PDA

View Full Version : Avondale Audio

rody
08-04-2014, 08:58
Would any one know if Avondale Audio is still operating ?,website not the same, no info of amps available etc
Has anyone had any problems with them in the past , when ordering .

loo
08-04-2014, 09:14
I bought some caps from Les at Avondale a few weeks ago and can report
He was his usual helpful self , I think the web page had a facelift a while ago

337alant
08-04-2014, 13:11
Les is operating as normal AFAIK and the web site is looking better than ever I think, he has just upgraded his NCC 200 amp modules to ver 1.4 and brought out some nice power amp regulation modules the HRC 200, chatting to him at a bake off he seems very enthusiastic about developing new products, says he has a new NCC 300 amplifier module coming out soon so that sounds very interesting.
I bought some parts from him the other week and they arrived very quickly so no problems for me
I have used lots of his amplifier module in the past and it is bullet proof design and excellent quality you wont be disappointed
I am in the process of building a pair of mono block power amps with his NCC200 and VBE modules
I think its best if you give him a ring direct about building an amplifier for you
Tel: +44 (0) 1246 200096

Alan

chrism
08-04-2014, 15:04
Les is great to deal with and very helpful.

I find that its best to ring him if you can as he gets bombarded with emails.

That new power amp board looks very tempting!

Regards

Floyddroid
14-04-2014, 21:42
Les Wolstenholme attended two of our Bake Off's in the North East and he was a fascinating man to talk to and a genleman to boot. A hifi/musical legend methinks.

Pete The Cat
15-04-2014, 20:33
Seconded. I was an Exposure advocate until I came across my wonderful Avondale M1 Monoblocs.

Pete

chris@panteg
17-04-2014, 06:11
I used to have a Concordant Exemplar 100w power amp designed and built by Les for Doug Dunlop, excellent bit of kit .

YNWaN
17-04-2014, 08:07
Would any one know if Avondale Audio is still operating ?,website not the same, no info of amps available etc
Has anyone had any problems with them in the past , when ordering .

Avondale Audio are absolutely certainly still operating. I've had a couple of bits delivered from them in the last month and service was very prompt. I'm not a fan of everything Avondale do but the TPR4 they sent me last week is absolutely first class in every way.

The website is in the process of being modernised and updated - telephone Les to discuss any queries you may have.
------
Les is still making the amplifier boards and they are on the website. However, Witch Hat Audio seem to have licensed, or adopted, the actual making of the amplifiers. Witch Hat call them the Moonlight range of amps but they appear to use all Avondale internals.