PDA

View Full Version : "Up Yours Marco": the title of RD's new rant...

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 20:26
{Moved from the 'Why is HFW so biased against classic cartridges?' thread}

The ones I am told to answer

1I think you're clearly lacking introspection. If you honestly believe that then why can't you extend this courtesy to those who use and enjoy equipment that is derived from a different technology to that which you use, manufacture, and deem as being 'superior', instead of rather disrespectfully labelling them with some crass terminology or description that you've invented in your head?

Oh, and I'd like an answer to that one please!!

2Experience tells me that Denon transformers (and the A23) optimise the sound of the DL-103 better than any other transformers I've heard so far, and way better than any active MC stage I've heard *so far* - it's as simple as that. However, I'm up for being convinced differently as a result of something better being demonstrated to me. Show me how much better an NVA MC stage is and I'll gladly acknowledge it! :cool:

3What a load of utter pish (as they say in the city of my birth)!
Marco.

1 - I would with pleasure if I had a clue as to what you are talking about, as it seems to resemble nothing I wrote.

2 - I have had enough of forum owners trying to ponce equipment off me, I have had about four emails from so called owners and moderators on Head-Fi asking if want good review there. Even the UK headphone forum owner was trying to ponce one last year - it must be a headphone amp thing. Simple answer - no - you are a punter and no big shit just because you share ownership on a forum. Even if you were a big shit or a industry slurper you would have even less chance. My customers become my friends, when I know them and trust them they can borrow anything. You my dear feller are neither.

3 - I never heard that expression in Forte de Marmi last year.

Ian Walker
05-07-2009, 20:30
Record and STUCK spring to mind

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 20:35
Enjoy 'Family Guy', whatever that is!

Marco.

You really should watch it - BBC3 - you will see a cartoon clone of you as a baby. :lol:

Marco
05-07-2009, 20:38
Indeed, Ian!

Richard, tell you what, since I'm a nice guy, instead of just rudely deleting them I'll move your last OFF-TOPIC (;)) posts to a seperate thread and we'll discuss them there. You can also name the thread whatever you want.

So what's it to be? :)

Marco.

Ian Walker
05-07-2009, 20:40
How about lets plant a cabbage

Marco
05-07-2009, 20:42
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D:D :rolleyes:

P.S happy 200th post!

Marco
05-07-2009, 21:19
How about lets plant a cabbage

Now done! :lolsign:

Until Richard decides to call it something else when he comes back from watching 'Family Guy' ;)

Marco.

anthonyTD
05-07-2009, 21:27
forwarded from HFW post
hi all,
well i think its time to get [vaugely] back on track now, richard, can i ask you, are your phono-stages directly coupled on the front end to the cartridge? my reason for asking, you mentioned the cartridge your using had gone noisey, could it be that there is a small amount of DC on the front end of your phono-stage, this can in some cases lead to the noise problem you relate to.
obviously transformers dont pass DC so you dont get this potential problem using MC step up transformers.
just a thought.
anthony,TD...

speakers-1989
05-07-2009, 21:30
Marco is a nice moderator.

He is full of good laughs and respect.

Keep up the good work bad boy!

Marco
05-07-2009, 21:30
Anthony,

LOL. What are you doing, matey? :eyebrows:

I'd left that post on the other thread because, as you said, it was vaguely on-topic! :lol:

This thread is solely for Richard's new rant (whatever he decides to call it)!

Marco.

Marco
05-07-2009, 21:31
Marco is a nice moderator.

He is full of good laughs and respect.

Keep up the good work bad boy!

Cheers, Shane. Oi does me best :cool:

Marco.

anthonyTD
05-07-2009, 21:32
Anthony,

LOL. What are you doing, matey? :eyebrows:

I'd left that post on the other thread because, as you said, it was vaguely on-topic! :lol:

This thread is solely for Richard's new rant (whatever he decides to call it)!

Marco.
well,
i figured which ever post richard comes back to first!!!
A...

Marco
05-07-2009, 21:34
Hahaha... Well, as this has been a very mad day in AOS-land, why bother stopping the lunacy? :lol:

Marco.

