PDA

View Full Version : speaker issue

vinyljunky
23-02-2014, 09:55
help just got a goldnote cd player on demo wired every thing up correctly only have sound coming from the left speaker switched to the turntable same thing also swapped out speaker cable with amp on wondering if that has caused a problem:scratch:everything was working yesterday

Macca
23-02-2014, 10:03
swap the speaker cables round - if right speaker is still silent it is the speaker - if not it is your amp.

vinyljunky
23-02-2014, 10:05
ps swapped speakers over now the left hand speaker is not working must be speaker fault the speakers are pmc db1i anyone out there know someone who does speaker repairs

vinyljunky
23-02-2014, 11:00
martin swapped speaker cables over right speaker still silent like you say must be speakers lifes a crap shute and your stuck under it ps martin know anyone who does speaker repairs they are pmc db1is i am in north east england prepared to post them ps martin top guy thanks for the reply bit of a newbie with hi end hifi been collecting vinyl all my life though

Macca
23-02-2014, 11:14
No idea about the north-east, only been there the once.

I'm guessing wildly now but if there is no sound through any of the drivers then it is probably not the drivers but the crossover - you must have made something go bang. Surprising really as I would have thought a PMC would be more rugged than that with them being a pro-audio manufacturer and that. Still, better a crossover component goes than a driver.

Try a place that does disco lighting and PA stuff, they will usually have a double E on call who can take a look at it for you. Otherwise contact PMC and send it back to them for a fix.

vinyljunky
23-02-2014, 12:14
thanks martin wont need the diy suicide kit now at least i can still breathe

Macca
23-02-2014, 12:39
One thing occurred to me just is that it could be a protection fuse has blown on the speaker. You don't see them used much nowadays but maybe worth checking in the manual.

vinyljunky
23-02-2014, 16:25
seems like both speakers have packed up haven't got a manual but see if there is one online the speakers are less than 2yrs old got some old morduant short avant 902s on and they seem to be working the joys of hifi i bought the pmcs 2nd hand so dont think iwould have any warranty:(

vinyljunky
27-02-2014, 20:14
aidrian from audioflair put some voltage across the speakers seemed to show a fault he stripped them down could not find a fault assembled them then wired them up to his amp and now all of a sudden they are working again strange:scratch:i think the speakers have been to the twilight zone don't care as long as they work