PDA

View Full Version : 2 X Nimbus Super cut Records Rickie Lee Jones / Joan Armatrading

dantheman91
02-11-2013, 17:00
Hello & Welcome

I have 2 Vinyl Audiophile LP'S for Sale so Here Goes

1)

Rickie Lee Jones - Self Titled 1979

(Super Cut
Mastered and Pressed
Exclusively For Readers Of
Practical HI-FI
BY Nimbus Records

This is a stunning pressing of this classic by Rickie Lee. This is a Super-Cut Pressing by nimbus Records of Vancouver U.S.A. This press is audiophile grade and this LP NM condition & plays Superbly with no pops or crackles ETC it does however have some spine ware but perfectly acceptable . This is quite a rare item and does not come up for sale often for i'm thinking £175 plus P+P or Offers for the jem of a record that anyone needs in there collection.

Grading
Side 1 Mint
Side 2 Mint

Matrix
K56628A
K56628B

Record 2
Joan Armatrading - Self Titled A&M Records

Super Cut
Mastered and Pressed
Exclusively For Readers Of
Practical HI-FI
BY Nimbus Records

This is also an excellent must have album for any music fan. The LP itself is in stunning condition and this master is fab compared to the original by A&M. The record plays excellent with no pops crackles or jumps.
It does however also have spine ware on the sleeve. Price wise again quite rare so pricing @ £135 ONO sensible offers will be accepted.

Grading
Side 1 N/M
Side 2 N/M

Matrix

AMLH64588A

AMLH64588B

THANKS ANY QUESTIONS PM ME PHOTOS WILL BE ADDED SOON....

Audioman
02-11-2013, 17:33
I picked up the Joan Armatrading for £17 a few years ago - had the RLJ from new. Price wise I don't think these are among the more expensive Nimbus titles and last ones I noticed (some time ago) were sub £100. Best place for them is Ebay were people pay over the odds for these - let the market determine the price. My view is apart from a few titles they are over rated, though I haven't found a better sounding Joan Armatrading.

sq225917
03-11-2013, 09:21
http://www.popsike.com/RICKIE-LEE-JONES-Nimbus-Supercut-Audiophile-LP/180640673310.html

dantheman91
03-11-2013, 11:39
Hi

Thanks Simon. Very Interesting.

Audioman
03-11-2013, 11:56
As I said put them on Ebay - unfortunately 'collectors' and 'investors' are spoiling this for music fans. No sane person who wants the best sounding RLJ would pay anything like that price - The current Warner 180g cut is better sounding for £20. Haven't heard the Mo-Fi as I'm waiting the 45 rpm version. :)

DSJR
03-11-2013, 12:40
You really should keep these, as the only way to equal them sonically is in digital form (and of course that's questionable in some circles). The JA disc especially sounds amazing when compared to the cuts that came after the very first issue ones, and even they weren't as good.

Audioman
03-11-2013, 15:24
You really should keep these, as the only way to equal them sonically is in digital form (and of course that's questionable in some circles). The JA disc especially sounds amazing when compared to the cuts that came after the very first issue ones, and even they weren't as good.

I agree the JA can't be beat. RLJ has better alternatives now. Some of the titles did suffer a little from smiley face EQ like the original Mo-Fi's. Only sell if desperate as they appear to keep increasing in value. Dave you can't be serious about digital !

dantheman91
03-11-2013, 16:00
Hi

Remember guys i am trying to sell the LP's it is a for sale thread can we keep it on topic please..but carry on its gonna get interesting :cool:

DSJR
03-11-2013, 16:27
I agree the JA can't be beat. RLJ has better alternatives now. Some of the titles did suffer a little from smiley face EQ like the original Mo-Fi's. Only sell if desperate as they appear to keep increasing in value. Dave you can't be serious about digital !

Couldn't be more, especially as CD's I once thought were lousy now sound superbly musical, 3-D and believable to me. Don't want to go down that route, but it was the original CD of 'Show Some Emotion' when compared to a more recent mastering that done it guv'nor, the original CD now doing what the vinyl did at the time in terms of the 'hanging reverb' style that Joan's producer used at the time :)

All good fun innit :lol:

dantheman91
18-12-2013, 17:08
UP................

Audioman
18-12-2013, 18:18
UP................

I take it they are still up for sale then? - I would suggest Ebay where you will likely get £200 -£300 for the pair with ease.

take5
02-01-2014, 19:35
This may be of interest.

£253 for the RLJ, on its own.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superb-Copy-Rickie-Lee-Jones-NIMBUS-Supercut-AUDIOPHILE-Press-Mint-LP-/261328786556?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3cd868d47c&clk_rvr_id=568438023372#ht_320wt_750

dantheman91
01-02-2014, 15:21
Bump.........