PDA

View Full Version : Rush

wee tee cee
15-09-2013, 17:12
Just went to it with my missus....well worth a view if yer a petrolhead ( good movie regardless and not too hollywoodised)......even ma good lady enjoyed it!

sparrow
15-09-2013, 20:28
Hans Zimmers soundtrack aint too shabby either.

wee tee cee
16-09-2013, 09:56
John,
You're right, my good lady did comment the soundtrack was similar style to Batman (the dark knight).......fine movie.

synsei
16-09-2013, 11:25
Hans Zimmer is on a roll at the moment, it would seem he can do no wrong. His soundtrack to Inception is an amazing piece of work although it probably won't be to everyones taste...

pjdowns
17-09-2013, 21:14
Just went to it with my missus....well worth a view if yer a petrolhead ( good movie regardless and not too hollywoodised)......even ma good lady enjoyed it!

Thanks for the heads-up I've been meaning to see it :)

pwood
20-11-2013, 22:56
Saw this at the cinema and recon it's one of the best films I have seen in years. The way the whole film feels like it was shot in that era is brilliant. For those not into F1 it doesn't matter they will still love it.

Zoidburg
01-01-2014, 17:52
Yes agreed I watched this the other night and was v impressed. Definitely one of the years best films.

Spectral Morn
15-02-2014, 16:28
Watched it last week with a friend who was a big F1 fan at the time this all happened - I wasn't though I knew who the main protagonists were - and he really enjoyed it as did I great film and what an amazing story. One of the best films I have seen in years.

Regards Neil

pjdowns
17-02-2014, 22:29
Totally agree, it was a great film...

PaulStewart
18-02-2014, 11:59
Fabulous film, I've been following F1for years and have covered the races for five national papers over the years. I knew people depicted in the film and it really hit the spot for me. One niggle though, the Dolby Digital surround mix on the HD version on Virgin Movies was awful. I know they wanted to get that "immersed in the action feel" but the rear channels were way too loud and centre too low. If set to 2channel it was OK. Now I didn't want to start adjusting things in the middle of a movie and I know the system is calibrated, no other movie has this problem. Virgin said a lot of people had complained and they will refund the money, but why should this happen? Any one watched off another source and had this problem?

raygreen
31-03-2014, 16:48
......and there I was thinking you were talking about the band!

potatoha
02-04-2014, 09:59
I just watched it last night and was totally immersed from start to finish. I'm not even a petrol head. I agree that the soundtrack is fab but I find they are quite similar from movie to movie?

MartinT
02-04-2014, 10:05
Yes, I very much enjoyed Rush, too. Excellent cinematography and soundtrack. Ron Howard is rapidly coming onto my radar as a director to watch - stylistically, it has some of the feel of Apollo 13.