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 21:51
Just change the title to - Up Yours Marco

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 22:11
Richard,
Now things have calmed down a bit and, as my earlier post seems to have inspired your exchange with Marco, I thought I'd better say a few words. I'd like to assure you that some people have tried listening with an open mind to many different options for phono amplification & have settled on transformers. If you're interested, please take a look at this thread:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2907

You may think that my insistance on the use of an SP8/Koetsu show a fundamental flaw in my hearing, I don't know, but my gear makes a noise I like!

Terribly sorry, as I seem to have overlooked your products, though!

As with most discussions there is an element of truth in what both of you were saying & perhaps you are both quite similar in some ways (something which usually horrifies people when they hear it suggested about themselves!)

It pisses me off that people say things when they haven't heard what I am using. All you can judge on is what you hear and there is a lot of difference between what you are saying i.e. that you chose what you have from listening to what you could, from people trying to dictate to people that they know best and that they are always right. You realise you have to keep an open mind, which is more than *that* person does. He is like a child with a new toy and all of a sudden it is the best thing on the planet, even if he had been pissing on it the week before, until of course the new one comes along and the old one is thrown in the corner and rejected.

RobHolt
05-07-2009, 22:12
Can I suggest:

'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!'

:lol:

Marco
05-07-2009, 22:18
Ok Richard,

1 - I would with pleasure if I had a clue as to what you are talking about, as it seems to resemble nothing I wrote.

Allow me to explain... You said (on the other thread):

I have said clearly on many occassions, if people use their ears and not others or others bullshit to buy product then they have bought the best for them.

...to which I replied:

I think you're clearly lacking introspection. If you honestly believe that then why can't you extend this courtesy to those who use and enjoy equipment that is derived from a different technology to that which you use, manufacture, and deem as being 'superior', instead of rather disrespectfully labelling them with some crass terminology or description that you've invented in your head?

What I meant by that was, to use your words, 'I have used my ears and not others or others bullshit to buy product, therefore I have bought the best for me.' By this I am referring to my choice of main amplification (valve) and my choice of MC cartridge amplification (SUT).

Therefore, given that I've done exactly as you deem is 'correct', as quoted above, then why do you insist on using rather crass and inaccurate terminology you've invented from fantasy (such as "bottlehead", etc, as if I'm somehow brainwashed) to describe my choices and the way I've assembled my system?

I am not any kind of "head", 'bottle' or 'sand', or even 'dick', haha :eyebrows: I simply choose whatever I feel best reproduces (for me) the sound of real music. I couldn't give a monkey's bollocks whether that's valves or SS. Right now it's valves; in 10 years time it might be SS. Nothing for me is ever written in stone.

So, in future, please don't refer to me as anything other than a hi-fi enthusiast and music lover who at the moment just happens to like valves and SUTs. I take exception to being disrespectfully and superficially pigeonholed in that way.

Do you understand what I'm getting at now? :)

2 - I have had enough of forum owners trying to ponce equipment off me, I have had about four emails from so called owners and moderators on Head-Fi asking if want good review there. Even the UK headphone forum owner was trying to ponce one last year - it must be a headphone amp thing. Simple answer - no - you are a punter and no big shit just because you share ownership on a forum. Even if you were a big shit or a industry slurper you would have even less chance. My customers become my friends, when I know them and trust them they can borrow anything. You my dear feller are neither.

You've completely missed the point. I'm not asking to "ponce equipment". You've made your position on that quite clear. What I am saying is that some time in the future I'm sure that you'll be at a bake-off on 'neutral territory' where I may perhaps also be present, and this could be an opportunity to hear your amps and/or phono stage.

It's inevitable that I'm going to hear your products sometime, and when I do, if it is demonstrated to me that your MC phono stage is superior to my SUT with a Denon DL-103 cartridge, then I'll gladly come on this forum and admit it. However, if the situation is the reverse will you have the gumption to do the same? ;)

3 - I never heard that expression in Forte de Marmi last year.

"Pish" is a Scottish expression. I was born in Glasgow, not in Italy, same as my parents - although my grandparents and great grandparents were all born in Tuscany in Italy. I love Scotland and am proud of my Scottish roots, but because of my ancestry and way of life/values, I consider myself more Italian than Scottish.

