PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to hook up my system

alexm84
28-02-2014, 14:39
Hi all,

I built the Seas idunn kit speakers and bought a Topping TP60 amp to run them.

My old yamaha receiver doesn't have any pre-outs and i was wondering what the best option would be.

I have a media player, PS3, TV and will get a Bluray/CD player down the track that will all be connected and i want to run through these speakers (don't have surround sound at the moment as our current house has no theatre room).

As i still want to be able to change volume with a remote when watching TV or using the media player. Is my best option just to get a receiver that has pre outs that i can connect to the TP60?

I don't know much about pre amps etc but from what i can see they all have volume pots. So if i have all my sources connected to a pre amp and then through the power amp i wont have remote volume control. Is this right?

Was looking at getting a Marantz receiver as they all have pre-outs. Can i have some opinions on whether this is the right way to go or how you think i should setup my system.

Sorry for the silly questions as i'm only just getting into all this gear now.

Thanks

mr sneff
28-02-2014, 22:43
If you got a preamp with sufficient inputs and remote control would that answer your needs?

alexm84
01-03-2014, 00:06
If you got a preamp with sufficient inputs and remote control would that answer your needs?

Yeah i guess so. I'm so used to having a receiver run everything but i guess there is no need for them when you run pre/power amps.

I have been looking at heaps of pre's but its hard to know what one.

A marantz receiver with pre outs would cost me around $400-$500. Do you think i could pickup a preamp that has a remote for that sort of price? This should sound better than just running of a receiver pre out too hey?

Thanks

alexm84
03-03-2014, 03:11
Can anyone tell me if the Adcom GTP-600 is OK? There is one going cheap near where i live.