PDA

View Full Version : Why you should avoid a good hifi supplier

MikeMusic
29-01-2014, 12:07
Speaking to one of my suppliers just now* on the phone brought back to me Tony Robins's words and I paraphrase to fit suppliers

Aim for "Average" and you get poor
Aim for "Good" and you get average
Aim for "Excellent" and you get good

You have to aim for Outstanding to get excellent

This is the world writ large

I'm very glad to say all the suppliers I've dealt with and spoken to on AoS have been Excellent and from what I have seen the ones I have not dealt with (yet) give that impression too.

*He did well and I was happy he rang. Thinking on he was 'good plus'

Macca
29-01-2014, 12:51
A lot of business I have worked in have been in very cut throat industries but have never been the cheapest. But we always kept the old business and took the new business as well. A salesman from a rival once said to me 'I don't know what you lot do other there but I cannot get your customers to switch even though we are 20% cheaper'

All we were doing was offereing a competent service and sorting out problems the same day. Not rocket science but it put us head and shoulders over the others.

MikeMusic
29-01-2014, 15:53
A lot of business I have worked in have been in very cut throat industries but have never been the cheapest. But we always kept the old business and took the new business as well. A salesman from a rival once said to me 'I don't know what you lot do other there but I cannot get your customers to switch even though we are 20% cheaper'

All we were doing was offereing a competent service and sorting out problems the same day. Not rocket science but it put us head and shoulders over the others.

Plus there is the bonus of going home knowing you have done 'the right thing' and a good job

We're often seen as being too cheap, but I have worked the guys hard on doing it better and then doing it better and then etc.
:)

A classic line from the print industry
"there's always time for a reprint"

DSJR
29-01-2014, 17:28
Mike - most AOS long-time posters don't know what a HiFi dealer is, since they either buy mail-order or used! :lol:

Clive197
29-01-2014, 17:52
I'm going to plug a dealer I've used (except the 7 years I worked for a dealer myself) for over 40 years. Harrow Audio. I've known Richard the current owner from when he was a junior in the store and have always received exlemplary service. Having in the last year had my Cyrus streamer upgraded and buying my new Rega Aria Phonostage, the later which he was more than happy to loan me before making a final decision. When he says he will phone, he does. A truly excellent dealer.

Clive

MikeMusic
29-01-2014, 18:02
Mike - most AOS long-time posters don't know what a HiFi dealer is, since they either buy mail-order or used! :lol:

I confess I mix and match with used and dealers, and there are good guys here I'm always happy to buy from again