PDA

View Full Version : Spread sheet for UK Record Outlets.

Qwin
02-02-2014, 12:19
Wanting to gauge interest in putting together a list of UK Record Outlets.

It would probably be an excel spread sheet, with entries including contact details/address and data sorted by post code so you can find outlets in your area. A comments section which would show the member/s that made the comments. I would expect people to list what types of vinyl are kept, eg New/used and Genres, Jazz, Punk etc. Don't just list shops, list market stalls and dealers that only do the vinyl fairs. Comment on pricing and quality, if you can here records played before purchase (for used quality).

Thats the idea.

What do folks think?

Any suggestions on what info should/should not be listed, format etc?

I have put together a brief example of the type of thing I am talking about based on the folks I use and linked here:

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Pics/UK_Record_Shops.xls

MartinT
02-02-2014, 17:41
Ken - use the Data filter to allow each column to be sorted, e.g. for partial postcode.

I also strongly suggest that you put it in a SkyDrive account with a read-only share to link to. In this way, it can be opened in Excel for those of us who have it, and opened in WebExcel for those who haven't. You can also send a read/write link to a few trusted individuals so that it can be enhanced and added to.

Kember
02-02-2014, 19:11
Ken

Good idea! Thank you.

I'd be happy to contribute.

Best

Peter

Marco
07-02-2014, 18:29
Anything happening with this, chaps?

:popcorn:

Marco.

Qwin
07-03-2014, 17:59
I was going to put something together in excel but my old version is no longer supported and won't open the latest file versions - Damn you Gates. :D

Never used Skydrive.

MartinT
07-03-2014, 18:39
Ken - I'm sure I've suggested this before, but if you open a Microsoft account (which is free) you get 7GB of OneDrive (previously SykDrive) cloud storage. This allows you to create a spreadsheet and use the web version of Excel, meaning that you could share a link when you're ready and anyone can open it in web Excel irrespective of whether they have the software or not. It's an excellent way to share a spreadsheet. Just make that share read-only if you intend to maintain it yourself.