PDA

View Full Version : New Posts

Markiii
10-03-2014, 18:23
More a question than feedback

Is there any way to filter new posts so that I don't have to view the seemingly endless Trade Posts?

I joined because it was an enthusiasts forum, and lately its getting a bit much wading through the mountain of trade adverts that seems to have become the norm?

Beechwoods
10-03-2014, 18:33
Not directly. But you can add individual members to your Ignore list via your UserCP. This suppresses their posts wherever you might come across them.

Markiii
10-03-2014, 18:45
good point, I guess that works so long as no-one else posts in the trade thread

Yomanze
10-03-2014, 19:11
More a question than feedback

Is there any way to filter new posts so that I don't have to view the seemingly endless Trade Posts?

I joined because it was an enthusiasts forum, and lately its getting a bit much wading through the mountain of trade adverts that seems to have become the norm?

Not something I've ever noticed? There are healthy trade forums here, but not overwhelming assume you are using Tapatalk or a forum reader? Try subscribing to threads or commenting on the ones you are interested in so you can make the most of the 'participated' viewing options.

Marco
10-03-2014, 19:46
Yup, Neil, good point :)

Mark, it depends on how you use the forum. You can completely avoid the content of the trade room if you don't use the 'New Posts' function, which as you know takes you through every single post made since you last visited, including a whole bunch of stuff you probably aren't interested in.

I simply log onto the homepage and jump to my favourite sections of the forum, where any thread that has received new posts since my last visit will have had its title highlighted/emboldened, and so I just go there and have a look at what's new - simples! :cool:

Marco.

Markiii
10-03-2014, 20:05
thanks, yes the challenge is historically I've been interested in everything, :)

synsei
10-03-2014, 20:43
Marco's method should work for you Mark however don't be too fussy otherwise there's always the chance you may miss something interesting elsewhere... ;)