Btw, did you mean Forte Dei Marmi?

If so, it's only about 50km from where we have our villa in Tuscany. I'm more of a countryside than a beach person myself! :cool:

Marco.

Marco
05-07-2009, 22:20
Just change the title to - Up Yours Marco

Ok, as you wish!

I would then appreciate you answering my last post above ;)

Marco.

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 22:21
Can I suggest:

'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!'

:lol:

Very predictable from you, now tell me you don't have an agenda!

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 22:22
Ok, as you wish!

I would then appreciate you answering my last post above ;)

Marco.

I answer what I answer - I don't respond to dictators.

Marco
05-07-2009, 22:26
Very predictable from you, now tell me you don't have an agenda!

I believe that it's called humour ;)

Marco.

Marco
05-07-2009, 22:27
I answer what I answer - I don't respond to dictators.

Cop out! You know I've got you by the balls so you're conveniently ignoring it!! :eyebrows:

And what happened to the 'I would answer with pleasure', malarkey? Have we taken a little hissy fit? ;)

Marco.

speakers-1989
05-07-2009, 22:45
Cop out! You know I've got you by the balls so you're conveniently ignoring it!! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Ouch!!!

That's gotta hurt;)

Marco
05-07-2009, 22:45
It pisses me off that people say things when they haven't heard what I am using. All you can judge on is what you hear and there is a lot of difference between what you are saying i.e. that you chose what you have from listening to what you could, from people trying to dictate to people that they know best and that they are always right. You realise you have to keep an open mind, which is more than *that* person does. He is like a child with a new toy and all of a sudden it is the best thing on the planet, even if he had been pissing on it the week before, until of course the new one comes along and the old one is thrown in the corner and rejected.

What a load of utter nonsense Richard! How often do you see me changing equipment? That is just not me at all! Where on earth do you get this stuff from??

I haven't "pissed on" anything. I'm afraid that your rather overactive imagination is playing tricks on you again. I used the exact same methodology as Chris did for choosing my gear to arrive at where I am now - fact!

It pisses me off that people say things when they haven't heard what I am using.

And it pisses me off when people say things when they haven't heard what I'm using!!!

Can you not see the rather obvious irony here?

Have you heard a DL-103 with an A23 SUT or one of the Denon SUTs I linked to earlier? As far as I know, no. Have you ever heard my modifed Croft preamp and its valve MM phono stage? No. Have you heard the Copper P/P valve amp I use? No. Have you ever heard my Lockwood Major speakers fitted with 15" Tannoy Monitor Reds? No.

So stop making assumptions about them like you claim I'm doing about your gear!! :doh:

Marco.

P.S I'll move these (again) off-topic posts to your new rant thread later.

WikiBoy
05-07-2009, 22:53
Why did you think I was talking about you - did you recognise something?

Marco
05-07-2009, 22:55
Yes, your blinkered agenda! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Stratmangler
05-07-2009, 23:59
Congratulations chaps !

Now there are 2 threads where we can carry on our childish and continual sniping at each other.

For goodness sake, calm down, grow up and desist.

Otherwise we may as well just call the whole AoS forum "The Richard & Marco (slanging) Show".

I wouldn't mind if the "great debate" were about anything of any great importance, but it's not. It's about Hi-Fi (allegedly).

It seems that my last request was too subtle, so here is a second one.

STOP IT !

Whatever problems the two main protagonists have with each other, in any shape or form, just sort it out amongst yourselves in private and off the forum please !

I will post this in both threads, just to make sure that it gets picked up.

Steve Toy
06-07-2009, 00:16
Hopefully when the air has cleared between the two Titans, something good will come of it.

Meanwhile I hope everyone realises that this is just a blip and not a taste of the future of this site.

Marco
06-07-2009, 00:17
Hi Chris,

I've still to get time to transfer the off-topic "sniping" posts from the other thread to here, so when that's done (tomorrow - off to bed now) there will only be one "sniping" thread left, I promise, which is this one :)

As far as this thread is concerned, perhaps you could suggest how it would be best managed? Richard clearly has a 'bee in his bonnet', and is like a dog with a bone, so how do I 'address' this other than ignoring him or banning him?

