PDA

View Full Version : Silver Interconnects

webby
11-06-2009, 10:08
I came across some interconnects on Ebay a long time ago. They were handmade by a seller going by the name of johnandchris. I read some very good things about them elsewhere on the internet.

Since then I'd been unable to find them; thought maybe they'd packed up. It turned out that the sellers name is johnandchris1.

click (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/johnandchris1_W0QQ_dmdZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1)

Has anyone here used them at all?

I also found similar cables by a seller known as dogsplodge.

Click (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/dogsplodge_W0QQ_dmdZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?_rdc=1)

These look like very nice cables too.

Again, any user knowledge or experience with these?

Cheers

DaveK
11-06-2009, 14:12
Hi Webby (from sunny Sheffield),
I am no audiophile, as other members of this forum will testfy, but I have purchased a couple of silver interconnects from johnandchris1 on eBay. Having only 'bog standard' interconnects to compare the with it's diificult for me to advise you. All I can say is that I was recommended to try them by a much more knowledgable guy from whom I bought an amp - I collected it and his tiny room was filled with speakers and other paraphenalia, all coupled up and all working - several systems in the same room I guess. Maybe his room wasn't so small, just no room due to the hi-fi kit in there !! :).
However I can confirm the following about dealing with johnandchris1: -
1) I have exchanged several e-mails with John since my purchase and he is a most helpful and informative guy - something along the lines of Marco on AoS ;)
2) John offers a 'no questions' refund policy if you do not get the improvement you are looking for - he told me that he has sold over 500 of his interconnects and not had ANY returned.
My experience is that you have nothing to lose (except,maybe, a quid or two on return postage), and you may gain a lot, even if it is only a better understanding of what silver interconnects can or cannot offer - go for it and give them a try - unless you have some really exotic interconnects at the moment they will not make things sound any worse. :)
:cool:

webby
11-06-2009, 14:49
Hi Webby (from sunny Sheffield),
I am no audiophile

That's what I like about you Dave :)

Dave, what you didn't say, but I'll make the assumption, is that the johnandchris cable is better than the bog standard one.

Yes?

DaveK
11-06-2009, 16:44
Dave, what you didn't say, but I'll make the assumption, is that the johnandchris cable is better than the bog standard one.

Yes?

Hi Webby,
I did state that johnandchris1 had not had one returned from over 500 sold - that would not have been the case if I did not find mine better than the bog standard ones, you can rest assured, so your assumption is correct !!

webby
11-06-2009, 16:54
*cough

Ahem, oh yeah. Of Course :)

DaveK
11-06-2009, 21:40
Hi Webby :)
I should get that nasty cough seen to if I was you - it might be a sign of something more sinister:(