PDA

View Full Version : A very missunderstood medium

Yiangos
29-05-2009, 08:09
That's dvd video,folks.I don't know about you,but whenever i sit down and listen to dvd video (yes,dvd video not audio)i allways end my listening session with a big smile on my face.I'd go as far as to rate it much better than stock cd.I have quite a few music dvd videos and i never got disspointed from their sonics and if you don't believe me,try The Eagles Farewell Tour,live from Melbourne ! :)

chris@panteg
29-05-2009, 09:51
I know what you mean i have recently received Live in gdansk 'dave gilmour' 4 disc set from my wife to be .

And just love watching and listening to the dvd in 5.1 sound ,its just glorious .

DaveK
29-05-2009, 14:34
Hi guys,
Have you tried listening to Roy Orbison and Friends' Black and White Night on DVD - glorious IMO, but the music is music I grew up with, which perhaps tints my specs (or ears) pink.
:cool:

chris@panteg
29-05-2009, 17:32
No i have not' but i do think Roy was one of the greats .

Ali Tait
29-05-2009, 19:14
I love Roy.One of the greatest voices ever IMHO.

DaveK
29-05-2009, 19:33
Hi Ali and Chris,
Glad you both share my opinion of Roy - he was one of the best but I confess I did not expect to enjoy the Black and White Night DVD as much as I did and I would like to share the experience.
If either of you, or both, (seperately), would like to borrow it for a short while please let me have your home address.
Warning 1) I am confident that you will go out and buy your own copy, (probably before returning mine ;)) so it may prove expensive.
Warning 2) if it is not returned fairly promptly I will report you to Marco, :), and file a Defaulting Member report (like on fleabay !!) :lolsign:
:cool:

chris@panteg
29-05-2009, 20:20
:) Thats a very kind offer old chap, i think i will have look for it on play.com

Ali Tait
30-05-2009, 11:01
Seconded! With that recommendation,I'll just buy one too.Thanks muchly for the offer though.

TONEPUB
01-06-2009, 00:55
Cream at Royal Albert Hall is one of my recent favorites...

chris@panteg
01-06-2009, 09:37
Well that's one of the all time great gigs IMHO.

jandl100
05-06-2009, 08:32
Loreena McKennitt - Nights at the Alhambra. DVD Video. So good, it hurts!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nights-Alhambra-DVD-Loreena-Mckennitt/dp/B000RK73M6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1244190668&sr=1-1

.... I've also got a hundred or so classical DVD Videos. Sound quality varies with source and recording era, but there are some wonderful (and I mean spine-tinglingly awesome - at least for die-hard classical fans :)) classical DVDs out there for not much money at all.

.... live Gunter Wand Bruckner, Alfred Brendel late Schubert sonatas, Tchaikovsky symphonies conducted by Svetlanov, Glenn Gould playing Bach Goldberg Variations, Mozart Requiem with Karl Bohm .... I could go on, & on & .... :)

For (mostly) classical, have a look here http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/stubacker0_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ. Great seller based in Hong Kong. All are Chinese knock-offs, but I don't care!