The second last option is extremely difficult, and the last one I'm loathe to do and will simply be a last resort.

Your suggestions are most welcomed :cool:

Marco.

Marco
06-07-2009, 07:29
I've still to get time to transfer the off-topic "sniping" posts from the other thread to here...

'Tis done, Chris. The other thread is now 'uninfected' :)

Hopefully when the air has cleared between the two Titans, something good will come of it.

Meanwhile I hope everyone realises that this is just a blip and not a taste of the future of this site.

Absolutely not! Let me make this crystal clear to everyone. Richard obviously had some things he wanted to get off his chest, so we allowed him to do that. That's what yesterday's 'sparring' was all about.

But now that's done and dusted, he'll have to decide whether he wishes to remain a part of our community or not, because in order for that to happen Richard will be required to contribute positively and constructively to discussions from now on and not simply use this site as a vehicle to rant at what he dislikes/disagrees with.

The sort of interactions he's been having with the likes of AnthonyTD and DSJR are the benchmark of what is required, where the accent is on mutual help and understanding and not confrontation :cool:

Therefore once this thread has served its purpose it will be locked.

Marco.

chris@panteg
06-07-2009, 07:34
Can i just suggest ' Marco and Richard if you be a little more tollerant of each other's view's or agree to dissagree ' Marco i like the look of your system and your leftfield approach to building a system.

But i also like richard's ideas and approach (phono 2 especially) and he does have 30 years or so in the trade, maybe he does have an agenda ' perhaps years of exposure to the Great Ivor T have taken its toll , be good for this forum if you can somehow patch things up between you.

Marco
06-07-2009, 07:36
I completely agree, Chris, and will do as you ask :smoking:

Marco.

chris@panteg
06-07-2009, 08:17
Why not a bake off then Richard ' ?

Marco's SUT and valve pre vs your Phono 2 or reference phono come on lets finnish this and put it to bed and then have beer :cool:

Marco
06-07-2009, 08:37
I'd love that, but it won't happen Chris because Richard is still smarting from yesterday's 'tussle', stubbornly remaining in cloud cuckoo-land and too pig-headed to realise that he was dealt a bloody nose, and so should take it like a man and move on ;)

Thing is, he'll have to move on or he'll be gone... AOS does not exist for the purpose of him ranting at whatever/whoever he dislikes. I do hope that you're listening, Richard!

Marco.

WikiBoy
06-07-2009, 09:05
Why not a bake off then Richard ' ?

Marco's SUT and valve pre vs your Phono 2 or reference phono come on lets finnish this and put it to bed and then have beer :cool:

There is a minor problem with this Chris, after seeing the threats of violence and what can only be described as manic behaviour in threads and published PMs on other forums, do I really want a person like this in my house and in the company of my wife. Well the answer is no! I am sure that will mean that dictatorship will be applied and I wont be here anymore, the last resort of any bully if it is in their power, 'cos in the long run that is all it is about - power!

And anyway for me the problem is not about which is best, though it would be a good test and experience that I might suggest as a Bake-Off at Pink Fish. I am happy to accept some people will prefer a SUT, good for them. It will be a synergy thing probably (might even be entirely) due to using valves.

Now I would say even despite the new bottlehead bullshit polluting the industy (note I am talking about the bullshit words, not the product) they still represent well under 30% of the high end analogue systems out there. So to state that a SUT is the *ONLY* way to do it is bizzare to say the least.

The matter ends if he states he was wrong in his post and other people do it other ways, but that his preference is...... that would be normal behaviour, and that is all I have done.

Marco
06-07-2009, 09:12
More blinkered nonsense without being in possession of all the facts.

The matter ends if he states... {Blah, blah}.

No, the matter ends when I decide the forum has had enough of your self-preening agendas and tunnel vison way of looking at things, so raise your game and start contributing constructively. We've all heard what your 'issues' are and are bored of them now. We gave you a chance to 'clear the air', but that's now over.

Richard, you need to learn who makes the rules here and who abides by them. Clue: you occupy the latter role.

