PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Research UK charity sale at Scalford Hifi Show

jandl100
19-02-2014, 07:29
I know that some AOSers plan to go to the Scalford Show on 2nd March, but don't necessarily keep an eye on the Wigwam forum, so I'll post this here as well ....

Hi folks, in parallel with Robin's excellent raffle on behalf of a cancer support charity in memory of Wammer Roy 'oldfogey', I am holding a sale on behalf of the charity Cancer Research UK.

I will be donating many excellent CDs and LPs of my own (many, but not all, classical) as well as a fair few hifi accessories, but you are all invited to bring along items for sale on the day as well. :thumbsup:

The sale will beheld in the Simpson Room on the 1st floor (Phil 'The Count's room with his superb Snell A speakers and Viva amp).
There will be an adjacent Honesty Box and ALL money received will be donated to the charity.

So - you are invited to come along and buy stuff;
And - you are invited to bring stuff along to donate to the sale with a 'guide price' (I plan to bring a roll of Cancer Research UK sticky price labels) - e.g. CDs and LPs, hifi bits etc - nothing too large, please, unless you promise to take it away again if it doesn't sell!
If an item you donate hasn't sold by the end of the day (or by when you leave), feel free to take it away again!

Any goods not sold or claimed back by 5.30 2nd March will be sold by other means on behalf of the charity or otherwise disposed of.

Feel free to post here or on the HifiWigwam thread (http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?101909-Cancer-Research-UK-charity-sale-at-Scalford) about any donated items you plan to bring along!

I will be donating for sale ...
- hifi accessories including turntable accessories (LP weights, some fancy LP mats, cartridge alignment gauge)
- speaker and interconnect and other cables (no, some good stuff, not just cheap tat! ;)), an audiophile CD mat or two.
- lots of CDs and LPs (many, but not all, classical)
- other stuff

Payment options --- cash! - cheque (payable to Cancer Research UK) - PayPal to me at JANDL100 @ HOTMAIL.COM, IOU (yes, I trust you! - but leave an IOU note with details :))

The Grand Wazoo
19-02-2014, 07:59
A fine gesture Jerry.
I hope your honesty box attracts generous givers and that no-one dodges it.

Tarzan
19-02-2014, 08:06
x2 Well done Jerry.:)

jandl100
24-02-2014, 13:24
Some of the hifi accessories that will be available for sale ....

http://s25.postimg.org/pose9mnov/DSCF9609.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Including a Resomat LP mat, LP weight, Shure scales, geometry gauge, copper foil speaker cables, LP cleaner, a couple of audiophile CD mats and a small remote controlled DVD player. :)

keiths
24-02-2014, 16:34
I think it's great that you are organising this Jerry. Unfortunately I won't be at Scalford so I can't donate anything for you to sell nor buy anything - so I've sent a donation to your Paypal account instead.

jandl100
24-02-2014, 17:03
I think it's great that you are organising this Jerry. Unfortunately I won't be at Scalford so I can't donate anything for you to sell nor buy anything - so I've sent a donation to your Paypal account instead.

You have indeed.
What can I say? I have to confess it has brought tears to my eyes. :)
What a wonderful gesture.

Thank you so much, it will be donated to Cancer Research UK tomorrow. :thumbsup:

jandl100
28-02-2014, 11:37
I'll also be donating for sale a Philips CD630 CD player with the rather special TDA1541A chip. :)

-- as eulogised by that Lampizator chappie .... http://lampizator.eu/lampizator/references/Philips%20CD630/Philips%20CD-630%20CD%20player%20with%20TDA1541A%20DAC.html

It'll be £35 - works fine, but no remote handset included.

A fine CDP for silly-low money. :thumbsup:

jandl100
28-02-2014, 21:32
And another very generous AOSer who is unable to go to the Scalford Show has made a cash donation to me with PayPal.

What a great forum this is. :cheers:
_____

(I donate the cash at the Monmouth branch of the charity and PM the donor a photo of the receipt. :))

jandl100
04-03-2014, 16:00
For obvious reasons, I've been doing most of my postings about the charity sale on the Wigwam forum.

But just to keep you folks up to date .....

I've now received all monies currently committed to - and the resulting total is an astonishing £432.06.

When I first planned the Scalford Show sale on behalf of the charity I thought that £100-£150 would be a nice total to reach.

So £432.06 is a stunning achievement on the part of the Wigwam Show & both forums, imho. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who contributed. :cheers:

Reffc
04-03-2014, 20:18
Well done Jerry for such excellent work for such a worthy cause :clapclapclap: