PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Summer!

Mike
21-05-2009, 11:03
I'm currently 'enjoying' thunder/lightning/hailstones/bouncing rain etc...! WTF? :steam:

lovejoy
21-05-2009, 13:22
I'm really not convinced about these predictions of a hot summer either, so I'm writing this so that I can come back here in September and I will have been ridiculed as it will have been the hottest one in years.

But looking at the pattern of heavy rainfall in Europe, going back around 5-10 years or so, mainland Europe was getting flooded with the flooding gradually moving north a bit more each year. The UK has had it for the last couple of years with Gloucester getting hit worst in 2007 and Cumbria being badly hit last year. My guess is it'll all have turned very wet by early-mid June and Scotland gets it worst this year.

Eat your heart out Michael Fish ;)

Marco
21-05-2009, 13:44
Although officially it is, I don't class May as summer time... For me, summer is from June until the end of September, peaking in July and August, but no matter, it'll probably still be pishing down then too!! :lol:

Marco.

symon
21-05-2009, 13:46
Nah, Summer doesn't officially start until 21 June. We're still in Spring.

Oh, hang on, you mean British Summer Time and clocks changing and all that malarky! oops

Mike
21-05-2009, 13:57
so I'm writing this so that I can come back here in September and I will have been ridiculed as it will have been the hottest one in years.

Let's hope so, eh? :)

Ali Tait
21-05-2009, 14:00
I won't hold my breath.... Currently sitting in the van being monsooned upon.

Spectral Morn
21-05-2009, 17:23
I'm really not convinced about these predictions of a hot summer either, so I'm writing this so that I can come back here in September and I will have been ridiculed as it will have been the hottest one in years.

But looking at the pattern of heavy rainfall in Europe, going back around 5-10 years or so, mainland Europe was getting flooded with the flooding gradually moving north a bit more each year. The UK has had it for the last couple of years with Gloucester getting hit worst in 2007 and Cumbria being badly hit last year. My guess is it'll all have turned very wet by early-mid June and Scotland gets it worst this year.

Eat your heart out Michael Fish ;)

I certainly hope it doesn't hit Scotland later in the year as a friend of my wife is having her wedding then. However you may well be right....:( I don't particularly want a heat wave either as i don't like excessive heat....especially not humid heat which is what we usually have in the UK.

Regards D S D L

Covenant
24-05-2009, 17:39
What a beautiful Sunday. A nice salad dinner outside followed by a glass of something...and no work tomorrow.....