Now, if there's anymore of this crap from you it will simply be deleted and the thread locked. I think we can all predict the outcome... ;)

Marco.

WikiBoy
06-07-2009, 09:26
EDIT - I forgot, I Should Coco is bringing his SL10 / SME / Audionote Io Ltd (which I call the magic cartridge) to the bake-off at my place next Saturday. We have already had this discussion, he is bringing his SUTs and I am providing an MM Phono2 for him to plug into, plus we will try it direct into the MC Phono2. So this very test is being made, and an Io Ltd is probably the most difficult test of all. It will be very interesting as the Io Ltd is an astonisingly interesting cartridge. BUT I.S.C. is an interesting character who I look forward to meeting as he is now playing with old Japanese 4 channel strain gauge cartridges - a real anorack after my own heart - and he uses valves (lol)

So I recommend members here to go to the two bake-off thread at PF over the next two weeks, it will surely be very enlightening.

chris@panteg
06-07-2009, 09:42
Yes Richard i will be keeping an eye on that .

The IO ltd is an astonishing thing , silly money but what the hell ' when you think how much the new Radikal and urika cost :scratch:

Mr. C
07-07-2009, 06:54
That should be interesting day,
Pete is one of the few chaps on any forum that actually knows what he is talking about, it should rewrite Richards philosophy in some small manner.

StanleyB
07-07-2009, 07:57
I have had about four emails from so called owners and moderators on Head-Fi asking if want good review there.
Thank you for mentioning this. I refused to take part in the shill and then the backlash, dirty tricks, and attempt to damage my name and reputation was unleashed. A pity that many believed and still believe the propaganda and my sales of the TC-7520 got affected, even though it is far superior in price and performance to 'the other DACs' who had no problem no doubt in being generous with free samples etc.

However, Marco did not believe and fall for that nonsense, and in my eyes he is a great guy ...when sober;).

Stan

WikiBoy
07-07-2009, 08:59
Thank you for mentioning this. I refused to take part in the shill and then the backlash, dirty tricks, and attempt to damage my name and reputation was unleashed. A pity that many believed and still believe the propaganda and my sales of the TC-7520 got affected, even though it is far superior in price and performance to 'the other DACs' who had no problem no doubt in being generous with free samples etc.

However, Marco did not believe and fall for that nonsense, and in my eyes he is a great guy ...when sober;).

Stan

It is very easy to support someone who supports you.

BUT there is always the "next best thing" and children are fickle. How will you react then?

BTW I think your DAC is very good, listening to the new one that Jerry brought round a couple months ago convinced me to not bother making a DAC. I still have an old nva DACon from the early 90's and that has the edge in some areas but is so close as to be pointless, PLUS the parts are out of production now, PLUS if I could put it back into production it would cost at least twice yours. So good work - keep it up.

Regarding industry politics, yes it is crap, but no where near as bad as it used to be. Can you imagine producing this in the 1980s / early 1990s and IT pronouncing it as "shite", so the reviewers and magazines would tow the line, the flat earth retailers would laugh at you - you have no on-line sales to fall back on - so basically you are dead. It happened to so many good companies and products it is frightening!

StanleyB
07-07-2009, 09:34
Can you imagine producing this in the 1980s / early 1990s and IT pronouncing it as "shite", so the reviewers and magazines would tow the line, the flat earth retailers would laugh at you - you have no on-line sales to fall back on - so basically you are dead. It happened to so many good companies and products it is frightening!
Oh boy, do I remember those days. I still got some pieces of equipment that did not make the grade in the eyes of many reviewers then, but now command a hefty price on places like eBay etc. This I put down to partly the fact that so few were sold because of the bad reviews all those years ago.

Stan

WikiBoy
07-07-2009, 09:50
Oh boy, do I remember those days. I still got some pieces of equipment that did not make the grade in the eyes of many reviewers then, but now command a hefty price on places like eBay etc. This I put down to partly the fact that so few were sold because of the bad reviews all those years ago.

Stan

And yet *some people* still want to get involved with the slurping buggers.

