PDA

View Full Version : crosstalk on amp

vinyljunky
08-05-2014, 20:14
hello fellow earth dwellers i have a croft integrated when i am playing cds i can hear music through the speakers regardless of what imput is selected includiing phono glen has said that all stereo amps suffer from crosstalk but it is nothing to worry about anyone got thoughts on this :scratch:

Barry
08-05-2014, 20:18
I wouldn't worry about it Steven, just make sure all other sources (tuner etc.) are switched off. The same follows regardless of source; switch off all the other sources.

vinyljunky
08-05-2014, 21:23
cheers barry there does not seem to be degradation of the sound i am still getting many religious experiences with my music all i was worried about if i was getting
cross bleed across the line inputs

AlexM
09-05-2014, 19:28
Hmm... not necessarily a problem as long as you'll only have one source playing at a time, but I'm suprised that it should be audible. I've never experienced that on any amp or preamp I've owned.

Ali Tait
09-05-2014, 20:00
You could try shorting out the unused inputs, see if that makes any differece.

hifi_dave
09-05-2014, 20:52
As Barry said. Play one source at a time and it isn't a problem. Many amps do the same, so don't worry.

Naughty Nigel
13-05-2014, 19:37
Some switch cleaners [if used on input selector switches] can have a similar effect for a while after they've been used. This is because the alcohol used in said cleaners is electrically conductive.

Nigel.