PDA

View Full Version : Choice between a S/H Krell FBP 700cx Power Amp or a new Krell S-550i Integrated

darkmatter
20-01-2014, 13:00
Contemplating the purchase of either one of these

One is a very high power fully featured integrated amplifier and the other some say the last of the Krell Super Power amps in a stereo chassis

Thoughts on which one to consider?

Yomanze
20-01-2014, 15:49
Either way you'll need to listen at home & decide for yourself... at the sort of budget considered, I would personally be much more interested in some classic Dan D'Agostino Krell gear, like a KSA-50 power amp & KRC-3 preamp. Sorry, not helpful really!

Floyddroid
22-01-2014, 22:47
I don't get it. Try as i might i simply don't understand what the fuss is all about with Krell amplifiers. Heard em on many occasions and in many applications and putting build quality asside find them bland and unmusical. Just my view you understand?

Marco
22-01-2014, 22:52
I agree, dude, but try listening to the vintage ones from the 70s and early 80s - different ball game! ;)

Marco.

hifinutt
25-01-2014, 17:23
my main thought would be , which is the least likely to need a repair as they are very heavy to have to send back for repair . the integrated would be personal choice