Roger McGuinn
Gong
Crosby Stills and Nash
Steve Hillage Band
Fairport Convention
Lonnie Liston Smith
Eat Static
Spinal Tap

And subject to there not being a clash with anything else, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band :)

I hope I can catch some of the music this year!

Marco
25-05-2009, 18:56
Yo Beechy,

I know the rest, but who are 'Eat Static'? :)

I hope you have fun amongst all those unwashed hippies :eyebrows: ;)

Marco.

Ali Tait
25-05-2009, 19:11
We will Marco!!

Beechwoods
25-05-2009, 19:15
Eat Static ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd26eRxx7gQ

Marco
25-05-2009, 19:28
Oh dear, they're not quite my thing! :lol:

Hey I'm sure you guys will have a ball :eyebrows:

Marco.

Barry
25-05-2009, 22:10
You mean you're not going for:

Ray Davis
Neil Young
Lily Allen
Tinariwen
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Madness
Echo & The Bunnymen
Kahled
Penguin Cafe Orchestra ?

Admit it - you're really going to see Rolf Harris aren't you?

Barry

Spectral Morn
25-05-2009, 22:28
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/2009-line-up-revealed

Looks like a really good bill, highlights for me are:

Roger McGuinn
Gong
Crosby Stills and Nash
Steve Hillage Band
Fairport Convention
Lonnie Liston Smith
Eat Static
Spinal Tap

And subject to there not being a clash with anything else, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band :)

I hope I can catch some of the music this year!

I hope the good old BBC cover these bands when they play. Their coverage of Glastonbury is not always comprehensive, hopefully they will be included. Pretty Please with sugar on top....

Regards D S D L

Beechwoods
26-05-2009, 06:29
You mean you're not going for:

Neil Young

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Admit it - you're really going to see Rolf Harris aren't you?

Barry

:lol: Rolf is a bit avant-garde for me Barry. I'm more of a Keith Harris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-5VgxpWG8) fan myself!

Neil Young and Nick Cave may end up on my list as well. Funnily enough though I'm a fan of Nick Cave's spoken word stuff more than his music (And The Ass Saw The Angel is a brilliant book, and brilliant on his spoken world LP of the same name). I like Neil Young with CSN&Y - perhaps they'll get together? 'Woodenships' is an all-time fave... :)

Beechwoods
26-05-2009, 06:38
I hope the good old BBC cover these bands when they play. Their coverage of Glastonbury is not always comprehensive, hopefully they will be included. Pretty Please with sugar on top....

Same here, Neil. Knowing my luck I won't be able to see some of these, and I really want the McGuinn and Fairport stuff on tape, amongst others :)

Ali Tait
26-05-2009, 07:04
There are so many bands,you can't see everyone unfortunately.You have to pick and choose.

Barry
26-05-2009, 23:13
:lol: Rolf is a bit avant-garde for me Barry. I'm more of a Keith Harris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-5VgxpWG8) fan myself!

Neil Young and Nick Cave may end up on my list as well. Funnily enough though I'm a fan of Nick Cave's spoken word stuff more than his music (And The Ass Saw The Angel is a brilliant book, and brilliant on his spoken world LP of the same name). I like Neil Young with CSN&Y - perhaps they'll get together? 'Woodenships' is an all-time fave... :)

My festival days are long since gone. These days I only attend concerts in London and of those most of them are classical, such as the 'Proms'.

Whoever you get to see/hear, I hope you have a good time!

Regards

Barry

REM
27-05-2009, 13:20
It's been nearly a quarter of a century (!) since I went to Glastonbury ('85 year of the BIG mudfest, never ever again) and it looks like some of this years' acts were on then:lol:

Hope all those who do go have a great time and the weather gods smile on you.

Cheers
Ralph

Ali Tait
27-05-2009, 16:19
Cheers Ralph! This will be my ninth in a row I think. :)

symon
25-06-2009, 09:56
Here comes the rain.... :doh:

REM
25-06-2009, 12:33
Here comes the rain.... :doh:

It's wall to wall blue skies and sunshine here in the County Palatine of Lancaster, I shall perform my shamenistic ritual rollerblade cerimony and send the sunshine to Worthy Farm, just hold on and tune into the vibes...:smoking:

symon
25-06-2009, 13:18
Bizarrely, it's working. Rain gone, sun shining (but the clouds are still hanging around)

REM
25-06-2009, 15:34
Bizarrely, it's working. Rain gone, sun shining (but the clouds are still hanging around)

What do you mean bizarrely, surely you never doubted my shamenistic abilities... anyway glad it worked, I can take these rollerblades off now, my feet are killing me.
:lolsign:

Hang on to those sunshiny vibes and here's hoping everyone has a great weekend,
:smoking::smoking::smoking:

Beechwoods
26-06-2009, 12:57
It rained for about 10 hours straight overnight. Now it's just a light shower. Typical weather for Glasto! From your local onsite correspondent :)

Marco
26-06-2009, 13:20
On a scale of 0-10 on the stink-o-meter, how vomit-inducing and putridly rancid are the toilets this year? :lol: :eyebrows:

;)

Marco.

Barry
26-06-2009, 13:49
On a scale of 0-10 on the stink-o-meter, how vomit-inducing and putridly rancid are the toilets this year? :lol: :eyebrows:

;)

Marco.

Marco,

Don't you know that one has to suffer for art!

Regards

Beechwoods
26-06-2009, 16:34
We have own loo. The benefits of having a campervan! The sun has comee out now... sunburn more of an issue. Spending most of our time in the Green Fields avoiding the mud!

Mike
26-06-2009, 16:38
Told you it would be muddy! ;) :ner:

REM
26-06-2009, 18:21
.... The sun has comee out now... sunburn more of an issue. Spending most of our time in the Green Fields avoiding the mud!

Thank feck fer that, I've bin shamanistically rollerbladin me bleedin backside off, blimey me feet are killin me. That's your lot for this w/e, yer on yer own now, keep making with those sunshine vibes.

Have a great Glasto:pub::band::pub: