PDA

View Full Version : Croft and Eminent Audio

Marco
06-03-2008, 08:26
Guys,

I've just read this thread on Pink Fish:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45150

It would appear that Glenn Croft and Amar (of Eminent Audio) have parted company. I guess this would explain why I haven't been able to get hold of Amar for the last three weeks...

I fancied having an off-board PSU designed for my Charisma-X preamp. Anyway, 'Hi-fi Dave' on PFM appears to have the latest info, and possibly a contact number for Glenn Croft. Who here knows 'Hi-fi Dave' or is able to contact him so I can find out how to get hold of Glenn?

Or does anyone know another way of contacting him?

All advice appreciated :)

Marco.

Marco
14-03-2008, 09:57
Thanks to numerous PMs I now have the situation sorted. Thank you to all who helped :)

Marco.

jcbrum
14-03-2008, 20:39
Marco, can you tell us any news of Glenn and his move from Amar ?

Marco
14-03-2008, 21:36
Hi jc,

I'll PM you later when I get a chance :)

Good to see you here, btw. Let's see some of your, erm, 'infamous' musings on hi-fi that led to you saying 'cheerio' to PFM. I promise that won't happen to you here ;)

Be as controversial as you like (as long as you are polite) with my blessing!

Marco.

jcbrum
14-03-2008, 22:11
Well tbh I thought tony was very unfair, although I've forgiven him.

I said V*k should stick to fetish photography as I considered he was rubbish at audio engineering.

I was very flattering of the photography. I thought the whole thing was "fair comment", but apparently not so. I stand corrected and have told tony to send V my apologies. (I think he's a "big boy" really and can take it like a man ! , at least his pics indicate so !)

I've just bought a new piece of AVI kit and am setting it up as I type. I'll do a thread on it tomorrow and tell you what it sounds like.

Regards to all, JC.

Marco
14-03-2008, 22:17
Excellent :)

I've known Vuk from 'the old days' on forums. He's an interesting character to say the least!!

Oh, and please tell us about your other views on hi-fi, too, not just about AVI stuff, very interesting as it is :smoking:

Marco.

Steve Toy
15-03-2008, 02:50
Lets not discuss other forums and their members here chaps. When this happens it is me who gets it in the neck. Anyway the aforementioned is a good discerning subjectivist

Marco
15-03-2008, 08:41
Steve,

I take your point but people are entitled to their opinion, as long as it is expressed politely. Provided no-one goes 'off on one', where other forums and their members are being blatantly 'slagged off' post after post, there is no problem.

jc was entitled to comment on his experience on PFM, and now he's done it that's the end of the matter.

Anyway the aforementioned is a good discerning subjectivist

LOL. That's seriously funny and for all the wrong reasons! He's also many other things too, but we'll leave it there ;)

jc,

Over to you regarding your new AVI kit. Let's hear all about it, in a new thread! :)

This one's now closed.

Marco.