What comes around goes around :mental:

DSJR
07-07-2009, 13:06
Oh the anger and the bitterness...;)

I can only apologise as one of the first wave of "new recruits." I don't think I was quite as bad as some, as I always had doubts, but when I look back I cringe with embarrassment..

I like to think that people can grow and develop with experiences and maturity - I hope I did...... However, a person whom I knew to be blind, blinkered and even bigoted in the eighties was apparently exactly the same twenty years later, according to a mutual acquaintance.

Steve Toy
07-07-2009, 14:42
BUT there is always the "next best thing" and children are fickle. How will you react then?

Richard,

I would really like to know what the "next best thing" is likely to be in terms of DACs. Is it always what Marco is currently using or trying out?

If so then the Beresford DAC would never have featured here so strongly in the first place.

Do you know what DAC Marco uses?

I'll give you a clue - it isn't a Beresford and never has been.

Steve Toy
07-07-2009, 14:46

Stan

The owner of a certain very large US-based forum plastered with advertising (not just Google ads) was banned by me on entry to this site as he was attempting to register. I don't think I need to say any more than that.

Marco is always sober - he's one off those Mediterranean types who consumes only in moderation. Quite boring really ;)

And yet *some people* still want to get involved with the slurping buggers.

What comes around goes around :mental:

Quite.

Marco
07-07-2009, 15:01
Richard,

I would really like to know what the "next best thing" is likely to be in terms of DACs. Is it always what Marco is currently using or trying out?

If so then the Beresford DAC would never have featured here so strongly in the first place.

Steve, I don't think that Richard was referring to me.

Marco.

Steve Toy
07-07-2009, 15:03
I thought that perhaps he was given similar references he's made in recent days.

WikiBoy
07-07-2009, 15:06
Richard,

Why do you presume I am talking about Marco - is Marco a Child?

Your presumption tells many tales.

Marco
07-07-2009, 15:07
Yup, only Richard knows. But it's not how I read it :)

Marco.

Marco
07-07-2009, 15:09
...is Marco a Child?

Yesh, daddee... :kiss:

Steve Toy
07-07-2009, 15:14
Why do you presume I am talking about Marco - is Marco a Child?

Your presumption tells many tales.

As I said.... similar references in recent days.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

Mr. C
07-07-2009, 15:58
Many of Richard's posts adorn our workshop it makes us smile when we are down

Marco
07-07-2009, 15:59
Have you got them framed?

Marco.

markf
07-07-2009, 16:05
"Do you know what DAC Marco uses?"

My first guess would be Technics,but I don't think they made a DAC,so it will
probably be a DAC from one of the other big Japanese electronic companies Panasonic,
Pioneer, etc

Marco
07-07-2009, 16:09
Hi Mark,

Here's a clue... Read my signature below! :lolsign:

Marco.

WikiBoy
07-07-2009, 16:20
As I said.... similar references in recent days.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

Show me where, I mostly only saw insults coming the other way. It looks like history is being re-written yet again.

Mike
07-07-2009, 16:22
do I really want a person like this in my house and in the company of my wife.

He's actually quite pleasant and harmless in real life, Richard, I wouldn't worry. :)

He'd certainly be no match for your, err, "big hara"! ;)

Marco
07-07-2009, 16:42
Show me where, I mostly only saw insults coming the other way. It looks like history is being re-written yet again.

Let's leave it right there, people. I'm not going through more of that pish again! :drugs:

Mikey, stop spoiling the image - I'm s'posed to be a psycho :chainsaw:

Marco.

anthonyTD
07-07-2009, 17:23
alas tiss true!
he's a big pussy cat in real life...:eyebrows:
seriously, the marco i have gotten to know in person is nothing like the character he may sometimes [unintentionaly:confused:] portray on forums.
A...

Steve Toy
07-07-2009, 17:47
Naah! He's a bleedin' nutcase. Lock up your daughters/wives etc. :D

Richard, I think you are being a bit of a drama queen on this one. Either that or you've lent an ear to the shit stirrers. Apart from one forum and one freeby (...) we enjoy good and co-operative relations with admin of other forums - even swapping info about troublesome posters...

