PDA

View Full Version : TT for revolution #9 & Stiarways to Heaven

niklasthedolphin
22-06-2009, 08:47
In continental Northern Europe, we have a huge discount supermarket chain named ALDI.
Right now they apparently are selling a TT, not an expensiveone nor for super high end sound, but aimed at those who never got the chance listening to:

Beatles Revolution #9
Satanic messages in some Death Metal
Led Zeppelins Stairways to Heaven
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
D : A : D - Son Of A Gun
Hendrix when his guitar is behind his back
Pink Floyd, "Empty Spaces," at the end of Good-bye Blue Sky
Iron Maiden, "Piece of Mind" at the start of Still Life
Electric Light Orchestra, "Face the Music" at the start of the song Fire on High
Linkin Park - Push Me Away
Britney Spears - Baby one more time

.................and a lot other so called backmasking.

The most obvious is the led Zeppelin example.
Q.:
"Led Zeppelin - “Stairway to Heaven” This famous Led Zeppelin track sits at the pinnacle of controversial backmasked songs. The verse in which Robert Plant sings, “"If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow/Don’t be alarmed now,/Its just a for the may queen./Yes, there are two paths you can go by/But in the long run/There’s still time to change the road you’re on” sounds like, “Oh here's to my sweet Satan./The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan./He will give those with him six six six./There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan” when played backwards. The accusations began in 1982 when an outspoken Baptist claimed over the radio that the song contained subliminal reverse messages. The band has paid little heed to these accusations save for Plant who said in an interview, “To me it's very sad, because 'Stairway to Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music.” Whether this backwards message was placed with malicious intent or not it is still hard to deny that it sounds quite genuine when one listens to a reverse recording while reading the supposed lyrics."
Q. ends.

Now for the TT

http://www.aldi.dk/OFFER_DK_SA/OFFER_26/BILD04.JPG

Link to the page (http://www.aldi.dk/OFFER_DK_SA/OFFER_26/OFF04.SHTML)

Please let us know your experiences with similar attempts of revealing these backward masked tunes.

:lolsign:

"dolph"

chris@panteg
22-06-2009, 10:19
I am lost for words :lol: quality '

The Grand Wazoo
22-06-2009, 10:24
Titter ye not,
This is exactly what I've been looking for for years - a TT made for left-handers!

Ali Tait
22-06-2009, 11:40
I'll second that.Left-handers of the world unite! :)

DSJR
22-06-2009, 14:16
What about cack-handers like me? - No, don't go there..

Barry
22-06-2009, 15:53
In continental Northern Europe, we have a huge discount supermarket chain named ALDI.
Right now they apparently are selling a TT, not an expensiveone nor for super high end sound, but aimed at those who never got the chance listening to:

Beatles Revolution #9
Satanic messages in some Death Metal
Led Zeppelins Stairways to Heaven
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
D : A : D - Son Of A Gun
Hendrix when his guitar is behind his back
Pink Floyd, "Empty Spaces," at the end of Good-bye Blue Sky
Iron Maiden, "Piece of Mind" at the start of Still Life
Electric Light Orchestra, "Face the Music" at the start of the song Fire on High
Linkin Park - Push Me Away
Britney Spears - Baby one more time

.................and a lot other so called backmasking.

The most obvious is the led Zeppelin example.
Q.:
"Led Zeppelin - “Stairway to Heaven” This famous Led Zeppelin track sits at the pinnacle of controversial backmasked songs. The verse in which Robert Plant sings, “"If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow/Don’t be alarmed now,/Its just a for the may queen./Yes, there are two paths you can go by/But in the long run/There’s still time to change the road you’re on” sounds like, “Oh here's to my sweet Satan./The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan./He will give those with him six six six./There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan” when played backwards. The accusations began in 1982 when an outspoken Baptist claimed over the radio that the song contained subliminal reverse messages. The band has paid little heed to these accusations save for Plant who said in an interview, “To me it's very sad, because 'Stairway to Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music.” Whether this backwards message was placed with malicious intent or not it is still hard to deny that it sounds quite genuine when one listens to a reverse recording while reading the supposed lyrics."
Q. ends.

Now for the TT

http://www.aldi.dk/OFFER_DK_SA/OFFER_26/BILD04.JPG

Link to the page (http://www.aldi.dk/OFFER_DK_SA/OFFER_26/OFF04.SHTML)

Please let us know your experiences with similar attempts of revealing these backward masked tunes.

:lolsign:

"dolph"

There were several 'left handed' record decks made between the mid sixties and mid seventies. My copy of the 1971 Hi Fi Year Book shows a photograph of at least one: the Sansui SR 4040. :lol:

Talking of 'hidden' messages at the end of records - can anyone tell me what is being said in the locked lead out groove at the end of Side 2 of the Beatles' 'Sgt Pepper'? :scratch:

Barry

hifi_dave
22-06-2009, 18:44
Oh come on - everyone knows that. :scratch:

Beechwoods
22-06-2009, 19:13
Talking of 'hidden' messages at the end of records - can anyone tell me what is being said in the locked lead out groove at the end of Side 2 of the Beatles' 'Sgt Pepper'? :scratch:

You may find the answer here, Barry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHCA967gvA

Hardly conclusive mind you :)

Barry
22-06-2009, 22:06
You may find the answer here, Barry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHCA967gvA

Hardly conclusive mind you :)

The bit I am referring to occurs at 5:13 into 'A Day In The Life', after the final piano chord. I can't make it out despite repeated listening on headphones - and no, I can't be bothered to record it and play it backwards.

The only time I have gone to any trouble over 'hidden' messages was to play 'Several Species of Furry Animals Gathered in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict' (off Pink Floyd's 'Ummagumma') at half speed (16 2/3rpm - the wonders of the Thorens 124 !) in order to hear Roger Waters say: "Hmm, that was rather avant garde wasn't it?"

Barry