05-2014, 14:57
I'm no zep fan Grant but I think you have missed a trick here mate, those plumb label ones go for big money.

struth
17-05-2014, 15:57
I remember someone telling me that Andre now u mention it...

Tony, I maybe could have got more by splitting them, there were 3 plums, and I think they are in good condition for age, especially the vinyl which I am a bit paranoid about keeping in good nick, but I have a big attachment the these, and I decided a quick sale would be best...at least they are staying in the community. and I can maybe buy something nice later......:scratch:

twotone
17-05-2014, 16:21
Well done Grant, they certainly sold quickly enough which tells you something mate.

Wotcha buying?:eyebrows:

struth
17-05-2014, 16:36
Might well be a phono stage. Think ill be needing a separate one again soon if my changeover happens. But don't tell anyone

struth
17-05-2014, 16:36
DOH!

twotone
17-05-2014, 16:57
DOH!

:lol:

struth
18-05-2014, 20:52
SOLD!!!

The Barbarian
18-05-2014, 21:00
The first Zep LP on plumb {Earliest Matrixes} with laminated cover/Turquoise lettering & logo is the one that costs a fortune..

struth
18-05-2014, 21:39
I nearly got one of those for a song, but my wee honest man in the back of my head stopped me....I then told the guy what it was really worth....he nearly thanked me then buggered off to put it on fleabay....sometimes I wonder if with some folk, they are worth helping:eek: