PDA

View Full Version : Busy, busy, busy

Firebottle
22-04-2014, 15:06
Been messing with lots of thing just now.
Finished repairing an Audio Innovations amp, amongst other things it need a new output transformer.
Now that wasn't a small task, apart from being a big brute, access was limited for the retaining bolts.

It's on test now, along with another Firebottle phono:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt97/Paramotorpilot/P1030860.jpg

Must crack on with the remote control for the NEC amp now I've got a motorised pot.

:cool: Alan

Gordon Steadman
22-04-2014, 15:31
Nice to see you taking it easy and enjoying your leisure time:)

Audio Al
22-04-2014, 15:46
Hi Alan

I am getting my Audio Innovations 500 amp back tomorrow after a checkup and repair , Looking forward being reunited :D

Does the 500 you have at the moment still have the perspex plate with it ? , My amp did not come with one :(

Firebottle
22-04-2014, 16:03
No perspex plate with this one, nor the bottom cover.
It's a third party repair so I'm hoping the owner has still got the cover. It's a bit hazardous without it if you want to move it whilst it's on :eek:

I had to guess what the input switching was, the most right hand knob is the input selector, the next one is the Tape/source switch. It came in a bit loud when I got the right combination :eyebrows:

Gordon - this is my leisure ;)

sumday
22-04-2014, 18:58
yes sir, my idea of heaven.
missus out or in bed, soldering station up to temp, tools all over the shop, full pac of cigs, can of stella and some old piece of kit in bits ready for surgery!!!!