Ian Walker
07-07-2009, 18:57
alas tiss true!
he's a big pussy cat in real life...:eyebrows:
seriously, the marco i have gotten to know in person is nothing like the character he may sometimes [unintentionaly:confused:] portray on forums.
A...

Yesh...Yesh he'sh a big Jessy really and gets dressed up as Betty on Sundays:lol:Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mike
07-07-2009, 19:07
gets dressed up as Betty on Sundays

Liar! :steam:

Mike
07-07-2009, 19:07
He does it MUCH more often! :lolsign:

Marco
07-07-2009, 19:23
Noooo... Ian's right.

It's Betty on Sunday, Matilda on Monday, Teresa on Tuesday, Wendy on Wednesday, Trudie on Thursday, Fanny on Friday...

On Saturday I have a break and go out in my Batman outfit :lol:

Marco.

Snoopdog
07-07-2009, 19:55
Noooo... Ian's right.

It's Betty on Sunday, Matilda on Monday, Teresa on Tuesday, Wendy on Wednesday, Trudie on Thursday, Fanny on Friday...

On Saturday I have a break and go out in my Batman outfit :lol:

Marco.

At Christmas you could always eat, drink and be Mary!

Spectral Morn
07-07-2009, 20:00
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Regards D S D L

speakers-1989
07-07-2009, 20:32
I'm sitting down with a nice large bucket of KFC enjoying this thread. This thread is like a movie!!:lol:

Mike
07-07-2009, 20:45
I'm sitting down with a nice large bucket of KFC enjoying this thread.

Giz a bit! :popcorn:

RobHolt
07-07-2009, 22:28
Reading attacks on the audio press gets a bit tedious at times.
We've had stuff reviewed in three printed UK mainstream magazines (inc HFW), one Japanese magazine and one online mag. Nobody has ever demanded money in exchange for a good write-up and the people associated have always been both friendly and helpful, particularly Noel Keywood, Alan Sircom, and Paul Messenger.

One of them (HFW) asked if we'd consider advertising with them and we said no for the present time, but possibly at a future date. That hasn't stopped them mentioning and recommending AS stuff to readers in the printed responses to queries.

Some people need to discard the baggage.

WikiBoy
08-07-2009, 09:12
Aaah yes, you still don't like the idea of admin actively participating in discussions, outlining their experiences and stating their opinions just like everyone else. You regard that as the management dictating to everyone some kind of editorial line. Until the next best thing comes along etc.

You think Marco is unsafe around women and children cos somebody told you so.

In these respects no progress has been made, I agree.

Dictating to member and talking about alternatives are two completely different things.

Do I have to repeat the post that started this - yet again! It is dictating and saying there are no alternatives! If it was just opinion I would have no problem with it. If admin didn't abuse their power and run roughshod over members opinions yet again I would have no problem with it

Steve Toy
08-07-2009, 15:03
For the record I have considered getting a Technics deck (when funds allow) and my mind is open as to the cart and phono stage permutations. Marco's route is just one option. I also have a low(ish) output valve phono stage built into my AOS pre. For simplicity I may just go for a MM cart... Marco has never dictated to me other than to hear the various options before parting with any money.

markf
08-07-2009, 15:51
Steve,
forget the SPPV and check out the Brinkamm Oasis.

Marco
08-07-2009, 15:59
{Thread pruned and 'noise' removed}

Goodness me, I go out for the day and all this nonsense goes on...

What, you mean Marco, because any *normal* reading of the thread and the originator thread will show this.

Again any *normal* person reading the forum can see my point about trade members.

Richard, you don't have the faintest clue what the word "normal" means - you are without question the most abnormal person I've ever encountered - a veritable 'fruitloop'. Unfortunately, there's no other word for it.

I am now locking this thread, as I warned you that your participation here is on the understanding that you behave yourself and that you contribute to discussions constructively.

The utterly blinkered and ludicrous bullshit written earlier here by you does not remotely qualify as such, so either shape up or ship out. You need to absorb into your concrete-stubborn skull once and for all who's in charge here, and show some respect. Any further evidence of you not doing so and you will be gone.

I suggest that you take some time out to think about this carefully.

Marco.